DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 16, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #5,011 of 14,084
Update - firmware to be released today confirmed ibasso

For screen protectors contact ibasso. Mine were defective so ibasso has shipped new ones and i paid for the shipping only. Great service by ibasso.

May 16, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #5,015 of 14,084
I won't bother. It's a step back compared to DX90's built in amp in terms or power, detail and clarity. Yes I had it once and found UHA-6SMKII better but also doesn't make much difference against DX90's amp at least for IEMs.

i gonna have to make my hands dirty then.

thanks for the pointers my man. any other references will be much appreciated.

May 16, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #5,016 of 14,084
About the firmware update:

Not eaasy to find in the thread what version th efirst batch of players came equipped with.

FYI
I just received my DX 90 from Ibasso. It came with V.2.0.0 installed
Under USB settings I can choose storage or DAC
My guess is, that this is the newest firmware and others will have it soon as well

Havent tried the DAC functionalty yet, but that will happen soon

Out of the box the sound is more energetic, more dynamic than my DX50

I use Sennheisers ie8 earbuds

Isn't hifi a nice and harmless hobby?

Enjoy!

May 16, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #5,017 of 14,084
2.0.0 is the original fw that all units so far has come with. Dac wont work until the driver has been released which was supposed to be yesterday for 32 bit Windows. No date for 64 bit Windows nor for Mac if that will ever happen

May 16, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #5,018 of 14,084
Ive burned it in for 75 hours so far and still going, but I can tell the sounds not going change much, just become more refined, the first 25 hours burn in made a big difference, after that its been pretty much the same. I will keep burning till 400 hours though, lol...

I take back the above statement. The DX90 is continually changing with more burn time! DX90 At the 75 hour burn mark I clearly preferred my ZX1 sound, But now At 125 hour burn I am calling them nearly even (ZX1 only a hair ahead), I am feeling that with further burn the DX90 will easily overtake and surpass the ZX1.
  I actually didn't like some of the middle phases that much, Highs and space between he notes don't come around for a while. It's also not a linear progression.

Yep, I'm at 125 hours burn, and the sound is changing for the better gradually , the issues I had with the sound are lessened compared to the 75 hour burn time listen. I think I have a proper grasp on where the sound is heading now, I can say I feel ashamed for doubting iBasso for a second! The DX90 is "burning" up to be a fantastic sounding dap.

I found that on some sophisticated equipment the big changes came at 400 hrs, 600 hrs, and again at 800 hrs.  When it happens it is amazing -- like throwing a switch that turns on the SQ.

eek.gif
 I salute you for reaching 800 hours burn in! I may continue to burn mine in after 400 too, why not i say 
biggrin.gif

May 16, 2014 at 5:37 AM Post #5,021 of 14,084
I take back the above statement. The DX90 is continually changing with more burn time! DX90 At the 75 hour burn mark I clearly preferred my ZX1 sound, But now At 125 hour burn I am calling them nearly even (ZX1 only a hair ahead), I am feeling that with further burn the DX90 will easily overtake and surpass the ZX1.

Yep, I'm at 125 hours burn, and the sound is changing for the better gradually , the issues I had with the sound are lessened compared to the 75 hour burn time listen. I think I have a proper grasp on where the sound is heading now, I can say I feel ashamed for doubting iBasso for a second! The DX90 is "burning" up to be a fantastic sounding dap.

:eek:  I salute you for reaching 800 hours burn in! I may continue to burn mine in after 400 too, why not i say :D

I notice the most significant change was after passing the 200 hour mark. Especially on the lower end it sounded like it flattened a bit compared to the warmish sound out of the box. It was noticeably a bit tighter and details a bit clearer.

When it crossed the 200 hrs mark I thought something was wrong with my Roxanne because it shed some weight/thickness on it's overall presentation. But then I check back with my DX50 on stock FW and the thick heavy sound was still there.

May 16, 2014 at 5:50 AM Post #5,022 of 14,084
I found some interesting thing about dx90.
Someone post the dx90 balance PO mod on the official ibasso forum.

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3045838431?lp=5028&is_bakan=0&mo_device=1

Just curious how much improvement on this mod..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back