Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Mar 9, 2013 at 5:37 AM Post #856 of 3,325
Kova mate, NO, i just love you LMAO .... seriously i enjoy reading your honest opinions you share here.... anyway, Sir, i am guilty as sin so please forgive me  
biggrin.gif

perhaps i misunderstood your post on se215 :frowning2:

as regards opinions i also base mine on things i have, among which se215 still collecting dust... se425 were tested before i went for EB50 too because music equipment shop where i am a client also stocks up on Shure and always keen to give me good price. so at least i know first hand how both sound. as regards sonic characteristics of Shure IEMs if you listen to them all you would get pretty same understanding.

and to avoid cheap talk here is the link to the shop i am a client of: http://www.klangfarbe.com/
under Katalog left hand please click on Tonanlagen and then go to Kopfhörer, in that line you click on Kopfhörer InEar and see all shure IEMs i tested :)))))))

PS: this is a shop selling all kinds of professional music equipment for stage and discos :)))

Mar 9, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #857 of 3,325
Quote:
Kova mate, NO, i just love you LMAO .... seriously i enjoy reading your honest opinions you share here.... anyway, Sir, i am guilty as sin so please forgive me  
biggrin.gif

Umhhh..... thank you! LOL 
size]
  Maybe I should have quoted someone else's opinion to give mine more credibility LOL Like the ClieOS' one on the SBA-03 as the a161p is exactly the same iem but rebranded by meelec "Classic Shure sound that is warm and mid centric with a good vocal performance...When compared to other IEM that shares a classic Shure’s sound, like Philips SHE9850, the difference for SBA-03 is the grander / lusher (*while not over-the-top) of the overall presentation. While it is still not quite as good as Shure’s own SE530, SBA-03 is certainly giving it a good run for its money. To get a conventional single BA sounding this close to a flagship triple drivers in the old days itself is already an accomplishment on its own, certainly worthy to be called the second flagship of FA’s current line-up."

Mar 9, 2013 at 5:59 AM Post #858 of 3,325
Kova, LOL... i did not read others opinions about Shure IEMs because i had a chance to try them all myself :-D

as regards sound signature i can attest that Shure are indeed magical for vocals and they are also used by singers in stage performance ... if you know what i mean.

Mar 9, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #859 of 3,325
Quote:
Kova, LOL... i did not read others opinions about Shure IEMs because i had a chance to try them all myself :-D

as regards sound signature i can attest that Shure are indeed magical for vocals and they are also used by singers in stage performance ... if you know what i mean.

Yeah, I've tried them too but I've also heard the a161p and particularly with the C3 and that's why I suggested it. Btw, I was so drunk last night that I forgot to stop the BH and it's been running 25 hours straight now without any break and I charged it Monday, so it should be running at around 60 hours without recharging now

Mar 9, 2013 at 6:10 AM Post #860 of 3,325
Kova, i think people here are uninterested in how cool you or me are, ok?
i do not dispute your findings because everyone has own ears and opinions and i respect others right to have an opinion.
i never heard a161p and so could not care less.

yes, BH is perpetuum mobile battery wise :))))))

heavy drinking can hardly count as an achievement, besides damages your health.

Mar 9, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #861 of 3,325
LOL I never mentioned that drinking a lot is a great achievement - I just mentioned it in regard to the BH's battery and my last night's post here. Smoking and drinking is bad for your health... M'kay! I can't believe in how good shape I was 10 years ago and in what physical state am I now due to bad habits. I was thinking of getting back in shape but I should probably make a Two Steps from Hell compilation and load it on my C3. Thus when I start running and die after 500 meters at least it will sound like a heroic death. As far as coolness goes - I'm very cool but not because of my great drinking achievements - they gave me bragging rights and made me cool only in high school.

Mar 9, 2013 at 6:44 AM Post #862 of 3,325
Kova, you are not alone, my GYM membership card still looks angrily at me after not being used for last 10 months 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 9, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #863 of 3,325
Quote:
biggrin.gif

as regards opinions i also base mine on things i have, among which se215 still collecting dust... se425 were tested before i went for EB50 too because music equipment shop where i am a client also stocks up on Shure and always keen to give me good price. so at least i know first hand how both sound. as regards sonic characteristics of Shure IEMs if you listen to them all you would get pretty same understanding.

and to avoid cheap talk here is the link to the shop i am a client of: http://www.klangfarbe.com/
under Katalog left hand please click on Tonanlagen and then go to Kopfhörer, in that line you click on Kopfhörer InEar and see all shure IEMs i tested :)))))))

PS: this is a shop selling all kinds of professional music equipment for stage and discos :)))

LOL would be awesome if they had an english version Gint! :wink:

I was going to go with Shure but went with Heir 4Ai's instead. SoundEarphones will let you A/B two sets of IEM's and then send the one you don't want back for no restocking fee. Definitely worth checking out. I just picked up a pair of UE900's to play with and will be selling them soon.

The converting to WAV's worked like a charm fella's! Good call. However...and this too is weird...I did a test conversion from a 24bit FLAC to a 24bit WAV...and the C3 still couldn't play it. I then went and took the same file, went to 16bit WAV and it worked perfectly. 

WEIRD!!

Mar 9, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #864 of 3,325
ice, C3 cannot handle 24bit, 16bit is max :frowning2:

mind this most of my collection is 16bit since its very hard to find proprietary 24bit while many music in 24bit is simply upsampled from 16bit  or ripped from normal CDs. true master copy records are more limited in supply and many involve mostly jazz and classics, a bit of rock and pop too but not overly and i miss many records in their catalogues too. still must copy 4 giga Linn library from my friend.

Mar 9, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #865 of 3,325
My 24/96 FLAC's I convert to a singe 24/48 WAV with a Cue file because I don't like the little noise at the end of each individual WAV file. This format also gives you Gapless playback if you have an album that uses it. Other than that I just convert them to 16/44.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Mar 9, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #866 of 3,325
ice, C3 cannot handle 24bit, 16bit is max :frowning2:

Actually C3 should be able to handle 24bit WAV files, not FLAC which is limited to 16bit.

WAV:32-48KHz 8-24bit
FLAC:32-48KHz 16bit
APE:32-48KHz 16bit
MP3:8-320Kbps
WMA:8-448Kbps

Mar 9, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #868 of 3,325
right Kova, sorry i use only FLAC and so forgot about 24bit WAV :frowning2:

Mar 9, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #869 of 3,325
I found out this morning a mates sister has the SE425s and a J2, so i'm heading up there on wednesday with my SE215s. I know the J2 will sound completely different than the C3 and even the S9, but will give me a chance to compare the 2 IEMs. If I can tweak the J2 to sound close to how I remember the S9 sounding, I may be able to see (hear) if im happy with the SE425s. I hope so as I like everything about the 425s (sq pending).

KOVA, thanks for the link to ljokers post, interesting reading, but will leave me somewhat confused what IEMs to buy if im not happy with the 425s.

Mar 12, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #870 of 3,325
Guys I have a question for the ones who have/had C3.

I found a french website selling C3 for a relatively nice price. They say interface is in French. I am willing to buy it but I don't know French. Can it be changed? Is there any settings about language?

Sorry, maybe this question has already an answer but I honestly couldn't read 58 pages 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back