FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Apr 8, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #10,966 of 18,020
I apologise to anyone who may have been offended by my use of the word "moaners", which was perhaps not the correct description which I intended.  The way I interpreted the original post was that users who have rooted or tweaked their DAPS are often the ones who seem to have problems afterwards.  Is it fair to then complain about FiiO when the problem may be caused by something which they have done.  (Accepting of course that there may be some DAPS with faults). 

Apr 8, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #10,967 of 18,020
  I apologise to anyone who may have been offended by my use of the word "moaners", which was perhaps not the correct description which I intended.  The way I interpreted the original post was that users who have rooted or tweaked their DAPS are often the ones who seem to have problems afterwards.  Is it fair to then complain about FiiO when the problem may be caused by something which they have done.  (Accepting of course that there may be some DAPS with faults). 

now superbike99 all respect to your apology

what we are trying to do here is make dap makers pay attention to the potential of android as an os and its possibilities 

so for us who are familiar with android and know how to root and install v4a and use v4a its a must for us

once u can hear a well installed v4a man you will never look back

Apr 8, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #10,968 of 18,020
  now superbike99 all respect to your apology

what we are trying to do here is make dap makers pay attention to the potential of android as an os and its possibilities 

so for us who are familiar with android and know how to root and install v4a and use v4a its a must for us

once u can hear a well installed v4a man you will never look back

You have the advantage over me as I have never heard v4a.  I have tried some of the third party apps such as the paid version of Poweramp, which may be a totally different thing.
I have been well satisfied with the FiiO Music app and use in folder mode.  How would you say that v4a compares with the FiiO app and in what way?

Apr 8, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #10,969 of 18,020
superbike999 I appreciate your apology bro, very big of you.

For the record, I never complained about the DAP, I just was sharing my experience. Also, it was meant to be allowed root access if one so desires and I was told that viper worked with it, the only reason I purchased this dap.

I love Fiio, so don't misinterpret what I said. I own and have owned several Fiio products.

There are lots of dap options, but for me, the most important reason was root access working with viper. Otherwise, I would have just kept my lg v10 or purchased a different dap.

Anyway, I've listened to fiio in pure music mode, but briefly. Not enough to cast judgment or a fair assessment.

Put it this way though, it's like comparing UERM vs asg g2 IEMS. One is extremely neutral, in a good way, the other could be extremely bassy (if tuned that way).

2 very different experiences. If you are a bass lover, you wouldn't need more than literally 5 minutes to make your decision of which is better for you.

That being said, I plan to listen to it more for the occasions when I don't want basshead levels bass.

I finally cracked and ordered the AM2... I hope it replaces my external amp. I need more power for my Sony Xb90ex, damn stubborn IEMS.

Apr 8, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #10,970 of 18,020
@superbike999 I appreciate your apology bro, very big of you.

hey brother, so I'm confused, have you kept and still prefer the rooted V10/V4A combo over the X7, or are you now converted to using a DAP?

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #10,971 of 18,020
I still have both. I prefer having a standalone DAP. I've been a fan of V4A for years, but only recently have I truly been able to appreciate it to the degree that I do...

Prior to this, I've owned a few TOTL daps, AK240, zx2, and lots of the midterm AK daps, zx1, etc. I sold my AK240, had my zx2 stolen, and basically resolved to enjoying my V10 with viper because of the wonderful sound. I vowed not to go back to another DAP unless I could use viper. So, that's why the X7. I prefer standalone units. They just don't check all the boxes without viper for me.

So, yes, I'm keeping the X7. Sorry for the long winded version.

Oddly enough, after many hours of playing, it's dropping out again. So weird. I'm not sure if it's somehow related to the usb. I was trying UAPP. Asked about the default app and usb audio, and after that it started dropping out again. Maybe a USB Driver issue of some sort? Mind boggling.

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #10,972 of 18,020

What is it about a DAP that you feel is better?

Apr 8, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #10,973 of 18,020
Just another toy. I like having a separate player. I also like having my phone just for phone things. Audibly, there is no benefit for me between the X7 and my V10. I'm hoping that the am2 will provide a nice benefit, not needing to stack. It's not always ideal carrying the Mojo, or even the Cayin C5. Would be nice to have an all in one solution at times too.

Apr 8, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #10,974 of 18,020
Would be nice to have an all in one solution at times too.

G5 with future developed amp/dac modules gives me hope. Loving the G3 with Bluetooth so for me the future is bright for single solution phones (or DAPs that can be phones?)

Apr 8, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #10,975 of 18,020
Yes I was interested in it... But the audio module doesn't look promising, but it's a step in the right direction. Depending on how good it sounded, I'd still lean towards getting a standalone DAP. Doesn't make sense, but I just really like having anither electronic device to play with.

Apr 9, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #10,977 of 18,020
Yes I was interested in it... But the audio module doesn't look promising, but it's a step in the right direction. Depending on how good it sounded, I'd still lean towards getting a standalone DAP. Doesn't make sense, but I just really like having anither electronic device to play with.

I can't find much on the audio module, where did you hear about the performance aspect?

Apr 9, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #10,980 of 18,020
FYI X7 cover (LC-X7A) is available in stock at a good price here: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=262377278374&alt=web

Would of bought one, but I already have one coming from Fiio China.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back