Did anyone realize how cheap the Klipsch IMAGE is?
Aug 26, 2008 at 6:06 PM Post #91 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I do a lot of buying to try myself but it is nice having a few other local Head-Fier's that happen to have some really nice gear. I finally got to hear Grado PS-1's yesterday. :p

Nice! I am still to venture into the relam of full-ized cans. Do you use/have full-sized cans? How do you find IEM's compare to full-sized headphones?

Aug 26, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #92 of 97
I used to have a nice home rig based around the RS-1's and HeadAmp GS-1 but had to downsize a couple of years ago after I got laid off unexpectedly from the job I had been working at for 5 years. I use IEM's almost exclusively at the moment but I'd like to start putting together a home rig again in the near future.

I tend to think you generally get more bang for your buck with IEM's but if soundstage and a more speaker like presentation are a big priority than IEM's will never full compete. I quite like IEM's myself so I've been tempted go the custom IEM route instead of building a home rig based around full-sized cans but I'm not sure. Every time I start seriously considering customs I back off because of the potential costs involved with fit issues.

Aug 26, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #93 of 97
Quote:

I used to have a nice home rig based around the RS-1's and HeadAmp GS-1 but had to downsize a couple of years ago after I got laid off unexpectedly from the job I had been working at for 5 years. I use IEM's almost exclusively at the moment but I'd like to start putting together a home rig again in the near future.

I tend to think you generally get more bang for your buck with IEM's but if soundstage and a more speaker like presentation are a big priority than IEM's will never full compete. I quite like IEM's myself so I've been tempted go the custom IEM route instead of building a home rig based around full-sized cans but I'm not sure. Every time I start seriously considering customs I back off because of the potential costs involved with fit issues.

I empathise with your plight. I'm sorry to hear you got laid-off. Man that can't be nice but such is life I suppose/fairness is not always adheared to. I'm currently only a newb (hate that term but its stuck) and therefore havn't yet progressed onto full-sized cans. My nature, though, is very much the desire to try everything, almost, and I've kinda ploughed into the IEM market so far, as opposed to diversifying into the bigger picture more. Still, I'm loving the hobby and interest, even if my wallet isn't
tongue.gif
. I have a lot to digest at present but my next step will be either into the realm of portable headphone amps or a set of full-sized cans
biggrin.gif

Aug 27, 2008 at 4:04 AM Post #94 of 97
Quote:

I think the X10's are quite tips dependent and probably ear shape/size as well. As I've mentioned before I've tried other tips but to me the included bi-flanges are the best. I happen to have the SA6's, Triple.fi's, E530's and Images all sitting in front of me right now and the Images are the darkest of the four. Put on a pair of black olives and their borderline to aggressive in the treble for me.

Try the bi-flanges from the Sleeks. They fit like they're made for them. I always loved the Sleek bi-flange tips, and now I can use them on the Image. I get a better seal than with any of the Image tips. Very nice indeed.

Aug 27, 2008 at 11:11 PM Post #96 of 97
Hi all, I am new here, although I've been lurking around here for a while reading reviews
tongue.gif

I had the chance to get the Image X10 from newegg for $179 2 days ago, but decided to read some more reviews on it before pulling the trigger, but regret that I didnt because it is out of stock now at newegg. Also I've been going back n forth between the X10 and and X5, so it was a bit hard to make the decision.

Whats the best deal out there right now for the X10, preferability an authorized dealer so warranty is available?

Lowest I seen is from amazon's merchant store for $211, but they are not authorized dealers, and soundearphones.com wont match price with an unauthorized dealer's price. Best soundearphones.com can offer me is a 20% discount.

Aug 28, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #97 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try the bi-flanges from the Sleeks. They fit like they're made for them. I always loved the Sleek bi-flange tips, and now I can use them on the Image. I get a better seal than with any of the Image tips. Very nice indeed.

I agree. i just got my pair of x10's, and i thought it sounded so much better once i tried the SA6 bi-flanges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back