Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread
Nov 5, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #1,156 of 1,164
Well, after a couple of months having fun in the budget world (you can get a new toy every few days doing that 
wink_face.gif
 ) i decided to up the ante a little and finally purchase one from the Fidue stables. Not really wanting to buy the A83 as it's too expensive and I've read a lot about sibilance, i decided from reviews the A73 may be perfect... and right i was !!! H2OFidelity got it bang on with his "Mainstream Meets Audiophile" heading. Plenty of detail, very musical and nice controlled sub bass. Treble to my ears is perfect and vocals really shine.

My most expensive sets up to now are Dunu Dn1000 and 2000, MEE P P1 and RHA T20. I prefer the A73 to all of these. My main everyday set was normally the Dunu Dn 1000 but recently i was getting fed up with the harsh treble, regardless of tip and ring. The A73 takes the best aspects of the 1k and makes it more coherent and far more musical. Although cheaper, IMO the A73 is a step up from the 1k. I love the T20 too, but it's more consumer friendly to my ears with it's huge bass and very smooth signature.

I've had a great week, as I also got the Yamaha HPH MT220 which is fantastic.

Nov 6, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #1,158 of 1,164
Ach, it's playing up... volume is louder in the left ear. Pretty sure it's the cable though? Tried it on multiple sources and it's the same. A shame as when it's working it sounds great. Treble is near perfect to my ears.

Nov 8, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #1,160 of 1,164
See for yourself :)

Dec 21, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #1,161 of 1,164
i just got a pair of the a73 and, while it still may be the honeymoon stage, am quite impressed. i own iems which have tighter bass, and certainly more treble extension/microdetail, but the a73 have that certain live-in-concert quality. i hear them as generally balanced, with enhanced low end, thick prominent mids and slightly smooth but still clear treble--it's an unusual tuning for a hybrid in this class. i also like that they're unfussy about source and sound good at low volumes--these could easily become my daily driver.

Dec 21, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #1,162 of 1,164
  i just got a pair of the a73 and, while it still may be the honeymoon stage, am quite impressed. i own iems which have tighter bass, and certainly more treble extension/microdetail, but the a73 have that certain live-in-concert quality. i hear them as generally balanced, with enhanced low end, thick prominent mids and slightly smooth but still clear treble--it's an unusual tuning for a hybrid in this class. i also like that they're unfussy about source and sound good at low volumes--these could easily become my daily driver.

Glad you like them
wink.gif

Jan 14, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #1,163 of 1,164
Anyone know where i can get mine fixed? they gave up on me after just 1.5 yrs...right near the strain relief/jack :frowning2:  I gotta say they're not bad but i think the next time around i'd get a pair of iems with removable cables. I got mine from CTC and they seem to be outta biz or they jsut didnt reply to my question of where to get them fixed..

May 23, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #1,164 of 1,164
Left pair of my A73's dynamic driver has stopped working. Mids and highs are audible but bass quantity is significantly lesser than the right one. How can i contact with Fidue, any suggestions? I couldn't find an email or contact address on their website. I have sent a message through Facebook but they haven't replied yet. By the way, A73 is out of guarantee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back