Did anyone realize how cheap the Klipsch IMAGE is?
Aug 23, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #46 of 97
I have not done a comparison yet, I'll be spending time this afternoon comparing the UM2s and Shures with these. I'm waiting to see the Sleek wireless adapter too, and I think if it weren't for that I would probably sell my SA6s now that I have the Images.

Aug 23, 2008 at 9:59 PM Post #47 of 97
Nice thoughts and impressions danosaurus! These were the two phones I was considering as my first IEM and the images (x10's) now seem to be getting more postive feedback and reception than back in april! Quite a few are coming out the woodwork now and backing these phones. They are now, along with the UM2's and ETY ER4's, the phones I most want to try/buy (but that wont be for some time!). So yer I'd be intrigued to read any comparative thoughts you can draw up on all four of the top-end IEM's you own.

Aug 23, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #49 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No doubt the price drop has something to do with the new slant on the X10s.

True. I am relishing hearing more on these phones now though. I hope the Klipsch custom 3's are now to follow a similar critical flourishment.

Aug 24, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #50 of 97
In my exploration of lower prices for the X10s, I am now locked in at $191.99 with Amazon, which will be tough to beat. But I heard it on good authority that Soundearphones' prices are going down even more tomorrow. Just in case anyone was looking to buy them and not want to wait for the 1-2 month delay at Amazon (that's what the site says now for expected ship date). Just an FYI.

Aug 24, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #51 of 97
I guess I should have left buying mine for a couple of weeks, it's looking like I could have saved around $50.

Aug 24, 2008 at 2:05 AM Post #52 of 97
Additional impressions of the X10s are great...but I'm honestly more interested in getting some new perspectives on the X5s - especially as the few I've read have actually tended to prefer them to the X10s. Any takers?

Aug 24, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #54 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
True. I am relishing hearing more on these phones now though. I hope the Klipsch custom 3's are now to follow a similar critical flourishment.

I have been gathering that from my reading. Takes a while longer to get the fit right but with some patience a few people are saying they are almost as comfy and do sound better than the Image. At $169.95 the Customs are now really worth a try even if they are a bit fussy at first.

I agree with epitheless also. The darker X10 seems to lack a bit of sparkle and people are liking the X5 even if the bass doesn't go as low. The more forward mids don't hurt either; depending on the type of music you listen to.

Aug 24, 2008 at 3:08 AM Post #55 of 97
X5s sound interesting too, though they are new and priced at $249 from what I see.

Custom 3s have sunk price-wise, but seem to pose a fit/comfort issue for some. I am not a fan of over the ear style, so the X10s are a better fit for me.

Also, didn't see where epitheless says the X10s are dark. In fact, he told me he returned his X10s because he felt the highs were a bit much for his tastes, but I could be mistaken.

If the X10s are cousins to the Sleeks (close in sound, but more, deeper bass), then they sound like something I would like as much as I like the Sleeks. elnero, a Sleek/X10 owner, says he likes them both. Good enough for me, I guess. But I will find out for myself soon enough.

Aug 24, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #56 of 97
Quote:

In my exploration of lower prices for the X10s, I am now locked in at $191.99 with Amazon, which will be tough to beat. But I heard it on good authority that Soundearphones' prices are going down even more tomorrow. Just in case anyone was looking to buy them and not want to wait for the 1-2 month delay at Amazon (that's what the site says now for expected ship date). Just an FYI.

Right now they're at $230. Weren't they at $220 before? I can't remember. It was probably $250.

Aug 24, 2008 at 3:22 AM Post #58 of 97
I've been trying the X10s with the two comply tips I have lying around (t100 & t400) and can say that both tips offer different sound characters.

With the T100s, the treble is very bright and forward. With the T400s, the treble is more laid-back. There is a hump around the mid/mid bass level that is great with some music and too much with others. The bass with the T400s and T100s is excellent, with the T400s hitting a little louder (not much). Because the treble is more removed, it seems like the bass is significantly stronger, but in reality it is only a little.

I'm not really that great in expressing the differences in audiophile talk, but just trying to give my observations.

Aug 24, 2008 at 3:39 AM Post #60 of 97
Quote:

X5s sound interesting too, though they are new and priced at $249 from what I see.

The X5 would be $179.95 at Soundearphones with the $10 off code. Heck, all the prices are dropping like mad. The Custom-2 is a shade over $100 for a dual driver. Of course those are the more fit challenged design also.

Are the others dropping another $10 also or just the X10? Then it would be $169.95 for the X5. I might even try them at that price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back