Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread
Jun 14, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #61 of 1,164

Thank You both for the speedy replies, Now to make up my mind between the A73/A83 
I've been hovering around the A83 for a while now, the A73 look very interesting though for that price, though i wish the cable was not fixed...ahh decisions ...

A73, the latest one...save some $150-$170 for (near) future release from them.! (A93 maybe, same triple hybrids?)

Jun 14, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #62 of 1,164

A73, the latest one...save some $150-$170 for (near) future release from them.! (A93 maybe, same triple hybrids?)

Maybe A85, this will go with the current naming pattern.

Jun 14, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #63 of 1,164
This is my first foray into IEMs, i just got the Oppo Pm3 a few months back and love them, but still want a smaller portable for night time in bed listening to music laying down and being able to fall asleep. Also for hot days in the city!

Read a lot  of reviews but keep circling around the Fidue pages..something intriguing about them..

Jun 14, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #65 of 1,164

Yeah, maybe that pattern cld be for triple hybrids (A85),  65 for single dynamic (just luanched A65) and 75 (A75 upcoming?) for dual dynamic IEMs?......

Exactly what I'm thinking.

This is my first foray into IEMs, i just got the Oppo Pm3 a few months back and love them, but still want a smaller portable for night time in bed listening to music laying down and being able to fall asleep. Also for hot days in the city!

Read a lot  of reviews but keep circling around the Fidue pages..something intriguing about them..

These are extremely comfortable in your ears even when lying down. But the cable is a little grabby so might pinch your skin or pull your hair if you're lying on them and move you head.

Jun 15, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #67 of 1,164
@Hisoundfi i own the GR07BE and a few other iems (see my sig) and was saving a few bucks to buy a tripple hybrid, my first top tier iem (and possibly my last :D). I was eyeing on the dunu dn2k or perhaps a fidue A83. Reading your review and larning how good these are, im in a confusion now. What would you suggest me to do? save up for the big guy or go ahead and pull the trigger on A73.? thanks.

Jun 15, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #68 of 1,164
@Hisoundfi i own the GR07BE and a few other iems (see my sig) and was saving a few bucks to buy a tripple hybrid, my first top tier iem (and possibly my last :D). I was eyeing on the dunu dn2k or perhaps a fidue A83. Reading your review and larning how good these are, im in a confusion now. What would you suggest me to do? save up for the big guy or go ahead and pull the trigger on A73.? thanks.
The a83 is a beast of an IEM and the build is top notch.

The a73 is a little less glamorous in build, and I really like the sound.

I guess the answer to that comes down to what you want specifically and what your budget is.

I keep telling myself to save for my end game iem (noble Kaiser 10u) but that never happens because I get all pumped up over the budget stuff. Truth be told, this budget fi stuff is 90 percent of what the summit fi stuff is, and it's more a matter of if you want to pay a ton more for that extra 10 percent.

Hope this helps

Jun 15, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #70 of 1,164

I guess the answer to that comes down to what you want specifically and what your budget is.

I keep telling myself to save for my end game iem (noble Kaiser 10u) but that never happens because I get all pumped up over the budget stuff. Truth be told, this budget fi stuff is 90 percent of what the summit fi stuff is, and it's more a matter of if you want to pay a ton more for that extra 10 percent.

Hope this helps

lol true that.! same story here. I have been telling my self that ill save up for my end-game iem (dn2k/a83) and have spent more than 200 odd $ in the process, all on budget fi lol.. :D for instance just won a fidue a63 three days ago for just $33 and just today won the tenores for $24.5 lol.. Now thats -$50 off my 'end game IEM' piggy bank..lol :)  (PS:feeling lucky since a week.. hehe :wink: )

Jun 15, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #71 of 1,164
Hey guys!

For all you US and Canada members, the A73 is currently on sale at CTC: http://www.ctcaudio.com/products/fidue-a73-high-performance-hybrid-earphones

Get em while they're still hot (not the treble)! 
biggrin.gif

Jun 15, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #73 of 1,164
Just picked up a pair from Penon Audio and received them in two days flat! Enjoying them quite a bit. Does anyone know which comply foams would fit on these? The comply site says their 400 series fits the A83, would it be safe to assume its the same for the A73?

Jun 15, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #74 of 1,164

Hope this helps

After a certain price point, it becomes all preference and not necessarily improvements. All the TOTLs are technically competent but sound vastly different. Where as in budget fi you are getting more and more performance for the same price range along with different preferences so its twice the fun :D

In my experience, I found diminishing returns hitting hard after 300-400 dollars. 

Jun 16, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #75 of 1,164

No burn in and sounds pretty good. Ordered from LMUE Sunday, received today via DHL fantastic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back