FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jul 8, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #541 of 18,020
  Okay, none of things you've said relates to assertion I have made regarding the benefit and possibility of detachable battery. You're not talking about anything regarding my question: why do your cellphones and laptops come with detachable batteries?
Even if you have a direct connection to Fiio engineers, it doesn't mean that you're the chief guy who will decide what will happen next.
If Fiio guys are so worried about its sale and cost, they can simply start a poll here regarding if people want extra batteries or not . I'm sure plenty of audiophiles here will willing to sacrifice $100 for extra batteries.
If X7 will be built based on people's opinion, that's how we can use this thread. 
Who is the "totally narrow minded and not understandable" here?
and why do your cellphones and laptops use detachable batteries?

Same questions to you: why don't iPhone, iPod or iPad come with detachable battery, yet they are the most popular of gadgets in the world? Does Steve Jobs, arguable one of the most visionary person in the recent history of the personal electronics, totally narrow minded and not understandable? Are the uncountable number of people who buy into his idea of no-user-replaceable-battery all mindless zombies?

You are right about one thing though, I'll rather not reply to someone who is so self-righteous that, while he can see everything he might as well be blind. But just for entertainment...

1.Making a battery detachable will not increase a size of a DAP. what makes you think like that? Does your cellphone gets bigger because of its battery? 
Answer: Which of the same device will be slimmer? One with removable battery that need s a battery bay or one with integrated battery that doesn't need battery bay? Do you really need me to tell you that?

2. Making a battery detachable will not reduce battery's life and capacity. what makes you think like that? Does your cellphone's battery last less because of its detachability?
Answer: No, because the same space that will be wasted for battery bay can be used for accommodating bigger battery. In fact in most cases, you can probably fit a bigger battery without using the same amount of space as battery bay, thus driving the FiiO's decision to not use removable battery.

3. Making a battery detachable will only make people like this DAP more. You'll be able to carry extra batteries all the time. who said to you that you must use a cellphone battery? 
Answer: Because custom-built battery cost a lot more than readily available smartphone battery. and therefore doesn't make good economy sense to use custom battery as it will drive up cost. Why don't you ask iBasso, who does use removable battery, their reason of picking a Samsung battery instead of custom building their own removable battery?

4. Making a battery detachable will not make developers lose something. who said to you that all of your cellphone developers lost something by making their cellphone batteries detachable and selling extras on Ebay?
Answer: Yep, who said that? I didn't. The difference is, there are a lot more user with cellphone (which means a lot more potential customer) than there will even be with a DAP. If you can't see the difference in the scale of economy here and how it has a huge impact on the business, then I don't think any more explanation will make sense to you. Samsung has millions of Galaxy S5 customers (*not to mention their other models), so stocking and selling 10 of thousands of batteries make sense since even 10% of them comes back for battery, it is still a fairly big business. FiiO on the other hand only has a few thousands of DAP users at most, so stocking custom battery doesn't make sense, especially if you consider that battery has a shell life in storage and not all of your customer will return for a battery 3 years later. They might have gone to another brand of DAP or even upgrade to a new FiiO model that doesn't use the same battery anymore.

5. Making a battery detachable will not make YOU lose something.  What's your point?
6. Making a battery detachable will not make any of us lose something
7. Making a bettery detachable will not make YOU lose time and money so don't worry. 
8. Making a battery detachable and easily accessible will save YOU time and money. 
Answer: The above questions are somewhat covered by previous answers and therefore I don't want to repeat myself. Some of them are not even question but personal opinion therefore don't require answer. Just one more point: business has to be run in a way that makes business sense for the long term. It won't survive that market by just making some customer happy for a short time while at the time jeopardizing its own finance or long term development.

p/s: FiiO did start a poll, you just don't know about it, again.

pp/s: If you haven't noticed, the opinion-collecting phase of this thread is long over when the preliminarily spec was published in May.

Jul 9, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #543 of 18,020
So Steve Jobs can control what his customer 'experience' and yet FiiO can't. Well, quite a long way to go for an argument that doesn't make any sense to me.

Anyway, why do I keep hearing people saying FiiO does NOT have replaceable battery? Almost every FiiO products since last year has a battery with socket that can be replaced as a whole without any soldering skill. They just prefer not to openly sell them to those who might or might not know what they are doing, since battery replacement will void warranty for the least and any mistake will just damage the device. Rather, they will like to see skilled technician handle the problem.

Anyway, I am out. Since like nothing I said makes any difference anyway. But good luck if still want the replaceable battery for X7, maybe you can actually repeat it enough times that FiiO would have no choice but to implement it just to get some peace and quiet
wink.gif

By the way, this is a public forum, not your house. You don't get to order people around. You might not agree with the people you have the discussion with, but at least show some respect, if not for those you don't agree with but for yourself.

Jul 9, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #544 of 18,020
Since the decision has already been made by FIIO , let's put this battery argument to rest and move on 
cool.gif

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #546 of 18,020
I just hope the battery is made in Korea but assembled in Japan so that it will sound good.

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #547 of 18,020
My Korean made battery sounds great!
wink_face.gif
 Jobs having non-replaceable batteries has nothing to do with being proprietary. That can be done with an apple supplied battery. Besides the OS, Apple's competitive edge has always included being the smallest and lightest which makes a replaceable battery counter-productive to the designs. I'm a PC guy but this should be fairly obvious to anyone paying attention.

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #548 of 18,020
I'm guessing the guy on ebay who is having all of his batteries snapped up by DX90 users is swearing profusely right now.

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #550 of 18,020
Is there any chance of having an external gain switch on the X7?
Rather than the internal digital option like the X5.

I change gain often (won't go into the reasons why here, because it will be off-topic), and trying to do it on the X5 is an absolute pain. Not only that, the process regularly causes JRiver software to freeze, requiring a full reboot (when using a PC as the source).

An external gain switch, like on the E18, is and would be great on the X7.

Frank

Jul 11, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #551 of 18,020
  Is there any chance of having an external gain switch on the X7?
Rather than the internal digital option like the X5.

I change gain often (won't go into the reasons why here, because it will be off-topic), and trying to do it on the X5 is an absolute pain. Not only that, the process regularly causes JRiver software to freeze, requiring a full reboot (when using a PC as the source).

An external gain switch, like on the E18, is and would be great on the X7.

Frank

The beautiful thing about using a touch screen and Android is that they can program most of those controls on the home screen. A better use of a switch would be a "Hold Switch".

Jul 12, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #554 of 18,020
I wish only that X7 was sonically better than Plenue 1 and was more or equally controllable (EQ, BASS, TREBLE, 3D...)
No doubt, it should have 2 micro SD slot and yes, leather case similar to AK240 please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back