FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Apr 8, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #10,951 of 18,020
Now that I have it. The AM2 is far superior to the AM1. At least with my T5p .2 headphones. I'm very pleased with it.
BTW I did try AM1 with some IEMs, the Hifiman RE-400 and I still found some of the same discrepancies as my T5p.2 so I recommend IEM users to still try the AM2.

Apr 8, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #10,952 of 18,020
Paulo Abreu- Fair enough bro. Do you know what rooting does?

The reason I rooted was to install Viper4Android. It definitely changes the sound, but for me, and probably many thousands of users, in a very positive way.

It is probably the most well known music app for Android, which also works with pc now as well.

I'm not saying fiio knows more or less than the dev that created viper, but that dev has been around for years. The unofficial play store version has over 100k downloads.

Anyway, if you aren't interested in rooting, tweaking, etc., that's your business and fine.

Not nice to pass judgment or make assumptions about things you've never heard.

Regardless, I'm really enjoying my X7 again. No issues yet, hopefully it stays that way. Not sure why, I think since I removed root and Re rooted, it seems to have done the trick. Have about 2 hours of music, without any issues.

Apr 8, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #10,953 of 18,020
@Paulo Abreu- Fair enough bro. Do you know what rooting does?

The reason I rooted was to install Viper4Android. It definitely changes the sound, but for me, and probably many thousands of users, in a very positive way.

Thanks for info, I'm always learning and I have to confess this is my 1st Android device.

Maybe one day I'll give it a try
devil_face.gif
 ... if I feel the need to, which seems very unlikely.

Regards

Apr 8, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #10,954 of 18,020
@Paulo Abreu- Fair enough bro. Do you know what rooting does?

It is probably the most well known music app for Android, which also works with pc now as well.

I'm not saying fiio knows more or less than the dev that created viper, but that dev has been around for years. The unofficial play store version has over 100k downloads.

Anyway, if you aren't interested in rooting, tweaking, etc., that's your business and fine.

Not nice to pass judgment or make assumptions about things you've never heard.

Regardless, I'm really enjoying my X7 again. No issues yet, hopefully it stays that way. Not sure why, I think since I removed root and Re rooted, it seems to have done the trick. Have about 2 hours of music, without any issues.

man who on earth is so anti eq man, almost all use eq in studios and sound engineers

now those who just claim that eq is non sense, and they tell that what you hear is what the artist wants you to hear so you should not use eq, yeah right, listen to depche mode songs of faith and devotion is that how depeche mode wanted me to hear their album, no way as it was mastered like crap

this is where eq comes in and saves such poorly mastered records

and v4a is the answer to all rubbish eqs these days in daps

so a poorly mastered album without v4a and eq is like crap while with eq and v4a i can enjoy this amazing album

end of story

Apr 8, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #10,955 of 18,020
EQ is all about preferences, and yes, everywhere uses EQ. The "no EQ" is only good when you analyze to review and compare different devices on it own sound performances. Unless, one enjoy gears without EQ, then that is personal preferences :). There wouldn't be any rules to restrict that, hehehe

Apr 8, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #10,956 of 18,020
Got my X7 today and really enjoying the sound from AM1 module. I have the AM2 here too and will try that out later. I've been comparing it to the QP1R and there's not much in it really. The QPR1 is a little more airy whereas the X7 has a little more body. A bit more fun and engaging, I guess you could say. I might actually sell the QP1R as the X7 Ui is easier to use.

Is there a recommended burn in period for the X7? Also, is there a way to fast forward with the side buttons? I'm holding them down but nothing is happening aside from skipping tracks altogether.

Apr 8, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #10,957 of 18,020
Thanks for info, I'm always learning and I have to confess this is my 1st Android device.

Maybe one day I'll give it a try :devil_face:  ... if I feel the need to, which seems very unlikely.

Regards

If you are happy, that's good. Always good to keep an open mind. I tried the X7 before rooting and installing viper. Only for ten minutes, but I tried it. :wink:

In all seriousness, if you like to eq, viper is quite good. Has a lot of nice options to tweak the sound besides eq. On a phone there is more of a need for it, X7 definitely less of a need. I did prefer my lgv10 rooted with viper over stock X7 by a wide margin. Even if I added a separate amp, Cayin C5, I still prefer my phone rooted over the amped X7.

That being said, eq and/or viper isn't a must for all.

Apr 8, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #10,958 of 18,020

L3000.gif

I love it, Never been so good with music, you know when smile comes naturally to your face.

AM1 is for IEM´s - period!

FiiO engineered X7 and specs/usage is very well publicited - AM1 for this, AM2 for that, use this type of card, it isn't supposed to be rooted/hacked/Tweeked unless you want it to sound like a cheadp $80 DAP ... keep listening music, enjoy, no one more than us wants to make it better.

Thats basically what I am doing.
Regards

Absolutely spot on.  I have no sympathy with the moaners on this thread who proudly tell you they have rooted their DAP and then complain that it doesn't work in the way that FiiO intended it to work

Apr 8, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #10,959 of 18,020
  Absolutely spot on.  I have no sympathy with the moaners on this thread who proudly tell you they have rooted their DAP and then complain that it doesn't work in the way that FiiO intended it to work

and who on earth are you to call those people moaners

Apr 8, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #10,960 of 18,020

Who is moaning? I'm the only one having an issue and I'm sharing with people here in the event that if they have an issue, some of my experience would assist them. Not one person is "moaning".

Nor am I looking for sympathy. I was sharing my experience, which actually adds to the thread, unlike people like you that make snide, useless comments.

Apr 8, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #10,961 of 18,020
Who is moaning? I'm the only one having an issue and I'm sharing with people here in the event that if they have an issue, some of my experience would assist them. Not one person is "moaning".

Nor am I looking for sympathy. I was sharing my experience, which actually adds to the thread, unlike people like you that make snide, useless comments.

honestly warrior1975 some people just are caught in their own arrogance so ignore such people as its useless to pay attention to them

hail bro

Apr 8, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #10,962 of 18,020
Agreed brother. Moaning... Sympathy? Proud that I rooted my X7? Yes, that was an accomplishment. I downloaded and installed an apk. So very proud I was able to do that as I'm sure nobody else could pull off such a feat.

Really have to love the Internet sometimes. The behavior and attitude of people is just so obnoxious.

Apr 8, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #10,963 of 18,020
Agreed brother. Moaning... Sympathy? Proud that I rooted my X7? Yes, that was an accomplishment. I downloaded and installed an apk. So very proud I was able to do that as I'm sure nobody else could pull off such a feat.

Really have to love the Internet sometimes. The behavior and attitude of people is just so obnoxious.

the beauty of their non sense is they never used used v4a or rooted their devices and installed v4a successfully, yet they come here and tell their opinion that v4a is not important

man what is this non sense, had v4a been not so amazing why would we ask for it so much

so my advise to people here, is get ur brain cells together and install v4a successfully and learn how to use v4a for a week or two as it seems that who can not use it or know how to use are slow learners and only then come and report back

Apr 8, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #10,964 of 18,020
I don't know how people speak badly about something they've never used. Even so, you don't want to use it, then don't. No reason to bad mouth others.

Regardless, I'll proudly say, it's working again without issue. Several hours of play, not on drop out of music. No more loaning about it from me.

Apr 8, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #10,965 of 18,020
I don't know how people speak badly about something they've never used. Even so, you don't want to use it, then don't. No reason to bad mouth others.

Regardless, I'll proudly say, it's working again without issue. Several hours of play, not on drop out of music. No more loaning about it from me.

enjoy it man, I am happy for u

Users who are viewing this thread

Back