Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread
Jun 14, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #46 of 1,164
I had excellent fit with ex1000 and feel bad selling it but I was in financial problems and still am:sweat:

Financial troubles and Head-Fi are a bad mix. If you don't get you hands on them, I can send them to you to borrow if you front the shipping costs.

Jun 14, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #48 of 1,164
Which size of Complys did you use? And is the Tsx500 worth $21 or are the stock tips good enough?

I use the large tsx-500, and they are a brilliant fit with the A73. I didn't like the stock tips. They are all small/narrow bore, and that usually translates to smaller soundstage and more bass. The A73 doesn't need either.

Jun 14, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #49 of 1,164
This is absolutely amazing, and goes against my understanding of gear synergy. You'd think that a warm earphone would sound bad with a warm amp, wouldn't you???

The A73 pairs so brilliantly with the Audio-gd NFB-15.32. The Synergy is one of the best I've ever heard! Everything is just so flawless, organic and natural. Been relistening to all my favourite Daft Punk tracks, and I am just melting in my chair! 

You had me thinking, so I decided to pull out my E11k, and use it in tandem with the A73, even though both tilt warm, and like you..voila!!! Wow! What a wide open, organic sound. I love this!

Jun 14, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #52 of 1,164
archy121 so you got them in already?

I wish.
I dropped advancedmp3players UK an email in case they will stock it soon as they have the A83 already.
If isn't very soon with them than I will be placing the order via fleabay from HK. Trying to avoid returns & Duty tax headache.

Jun 14, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #54 of 1,164
Great news.
Seems A73 is likely to pair up well with my on the go Sony X series walkman that has a naturally warm sound. And it's easy to drive so Walkman should be plenty.

I have three different Sony DAP's, as I'm a sucker for the Sony DAP house sound, and I can confirm that the A73 sounds amazeballs on the Sony's. With Clear bass thrown in, it's got a very punchy, visceral bass attack that's fast fast fast, and any BA peaks in the treble are tamed naturally with the warm tilt to make for a smooth lush experience. Like my milkshakes bring the boys to the yard smooth! lol

Jun 14, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #56 of 1,164
Has anyone here (from the US) ordered from CTC? If so were customs applied to your order? just curious as i have been interested in a pair of Fidue IEMs but am on the fence about ordering from outside of NA, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jun 14, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #57 of 1,164
  Has anyone here (from the US) ordered from CTC? If so were customs applied to your order? just curious as i have been interested in a pair of Fidue IEMs but am on the fence about ordering from outside of NA, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

@EmpJ (Jeremy) from CTCAudio may also have some info for you.

Jun 14, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #58 of 1,164

We are actually working on shipping from within the US shortly, and may possibly be running all the pre-sales through this new service. 

So if this happens, there won't be any custom issues for US customers. That being said, up until this point, we haven't had reports of customers having to pay customs as we ship Canada Post/USPS which is less risky in that regard. (compared to the couriers) 

Jun 14, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #59 of 1,164

We are actually working on shipping from within the US shortly, and may possibly be running all the pre-sales through this new service. 

So if this happens, there won't be any custom issues for US customers. That being said, up until this point, we haven't had reports of customers having to pay customs as we ship Canada Post/USPS which is less risky in that regard. (compared to the couriers) 

Thank You both for the speedy replies, Now to make up my mind between the A73/A83 
I've been hovering around the A83 for a while now, the A73 look very interesting though for that price, though i wish the cable was not fixed...ahh decisions ...

Jun 14, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #60 of 1,164
  Thank You both for the speedy replies, Now to make up my mind between the A73/A83 
I've been hovering around the A83 for a while now, the A73 look very interesting though for that price, though i wish the cable was not fixed...ahh decisions ...

I can't help you there... I want them both lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back