Design a custom IEM faceplate for the Head-Fi community
Jul 9, 2014 at 2:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 61
So Jude and I were brainstorming over Hot Pot the other day and I threw out the idea of an exclusive Head-Fi community faceplate — something that was designed by the community for the community. We'd offer it as complimentary artwork on any of our custom in-ears (except for the UE-4.) If anyone is interested in participating, please post your original artwork on this thread and we'll choose our top 3 favorites and then we can make a community vote. If this is fun and everyone is enjoying it, we can do limited seasonal runs. This can be as interactive and/or exclusive as we want it to be. We're open to all suggestions. I even think it would be fun to have a tier of artwork that is only available for Headphoneus Supremus status community members:wink:

Post away!

​
 ​

Please post high-res JPEGS and please be mindful of the space constraints. We're talking ears, not gallery portraits. 

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #2 of 61
I just knocked something up in Paint :/ I'm no graphic designer, and I'm not going to pretend it's any good, i just did a mockup for my idea. if anyone likes it, feel free to run with it and make it better (Read: not completely god-awfully terrible!) :)

Sorry for the tiny size and poor quality... This is literally an edit in Paint from the HF banner :/

Jul 9, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #4 of 61
So here is what my mind came up with. I can do different color combinations if demanded 
biggrin.gif

Design v1:

Preview v1:

Design v2:

Preview v2:

Its a shame i cant upload them here, i hope they get accepted anyway, just because i am no big poster doesnt mean i dont love head-fi 
tongue.gif

EDIT: Now that i can, i added them.

Jul 9, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #10 of 61
How about NOT having an image of a full size headphone imprinted on the side of an In Ear Monitor  :etysmile:

Thing is, that's the main logo mark element in Head-Fi's logo.

Mike, what is the approximate/equivalent dpi of the printer output? Just trying to get an idea of how fine we can get with the detail - particularly with regard to typography.

Jul 9, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #11 of 61
Great question Warren. I don't know off the top of my head but I'll find out. And the image doesn't necessarily have to incorporate the head-fi logo. It can be anything that we'd actually want to buy and wear. But it would only be available to community members and only for a limited run so we'd all know what it meant- even without a logo. Think of it like beyond black card.

Jul 9, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #12 of 61
Great question Warren. I don't know off the top of my head but I'll find out. And the image doesn't necessarily have to incorporate the head-fi logo. It can be anything that we'd actually want to buy and wear. But it would only be available to community members and only for a limited run so we'd all know what it meant- even without a logo. Think of it like beyond black card.

This was a cool idea until I read the "limited run...like beyond black card."

Ahh..exclusively.

Nevertheless, still excited to see all the ideas from the many talented members of this community.

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #13 of 61

Thanks Mike! 
smile.gif

So far, I like 4nradio's direction for brand clarity, though it happens to use a slightly unwieldy (i.e. current) version of the Head-Fi logo.  I had worked up an alternate logo for CanJam last year that is a little cleaner, so I'll probably be using that one as a base.

The biggest issue I'm having at the moment is trying to depict Supremus without saying Supremus.  I would hate to shove a bunch of text in what should otherwise be a visual thing. 
blink.gif

This was a cool idea until I read the "limited run...like beyond black card."

Ahh..exclusively.

Nevertheless, still excited to see all the ideas from the many talented members of this community.

Lol, you're Supremus anyway, so you're eligible. 
biggrin.gif

In the meantime, @third_eye and I would be honored if you guys would consider offering special S.F. Meet or L.A. Meet editions. 
biggrin.gif

And there is something I worked up a little while ago for some Head-Fi stickers...

But I'll try to think of some more ideas. 
smile.gif

Jul 10, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #14 of 61
Also, what do you guys think about a Jude Edition?

Jul 10, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #15 of 61
  Also, what do you guys think about a Jude Edition?

I actually LoL'd. That's a front runner for me. That would make a great T-shirt for a meet. Probably wouldn't creep Jude out at all seeing 100+ people wearing T-shirts with his likeness.
Not at all. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back