Design a custom IEM faceplate for the Head-Fi community
Jul 10, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #16 of 61
Great question Warren. I don't know off the top of my head but I'll find out. And the image doesn't necessarily have to incorporate the head-fi logo. It can be anything that we'd actually want to buy and wear. But it would only be available to community members and only for a limited run so we'd all know what it meant- even without a logo. Think of it like beyond black card.

Great initiative and would definitely want a pair of these HF exclusive UERM...  
etysmile.gif
    Please make this available to your clients outside of the US!  I hate to have to missed out on your last AK+UERM bundle deal 
frown.gif

Jul 10, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #17 of 61
Yeah, this HF faceplate will be available worldwide. I'm liking the excitement around the idea. We just thought it would be a fun thing to offer for the community. Let's see some more concepts and designs.

Jul 10, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #18 of 61
Yeah, this HF faceplate will be available worldwide. I'm liking the excitement around the idea. We just thought it would be a fun thing to offer for the community. Let's see some more concepts and designs.

Thanks!  I'm no designer but is really looking forward to all the submissions!  I recall  @ClieOS and @Graphicism did some awesome work in a Head-fi wallpaper thread at a time when I was still just a frequent lurker with a relatively healthier wallet.... 

Jul 10, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #19 of 61

Also, what do you guys think about a Jude Edition?

I actually LoL'd.

You know what's funny?  I showed the original drawing of that to a few people, without telling them what it was, and asked them who that looked like to them... everyone said Jude.
biggrin.gif
  Apparently there's something recognizable about it.

Jul 11, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #22 of 61
Jul 11, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #23 of 61
I just realized that faceplates kinda look like guitar picks.

Jul 13, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #27 of 61
I'm really liking everything that's been posted so far. A few things to note for designing in-ears. Since no faceplate is identical to any other, designing within a boarder won't work. Squares like what orel1994 did or like what phil93 linked out to (below) allow us to incorporate the image for any ear shape. This is what we end up doing with user submitted artwork by the way. Half the battle of making it look good is to know how and where to place the features in relationship with the final ear shape. 

I love the textures that Warren is using in his designs as well.

Anyone feel like voting yet or should we go for a few more submissions?

Jul 13, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #28 of 61

Is that bad?
tongue.gif

Aaand...second try. I tried to make it look High End and sober, I didn't get the black reference card, but I looked for it.

(Ignore the bad montage pls)

+1 These look awesome.  I'm not into bold colors when it comes to my IEMs.  This is subtle and very professional looking.  It also covers all of the major brand components.

Jul 13, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #29 of 61
Is that bad? :p

Aaand...second try. I tried to make it look High End and sober, I didn't get the black reference card, but I looked for it.

(Ignore the bad montage pls)

+1 this looks very headfi and very classy. Also works well with a UE chrome logo!

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #30 of 61
  Since no faceplate is identical to any other, designing within a boarder won't work. Squares like what orel1994 did or like what phil93 linked out to (below) allow us to incorporate the image for any ear shape. This is what we end up doing with user submitted artwork by the way. Half the battle of making it look good is to know how and where to place the features in relationship with the final ear shape.

Yup, I figured. 
smile.gif
  I've actually got the full file (with layers isolated) so that Leon can tweak it however he sees fit.

I love the textures that Warren is using in his designs as well.

Thanks dude! 
smile.gif

Anyone feel like voting yet or should we go for a few more submissions?

I think we should definitely wait some more.  I'm not sure enough people are aware of the contest yet... hence the low number of entries so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back