FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Apr 5, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #10,876 of 18,020

Just me and my :two_hearts:FiiO:two_hearts:, hanging out. It got pretty airy♒️ so I started to pout :disappointed: FiiO asked if I was down ⬇for something yummy :heart_eyes::eggplant: and I asked what and he said he'd give me his :notes:ampies:notes: Yeah! Yeah!:two_hearts::notes: I rock them!:notes: I hear them!:notes: I swallow them whole:sweat_drops: :heart_eyes: It makes :cupid:FiiO:cupid: :blush:happy:blush: so it's my only goal... :two_hearts::sweat_drops::tired_face:Harder FiiO! Harder FiiO! :tired_face::sweat_drops::two_hearts: 1 ampie:notes:, 2 ampie:notes::notes:, 3 ampie,:notes::notes::notes:4:sweat_drops::sweat_drops::sweat_drops::sweat_drops: I'm :cupid:FiiO's:cupid: little :heavy_dollar_sign:buyer:heavy_dollar_sign: right down to my core :heart_decoration: FiiO makes me feel squishy:heartpulse:!FiiO makes me feel good:purple_heart:! :cupid::cupid::cupid:He makes me feel everything a listener should!~ :cupid::cupid::cupid: :crown::sweat_drops::cupid:Wa-What!:cupid::sweat_drops::crown:

Sh!tposting aside, this amp is incredible! It's everything I expected the player to actually sound like.

The bass is very present and controlled, the TREBLE is MUCH more controlled as well! No more ear pain!
The vocals are actually less intimate here though, from my experience. They sound more organic, if that's your thing.
Which is expected due to the high frequency not being as much of a priority, but trust me, it's still VERY present.
The player is now legitimately holographic, but in a warm LF shifted sort of way. It's more...natural! Not neutral, natural.
Strings are a godsend, the drums even more so, it really makes my toes curl.

I'll post more after listening, I prefer this over the AM1.
The AM1 is definitely great for being airy though, but the treble hurts my ears.
AM2 for me! Can't wait for AM3 and AM4!

Love you FiiO.

Apr 5, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #10,877 of 18,020

Just me and my :two_hearts:FiiO:two_hearts:, hanging out. It got pretty airy♒️ so I started to pout :disappointed: FiiO asked if I was down ⬇for something yummy :heart_eyes::eggplant: and I asked what and he said he'd give me his :notes:ampies:notes: Yeah! Yeah!:two_hearts::notes: I rock them!:notes: I hear them!:notes: I swallow them whole:sweat_drops: :heart_eyes: It makes :cupid:FiiO:cupid: :blush:happy:blush: so it's my only goal... :two_hearts::sweat_drops::tired_face:Harder FiiO! Harder FiiO! :tired_face::sweat_drops::two_hearts: 1 ampie:notes:, 2 ampie:notes::notes:, 3 ampie,:notes::notes::notes:4:sweat_drops::sweat_drops::sweat_drops::sweat_drops: I'm :cupid:FiiO's:cupid: little :heavy_dollar_sign:buyer:heavy_dollar_sign: right down to my core :heart_decoration: FiiO makes me feel squishy:heartpulse:!FiiO makes me feel good:purple_heart:! :cupid::cupid::cupid:He makes me feel everything a listener should!~ :cupid::cupid::cupid: :crown::sweat_drops::cupid:Wa-What!:cupid::sweat_drops::crown:

Sh!tposting aside, this amp is incredible! It's everything I expected the player to actually sound like.

The bass is very present and controlled, the TREBLE is MUCH more controlled as well! No more ear pain!
The vocals are actually less intimate here though, from my experience. They sound more organic, if that's your thing.
Which is expected due to the high frequency not being as much of a priority, but trust me, it's still VERY present.
The player is now legitimately holographic, but in a warm LF shifted sort of way. It's more...natural! Not neutral, natural.

The AM1 is definitely great for being airy though, but the treble hurts my ears.

Love you FiiO.

Your posts make me need a cold shower:disappointed_relieved:

Apr 5, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #10,878 of 18,020

Love you FiiO.

Nice to see the shift in you from really disappointed and vocal about it to this point. I guess FiiO has won you over with the X7 after all.

Apr 6, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #10,879 of 18,020
Just got my X7, upgraded to 1.8 FW.

My problem is the Fiio music app doesn't recognize M3U8 playlist, I tried opening it as a file and the list is empty.  I went into playlist in the app and none of the list is there.

What am I missing? can anyone please help.  My playlist is imported by Jriver device sync.  I downloaded Neutron and the playlists work perfectly.

Thanks

Apr 6, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #10,880 of 18,020
Just got my X7, upgraded to 1.8 FW.

My problem is the Fiio music app doesn't recognize M3U8 playlist, I tried opening it as a file and the list is empty.  I went into playlist in the app and none of the list is there.

What am I missing? can anyone please help.  My playlist is imported by Jriver device sync.  I downloaded Neutron and the playlists work perfectly.

Thanks

The m3u8 playlists for the X7 should be formatted as described in this old guide
http://www.head-fi.org/t/761295/how-to-create-m3u-playlists-for-use-on-the-x1-x3-and-x5-from-your-computer
(#EXTM3U tag not necessary)
with the exception that any directory-path backslashes ("\") should be replaced by linux-style front slashes ("/").

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 6, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #10,882 of 18,020

That is not a burn in problem. 

Those never go away. 

Probably FW got a bit of a problem. 

Fiio always done a great job with customer service, you should wait. They are great when it comes to solving all problems. 

Yeah, hopefully. The screen acting strange, sometimes similiar burn-in effect shown, sometimes the edges of the screen got darker than the center of the screen -.-

I think you can ask for replacement, FW might be screwed. Try to flash the latest FW and see if it still happens. I also am not sure what is the normal behaviour of X7, as I still don't own one, but had had extensive tests with one. 

Apr 6, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #10,883 of 18,020
FYI, I noticed minor screen burn in with the tour unit. It's not flaky FW displaying old images, don't even think that's possible. It was definitely screen burn in.

Apr 6, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #10,884 of 18,020

Love you FiiO.

oh god you're getting worse by the day. i know where that copypasta comes from young lady.

there will not be an AM4 as far as i know. AM1: low power, AM2:medium power, AM3: high power, AM5: balanced.

is the clarity lacking on the AM02? i quite like my treble sparkling.

What is that thing O.O?

the FiiO X7, AM1 and AM2 modules. and Lapis Lazuli from Steven Universe but with a somewhat lewd anime mouth

Apr 6, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #10,885 of 18,020

is the clarity lacking on the AM02? i quite like my treble sparkling.

This is what I keep wondering. The AM2 sound signature comes across as more punchy and yet more "warm". I am not comfortable using the latter term cos I keep thinking of temperature lol

Apr 6, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #10,887 of 18,020
Does anyone know how the X7 compares to the QP1R and L5Pro with the AM1/2 modules from an SQ perspective?

I had been eyeing the X7 up but went for the QP1R in the end.  Still being drawn to the X7 though.

Apr 6, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #10,888 of 18,020
Does anyone know how the X7 compares to the QP1R and L5Pro with the AM1/2 modules from an SQ perspective?

I had been eyeing the X7 up but went for the QP1R in the end.  Still being drawn to the X7 though.

Yes.

Put a grown man and a new born child in a cage and have them fight to the death.

Now have the baby press a button to become god.

The button being my.purchase of the AM2.

There you go.

Get it. Everyone here get the AM2.

I'm now an honorary FiiO shill.

This is how the noble fanboys must feel, SUCH POWER.

Baby wins by bloody combat.

I SWEAR, I might even hold a raffle for a free AM2 I love it that much.

Apr 6, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #10,889 of 18,020
Yes.

Put a grown man and a new born child in a cage and have them fight to the death.

Now have the baby press a button to become god.

The button being my.purchase of the AM2.

There you go.

Get it. Everyone here get the AM2.

I'm now an honorary FiiO shill.

This is how the noble fanboys must feel, SUCH POWER.

Baby wins by bloody combat.

I SWEAR, I might even hold a raffle for a free AM2 I love it that much.

thats some amazing love for the am2

what other daps did u listen to so we can get things in perspective

Apr 6, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #10,890 of 18,020
I've listened to the X1+E17K
some tube amps

Along with the LG G7.

And the AK Jr.

I'm gonna go back to PS to listen to the AK240/380 in a few weeks.

No way I'm buying them (yet), but I'll make some comparisons.

I'm unsure if it can sound any better than this! (Without higher end buds or desktop equipment LOL)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back