DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 15, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #4,981 of 14,084
Depends on what you want from a UI. For me the DX90 just works

May 15, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #4,982 of 14,084
Depends on what you want from a UI. For me the DX90 just works

some of the guys in the bug thread are reporting issues with the Shuffle mode, all I need my DAP to do is shuffle music and MAYBE I WOULD FREAKING LOVE some Folder Structure play ability, you know select a folder and play everything inside of it including all sub folders 

May 15, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #4,983 of 14,084
Hmm...I really have to bang the drum for the DX90 in regards to it's usability. OK, it's not perfect (what UI is??) at this stage but if you have a qiute decent folder structure and/or a good file-tagging, you won't have any troubles. So far my DX90 never froze or showed an odd behaviour^^

Let's see what an upcoming firmware can do..
wink_face.gif

May 15, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #4,984 of 14,084
What doesn't work on the UI of the DX90? I load the music. Can go by one of two methods to the music, go to the album, pick the song, it plays. There are many other functions as well but it all works. They will also have a new FW in a day or two for little things. Its all good. 

May 15, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #4,985 of 14,084
Has anyone problems with USB 3.0?
Any time I connect my DX90 to the USB 3.0 port on my Lenovo T420 (Windows 7 64bit) I get a popup asking "Do you want to scan and fix ..."
After I click on "Scan and Fix (recommended)", it tells me that it did not find any error.
This does not happen when I connect the DX90 to the USB 2.0 port on the same laptop.

My DX50 did not show any problem when connected to the same USB 3.0 port.

Thanks!

May 15, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #4,986 of 14,084
Any time I connect my DX90 to the USB 3.0 port on my Lenovo T420 (Windows 7 64bit) I get a popup asking "Do you want to scan and fix ..."
After I click on "Scan and Fix (recommended)", it tells me that it did not find any error.
This does not happen when I connect the DX90 to the USB 2.0 port on the same laptop.

Thanks!

I get that B$ message from Win7 on loads of different USB storage devices. Windows is flawed, flawed, flawed, so please don't let it concern you about the DX90 itself.

I do notice that Win7 doesn't like a USB device being connected that has more than one memory chip, if the device in question is set to operate in 'MSC' mode, but tends to behave itself better if the device is set to 'MTP' mode. It happens like that with my Cowon J3 DAP, for example (32gb onboard memory + a 64gb MicroSD card)

But I just don't worry about it - I tell Win7 to shut-up every time it B$s me about needing to 'scan and fix', and I always decline the option to go ahead and 'scan & fix'. I would never trust Microsoft to 'fix' any storage device error - they're disgracefully incompetent. I was once told, by a programmer, that Windows Checkdisk (which tries to run during boot-up, if a Windows machine has been shutdown too quickly) simply deletes any truncated entries on the file structure table, rather than doing what any responsible program would do and either back up the truncated entries or attempt to actually fix them.

Seriously - NEVER allow Microsoft to check or alter any of your disks or files.

May 15, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #4,987 of 14,084
Hello,

i have a problem :
i have formatted  per error, the internal memory of my DX90, on mac os.
i wanted to format the micro sd external card.
since, when i connect the DX90 to my mac, the internal memory is not visible, it can not be seen.
what shall i do now ?

reset factory, but nothing !!!
use pc windows 7 pro, nothing
need help please

sam

May 15, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #4,988 of 14,084
  Hello,

i have a problem :
i have formatted  per error, the internal memory of my DX90, on mac os.
i wanted to format the micro sd external card.
since, when i connect the DX90 to my mac, the internal memory is not visible, it can not be seen.
what shall i do now ?

reset factory, but nothing !!!
use pc windows 7 pro, nothing
need help please

sam

First things first; try completely removing the memory card, and then try a factory reset.

Let us know what happens, and we can take it from there...

May 15, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #4,989 of 14,084
Simple question without flaming please
biggrin.gif
...I have used iBasso products through the years, so the faith is there, just don't want to go through this whole thread before pulling the trigger.

Does the DX90 handle gapless playback flawlessly?  No clicks, pops, gaps etc....Basically as good as the CD rip?

Thanks

Cheers!!!!!

May 15, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #4,990 of 14,084

Thanks!

I had that happen when I initially got the unit. I was plugged into USB 2. I let Windows fix it and haven't had it happen since. In theory, you could get that if you don't do an eject before unplugging the DX90 from USB. This is similar to any USB stick; Windows may have write cache turned (or a write operation that hasn't finished) and it'll mark the disk dirty.

//TB

May 15, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #4,991 of 14,084
I had that happen when I initially got the unit. I was plugged into USB 2. I let Windows fix it and haven't had it happen since. In theory, you could get that if you don't do an eject before unplugging the DX90 from USB. This is similar to any USB stick; Windows may have write cache turned (or a write operation that hasn't finished) and it'll mark the disk dirty.

//TB

If only there were an improved firmware and driver...xD

Kojaku

May 15, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #4,993 of 14,084
Don't blame iBasso - blame Microsoft for their decades of indifference and incompetence

Well apparently its more of an issue of driver security approval (at least for Windows 8).

Kojaku

May 15, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #4,994 of 14,084

First things first; try completely removing the memory card, and then try a factory reset.

Let us know what happens, and we can take it from there...

i removed the memory card and tried factory reset and it does not work.
the capacity of internal memory is appearing 0 GB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back