Did anyone realize how cheap the Klipsch IMAGE is?
Aug 18, 2008 at 2:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 97

ThePandemonium

100+ Head-Fier
Aug 18, 2008 at 2:18 AM Post #3 of 97
that is cheap i thought they listed at $350!

Aug 18, 2008 at 7:29 AM Post #5 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoufo51 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're cheap because they aren't very popular.

Which is rather puzzling considering how good they sound. For $215 it is a mega steal deal.

I bought mine for even a bit less, they were second hand though, but still, I believe that was one of the best buys I've made since joining Head-Fi (apart from Edition 9
tongue.gif
). No regrets, I like them more than Sleeks SA6 which will be donated to my son before his round the world trip.

Aug 18, 2008 at 12:20 PM Post #6 of 97
Amazon says "usually ships within 1-2 months." Weird. Why the dramatic price drop? New lineup from Klipsch? I would try them, but I am all full up on the phone front. Kind of annoyed I bought the UE5s for $169 (a real impulse), as they are started to sound boring. But the Sleeks are still fine. Hmm, maybe a bargain basement sale of the UE's to finance part of an Image purchase?

Edit: Ahhhh! The shiny new thing bug has bitten again. Decided to order, really for kicks. Also, won't ship from Sept. 10-Oct. 1, time to either get a refund or sell the UE SF5s. Trying for the former from UE first. Still loyal to the Sleeks as the best in-ear phones I own.

Aug 18, 2008 at 4:50 PM Post #8 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lad27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which is rather puzzling considering how good they sound. For $215 it is a mega steal deal.

I bought mine for even a bit less, they were second hand though, but still, I believe that was one of the best buys I've made since joining Head-Fi (apart from Edition 9
tongue.gif
). No regrets, I like them more than Sleeks SA6 which will be donated to my son before his round the world trip.

Your like the most amazing dad ever
biggrin.gif

Aug 18, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #9 of 97
Really. I would never give my daughter my Sleeks, even if I wasn't using them. They'd get broken/lost in a matter of days/weeks. She's fine with the RE2s I had, and those are even a bit much cost-wise. Of course, she's 17.

Aug 19, 2008 at 6:47 AM Post #10 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Libertad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your like the most amazing dad ever
biggrin.gif

Oh boy, what wouldn't we do for our kids. But I think he deserves it, my boy got his BSc degree in November, ever since working two part-time jobs saving every penny towards a yearlong trip round the world with his GF. Nice girl too.

I gave him KSC75 and iRiver 320 a while back, but I think Sleeks would look much cooler on Canadian snowboarding slopes. Anyway, he'll do a fair bit of traveling on the planes, trains etc. so I thought the Sleeks are much better suited for these things than KSC75. They sure sound better (but not as good as Images
wink_face.gif
)

Back on Image topic: My only minor gripe with them is that the cable looks and feels rather frail. I mean these things were designed to be super lightweight, so I don't expect 18 gauge wires hangin' off it, but man, I'm really concerned that this cable won't last very long.

I'm even thinking to put some heatshrink or wrap some self amalgamating rubber tape over at plug end and both armatures. If cable breaks in the middle somewhere it is not that hard to fix, but if it goes right at the edge when cable insulation cannot be stripped...
frown.gif

Aug 19, 2008 at 12:36 PM Post #11 of 97
So you really prefer them over the Sleeks? What about comfort with the standard sleeves? It doesn't seem you can use foamies with the Images, which is a downside for me. I got a pair, but unless they really blow me away, I'll end up shipping them back. I am keeping the Sleeks, no matter what. I love their balanced sound with some olives on the ends.

As for being a good dad, I can see why you made the donation. He deserves it. Mine is just leaving for college (freshman) so she only gets RE2s.

Aug 19, 2008 at 12:50 PM Post #12 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's even better, Amazon, the shipper, is selling them for $215. They're an authorized dealer and are as reliable as any official dealer.

Actually, the ones in the link for $211 are being sold by BuyNow.com, which is not an authorized dealer. Purchasing on Amazon doesn't always mean you are buying from Amazon.

And no, these are not being discontinued!

Aug 19, 2008 at 2:05 PM Post #13 of 97
I don't think so. The $211.99 price page clearly says (cut and paste here) ...

"Usually ships within 1 to 2 months.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available."

Amazon.com: Klipsch IMAGE Noise Isolating Earphone: Electronics

So I believe you have it wrong. The ones I just ordered are from Amazon.com, and were eligible for Amazon Prime free shipping (which they never offer with third-party vendors). Guess you had better check it out, and clear it up. I realize that in the "More Buying Choices" column to the right it has the Images listed for the same price from Buynow.com, but the main page says sold by Amazon, and there is no mention of Buynow.com. See link above.

I ordered from Amazon for that very reason, that they are the sellers, not a third party. Plus, that gives me a rock solid 30-day money back, in case the Images are not my cup of tea.

Is Amazon.com not an authorized Klipsch dealer? If not, that's another story. But you have indicated that they are in fact one via your post.

Aug 19, 2008 at 5:29 PM Post #14 of 97
Sorry, the link I was looking at defaulted to the Buy Now Incorporated tab. I do know how to use Amazon, and found what you are referring to. They do have them at that price, and you were lucky to order when you did. I wouldn't expect that price to last.

Aug 19, 2008 at 5:55 PM Post #15 of 97
Good to know. Thanks. I guess I got a good deal (from an authorized seller). Unless, of course, Amazon winds up not honoring the price, which I doubt will happen, but you never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back