FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Apr 8, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #10,937 of 18,020
Soundcloud apparently tries to bypass Android system audio when playing music (on another phone that plays the music smoothly, V4A has no effect on it) but fails to do so on the X7, resulting in glitched sound.

If Soundcloud is to work on the X7, there would need to be communication between FiiO and the Soundcloud developers, and changes would need to be made that makes the Soundcloud system bypass work on the X7 or for Soundcloud to work without system bypass. I wonder whether such changes would more easily happen on FiiO's end or Soundcloud's end. It does seem possible that changing things only on FiiO's end may not successfully attain compatibility with Soundcloud without breaking FiiO Music and Hiby.

AM1 is for IEM´s - period!

FiiO engineered X7 and specs/usage is very well publicited - AM1 for this, AM2 for that, use this type of card, it isn't supposed to be rooted/hacked/Tweeked unless you want it to sound like a cheadp $80 DAP...

I would disagree with the above...

1. For a long time the AM1 was the only module available, thus driving people to using it outside of its intended use.
2. I disagree that rooting degrades the X7's sound quality. If anything, with early X7 firmware, me rooting it and installing V4A served diagnostic purposes. It reported the Android system sample rate (44100) as well as let me implement and document a tweak to system parameters that would increase the X7's sound quality for third party apps (that was only possible via root before it was implemented via firmware update).

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 8, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #10,938 of 18,020
  I got a chance to A/B between stock and therium today for the first time with the Fiio X7.  I got to say it was obvious to detect the improvement the therium provided, with the stock cable the music sounded heavy, treble was restrained, but with the silver cable cymbals lasted longer and sounded more natural, imaging improved as well.  For those on the fence trying to smooth out their U12, I do recommend paring it with a slightly bright source (X7) and a silver cable.  I'm rethinking my decision to sell this now.

So you are telling me that the addition of a silver cable has made cymbals on a song last/reverb longer?

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #10,939 of 18,020
2. I disagree that rooting degrades the X7's sound quality. If anything, with early X7 firmware, me rooting it and installing V4A served diagnostic purposes. It reported the Android system sample rate (44100) as well as let me implement and document a tweak to system parameters that would increase the X7's sound quality for third party apps (that was only possible via root before it was implemented via firmware update).

and rooting made it possible for me to delete 22 76 system apps/modules, including google apps.  doesn't affect the sound quality at all. don't know how it will react on a system upgrade yet though.

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #10,940 of 18,020
People just like to talk about things when they have no idea. Rooting makes the player sound like an $80 dap? Lol... Absurd.

Anyway, for anyway that is interested. It appears to be working again. Played music for over an hour without incident. I basically reset, removed root, and did the entire process over again. I'll be listening more today... My rooted $80 sounding dap. :grinning:

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #10,941 of 18,020
People just like to talk about things when they have no idea. Rooting makes the player sound like an $80 dap? Lol... Absurd.

Anyway, for anyway that is interested. It appears to be working again. Played music for over an hour without incident. I basically reset, removed root, and did the entire process over again. I'll be listening more today... My rooted $80 sounding dap. :grinning:

considering the amplifier part is about €100, they're not even that wrong either hahahaha

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #10,943 of 18,020
Apr 8, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #10,946 of 18,020

L3000.gif

I love it, Never been so good with music, you know when smile comes naturally to your face.

AM1 is for IEM´s - period!

FiiO engineered X7 and specs/usage is very well publicited - AM1 for this, AM2 for that, use this type of card, it isn't supposed to be rooted/hacked/Tweeked unless you want it to sound like a cheadp $80 DAP ... keep listening music, enjoy, no one more than us wants to make it better.

Thats basically what I am doing.
Regards

You nailed it, Paulo!  

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #10,947 of 18,020
Anyway, let's all be friends on the X7 thread... some like to tweak and some don't, some like to tweak software and some like to tweak hardware. No need to disparage each other's preferences :p

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 8, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #10,948 of 18,020
@Paulo Abreu- Would you mind sharing how rooting alone changes the SQ of the X7? What makes you come to this conclusion?

Hi, I think I didn't make it clear... sorry for that.

I didn't exclamate rooting degrades SQ of X7 since I never did it and can't compare.

I am no expert but I believe that FiiO knows for sure X7 "way better" than many people with the rooting/hacking/tweeking gene, and I've seen it too many times systems perform worse, performance wise, stability wise, "SQ" wise, etc. since many of those people are not aware of the number of variables that manufacturers take in account in development and tunning.

Thats why I said ... "... want it to sound like a $80 DAP ..."

... maybe sooner or later...

But as I said, I am no expert and admit that some people can pull a rabbit out of X7 in 2 weeks, something that FiiO couldn't do it in years. Its for this same reason I never jailBreak my iPhone, nor my Play Station or my SLR, the end results never worths ... but that me and MHO

Regards

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #10,949 of 18,020
Anyway, let's all be friends on the X7 thread... some like to tweak and some don't, some like to tweak software and some like to tweak hardware. No need to disparage each other's preferences
tongue.gif

He he, thats the spirit
And I think the thread is going fine, I do appreciate all opinions and feedback
beerchug.gif
 it can only get better.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back