FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Apr 7, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #10,906 of 18,020

to those who experienced the right channel being slightly less loud; was the player connected to a USB cable?

Not in my case cos I never use any USB connections on my DAPS, except when charging the battery.

Maybe connect the charging cable and wiggle it about a bit while listening?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 7, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #10,907 of 18,020
Joe Bloggs,
Does the coax output on Fiio have a particular dB output associated with it? I am getting a much higher volume setting on my mojo for the same spl that another guy is getting for a much lower volume setting on his Mojo using optical out of his a&k.

Apr 7, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #10,909 of 18,020
Joe Bloggs,
Does the coax output on Fiio have a particular dB output associated with it? I am getting a much higher volume setting on my mojo for the same spl that another guy is getting for a much lower volume setting on his Mojo using optical out of his a&k.

Could the difference happen to be 6dB?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 7, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #10,912 of 18,020
I think I understood the reason for the audio/video sync.  After installing the Win7 USB driver and using the X7 as DAC, I experienced similar delay playing from JRiver.  After changing the ASIO driver streaming mode to standard (from reliable) the delay goes away.

Anyone know how I can change the local ASIO driver settings?

*Edit*

Found this post her:
http://www.fiio.net:8000/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41243

Quote Fiio's rep:
Hi, MisterC925, yes x7 dac has delay no matter you use it to see the video or enjoy the music. We will fix this bug well in next firmware.
To the tombombfr's suggestion, i would response it to the software team.

This is why I like Fiio, quick, and honest responses.  Question for Fiio/James, is this still the plan?  I have a collection of music videos that I like to enjoy along side my music only tracks.

Apr 7, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #10,914 of 18,020
Anyone have issues with X7 running Neutron or Poweramp? Problem varies, but music cuts in and out. With viper of and/or on, with/out Mojo. I reset the X7, and it worked for what appeared to be a full day. I didn't change anything, and it started acting up again. Somedays it's worse than others. Only happens with Neutron or Poweramp, not stock player.

Any suggestions? I think I'll try to reset and not root... See what happens. Regardless, the whole point was that I could root and use the device how I wanted... Which currently I'm not able to. If it doesn't work, sadly, I will have to return it. I don't want to.

Apr 7, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #10,915 of 18,020
Anyone have issues with X7 running Neutron or Poweramp? Problem varies, but music cuts in and out. With viper of and/or on, with/out Mojo. I reset the X7, and it worked for what appeared to be a full day. I didn't change anything, and it started acting up again. Somedays it's worse than others. Only happens with Neutron or Poweramp, not stock player.

Any suggestions? I think I'll try to reset and not root... See what happens. Regardless, the whole point was that I could root and use the device how I wanted... Which currently I'm not able to. If it doesn't work, sadly, I will have to return it. I don't want to.

Same problem with tidal, not rooted.

I keep saying the x7 is super buggy, nobody seems to agree.....

Apr 7, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #10,916 of 18,020
I've yet to try Tidal with it. I'm just very frustrated right now with the X7. It has potential. I was hoping to purchase the am2 module, so I could have an all in one device. No need to stack. But the music clipping is killing me

Apr 7, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #10,917 of 18,020
I've yet to try Tidal with it. I'm just very frustrated right now with the X7. It has potential. I was hoping to purchase the am2 module, so I could have an all in one device. No need to stack. But the music clipping is killing me

Why not eq down, instead of up, to avoid clipping?

Apr 7, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #10,918 of 18,020
I used clipping as a general statement, I didn't mean clipping in that sense. Music cuts off for 5-7 seconds. When mojo is plugged in to it, it's like it loses connection, the blue input light shuts off.

Apr 7, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #10,919 of 18,020
I used clipping as a general statement, I didn't mean clipping in that sense. Music cuts off for 5-7 seconds. When mojo is plugged in to it, it's like it loses connection, the blue input light shuts off.

Gotcha. It also does so when I am downloaded files to the x7 via tidal or my internal server. It seems like somehow a through put is being cut off (a click can be heard). Couple of times once it resumes I got a very loud pop sound coming through the headphones. Not nice.

Also, pushing pause in screen lock, after 20s or a bit the play/pause button is unresponsive. 

It's pretty buggy, and to my knowledge Fiio has not acknowledged any of these bugs.

Apr 7, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #10,920 of 18,020

i suggest u just try neutron on x7 and mojo and uninstall v4a, as neutron has a great eq, and if that does not work fine man then its decision time

i think getting v4a working in x7 is causing many issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back