DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 16, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #5,027 of 14,084
  i removed the memory card and tried factory reset and it does not work.
the capacity of internal memory is appearing 0 GB

OK, so it seems pretty likely that you've totally formatted the internal memory and that the player now has no firmware / operating system.

This may mean that you have a brick that needs returning to iBasso, OR you could get lucky if you transfer a firmware file to the internal drive, then do a factory reset, and let the player attempt to install the firmware during the boot-up sequence.

It's certainly worth a try.

May 16, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #5,028 of 14,084
So.. End of working hour in China... It means the launch is delayed?

May 16, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #5,029 of 14,084
May 16, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #5,032 of 14,084
Got mine today but too disappointed to find out

1. it does not recognize any sd card
2. it cannot be charged using micro usb
3. it is too hot to handle.

May 16, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #5,033 of 14,084

Ive had none of those problems... Very peculiar...

May 16, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #5,034 of 14,084
I got the DX90  yesterday as well. Only problem I am having is putting the custom wallpaper. I have it as wallpaper.png filename and type in the internal memory and restarted the device. Still uses the default. Otherwise, so far so good :p I actually have to bring the microUSB for charging at school since the battery drains fast..

May 16, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #5,035 of 14,084

1. format to ntfs? That worked wonders for me.
2. are you using the supplied charger and are you charging it through usb or ac wall outlet. I would also check if the battery is seating right.
3. Maybe a defective unit?

May 16, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #5,036 of 14,084
  Hello,

i have a problem :
i have formatted  per error, the internal memory of my DX90, on mac os.
i wanted to format the micro sd external card.
since, when i connect the DX90 to my mac, the internal memory is not visible, it can not be seen.
what shall i do now ?

reset factory, but nothing !!!
use pc windows 7 pro, nothing
need help please

sam

First things first; try completely removing the memory card, and then try a factory reset.

Let us know what happens, and we can take it from there...

Quote:
  i removed the memory card and tried factory reset and it does not work.
the capacity of internal memory is appearing 0 GB

Quote:

OK, so it seems pretty likely that you've totally formatted the internal memory and that the player now has no firmware / operating system.

This may mean that you have a brick that needs returning to iBasso, OR you could get lucky if you transfer a firmware file to the internal drive, then do a factory reset, and let the player attempt to install the firmware during the boot-up sequence.

It's certainly worth a try.

Pardon my quoting myself - only doing so, so that this further suggestion does not get overlooked, and so that others can follow our narrative, as it is getting drowned-out by other topics of conversation within this thread.

If the quoted suggestion does not work, then perhaps you could try copying to the root of your drive the exact files and folders from someone else's functioning DX90? I'm sure someone would be kind enough to place all those files & folders into a zip file for you, and upload them to dropbox or similar.

I also forgot to ask you if you checked what format your Mac used to format the DX90 internal 8gb memory chip.

May 16, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #5,037 of 14,084

Pardon my quoting myself - only doing so, so that this further suggestion does not get overlooked, and so that others can follow our narrative, as it is getting drowned-out by other topics of conversation within this thread.

If the quoted suggestion does not work, then perhaps you could try copying to the root of your drive the exact files and folders from someone else's functioning DX90? I'm sure someone would be kind enough to place all those files & folders into a zip file for you, and upload them to dropbox or similar.

I also forgot to ask you if you checked what format your Mac used to format the DX90 internal 8gb memory chip.

i have got a solution from : pOOB73
i have tried it and it finally accept and work.
but was not easy, i was obliged to change pc two times.
the divers were not easily accepted by windows 7.

thank you very much for your support
sam

May 16, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #5,038 of 14,084
Just for the benefit of others who may need this information, here is the solution mentioned above:

IMPORTANT! - please note that the method described here is *not* how you should normally update your firmware. The method described here is intended only for people who have accidentally reformatted their DX90s internal memory and now the player won't boot. It is a way to 'rescue' a player from being bricked.

If your player is working fine and you simply wish to update it's firmware to the latest version, then this method is not for you - you need to use the normal firmware update method described elsewhere.

(from iBasso).  
Please format the DX90 in FAT32 format.
The following is the batchtool, you can use it to fully format the DX90 and reload the firmware.
http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX90-tools.zip

I didnt add the instruction into it.  So, please refer to the instruction in the DX50's batch tool.
http://www.ibasso.com/download/RKbatchtool_for_DX50.zip

The following is the DX90's firmware.
http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX90V2.0.0Apr7th.zip

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

Hope this helps anyone who needs it, and thanks to pOOB73 and Samuel777 for relaying the information 
beerchug.gif

May 16, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #5,039 of 14,084
  i have got a solution from : pOOB73
i have tried it and it finally accept and work.
but was not easy, i was obliged to change pc two times.
the divers were not easily accepted by windows 7.

thank you very much for your support
sam

I've eventually got it working with windows 8.1 x64, but the drivers should also work with Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit. It's probably an issue with my Windows 7 machine, not a general driver problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back