DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 15, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #4,997 of 14,084

Don't blame iBasso - blame Microsoft for their decades of indifference and incompetence

This is a topic for another forum, however I will say in MS's defense that they do not cherry pick what hardware they support like other companies and therefore have to develop drivers for everything instead of a minute amount of selected hardware.

May 15, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #4,999 of 14,084
Per an email very soon.

May 15, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #5,001 of 14,084
  Simple question without flaming please
biggrin.gif
...I have used iBasso products through the years, so the faith is there, just don't want to go through this whole thread before pulling the trigger.

Does the DX90 handle gapless playback flawlessly?  No clicks, pops, gaps etc....Basically as good as the CD rip?

Thanks

Cheers!!!!!

No more clicks alright, but there is still some random 2 second cut the the end of each song. Sometimes it's noticeable sometimes not. It's sort of random thing.

May 15, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #5,003 of 14,084
No more clicks alright, but there is still some random 2 second cut the the end of each song. Sometimes it's noticeable sometimes not. It's sort of random thing.

Well I heard this 2 sec thing for quite some time but it never happened to the 300GB of files I tried playing on my dx90 thus far? Both gapless album (concerts mostly) and normal album never gave me this 2 second thing even once. Vast majority (90%) of my rips are in .flac and rest are mostly 320k mp3. I recall having early cutting issue with my ak100 but that was only for mp3 encoded in vbr and was told the variable bit rate screwed with the firmware trying to determine how long the track really is. I haven't tried any vbr mp3 on dx90 as I had almost reripped everything to flac over the years now. Wonder what kind of files are giving you issues?

May 15, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #5,004 of 14,084
I have finally ordered mine!
biggrin.gif

The price on mp4nation is great with the free gift but I do not really need another earphone.

Found it for sale at a store called eglobalcentral.com for $388. (I don't think I can post the link here, so please just enter the site and search DX90 if you like to).

Their customer service told me that they are shipping from Hong Kong with free UPS. I was born in HK and know the shops there are a little more trustworthy than those in China.
They have the standard 14-days return and 2-years "in-house" warranty. They said they will replace mine with a new one under warranty, but I am not very sure...
I paid with Paypal as I can use its buyer's protection if anything bad happened (on the first month).
rolleyes.gif

I will post updates and tell you guys how long it will take to arrive. Time to dig through the thread...
beerchug.gif

May 15, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #5,005 of 14,084
Well I heard this 2 sec thing for quite some time but it never happened to the 300GB of files I tried playing on my dx90 thus far? Both gapless album (concerts mostly) and normal album never gave me this 2 second thing even once. Vast majority (90%) of my rips are in .flac and rest are mostly 320k mp3. I recall having early cutting issue with my ak100 but that was only for mp3 encoded in vbr and was told the variable bit rate screwed with the firmware trying to determine how long the track really is. I haven't tried any vbr mp3 on dx90 as I had almost reripped everything to flac over the years now. Wonder what kind of files are giving you issues?

All my files are CD ripped ALAC and downsampled hi-res downloads also in ALAC. Problem is when I encounter the problem and try to recreate it, doesn't happen on the same files. Can't really pin down the exact condition when the issue exactly happens.

However, it seldom happens that it does not bother me. But when it happens I will certainly notice.

May 15, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #5,006 of 14,084
All my files are CD ripped ALAC and downsampled hi-res downloads also in ALAC. Problem is when I encounter the problem and try to recreate it, doesn't happen on the same files. Can't really pin down the exact condition when the issue exactly happens.

However, it seldom happens that it does not bother me. But when it happens I will certainly notice.

See... Don't have alac files now and can't try, but would be hard to nail down if it is not consistently reproducible. Does it happen to playlist, or shuffle, or album? I don't use playlist nor shuffle that much as I usually go album by album. In any case good that it is not happening much even for you and didn't bothered you.

May 15, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #5,007 of 14,084
See... Don't have alac files now and can't try, but would be hard to nail down if it is not consistently reproducible. Does it happen to playlist, or shuffle, or album? I don't use playlist nor shuffle that much as I usually go album by album. In any case good that it is not happening much even for you and didn't bothered you.

I don't do shuffle, just play by album from the folder view or DB.

May 15, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #5,008 of 14,084

Thanks!!!

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back