Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Sep 10, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #3,316 of 3,325
Is it possible to manage an a sd card in the colorfly c3 through a PC? Basically none of my PCs have an SD card reader, however the SD card I do own does work in the C3. Is there a way to use the C3 with the card in it to transfer music to it?
Yes, just plug the C3 in with a USB data cable and both drives (internal & uSD) should show up in file explorer. It's very slow transferring data to the uSD through the C3 so you might want to pick up a basic USB card reader from Amazon etc.

Drive Sort is a great program for organizing the files on the C3, otherwise they show up in whatever order they were copied and not necessarily in album track order.

Sep 11, 2020 at 5:09 AM Post #3,317 of 3,325
Is it possible to manage an a sd card in the colorfly c3 through a PC? Basically none of my PCs have an SD card reader, however the SD card I do own does work in the C3. Is there a way to use the C3 with the card in it to transfer music to it?
Actually it's the only way around...
Just plug C3 with the SD card in it to your pc and find C3 device there
Then open C3 folder and copy/paste (or drug and drop) the files you want from your pc to C3
If your SD card isn't a new one you ll have to format it before using it (delete all previous content that is).
Any problem occurs feel free to ask..

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #3,318 of 3,325
Hi there,
I tried my new IMR R2 Atens with C3 and was amazed by the sound. I could use it but the interface is terrible. Now I am trying to find C200. Is it worth trying?
Does anybody know where C200 is on sale?

Jan 30, 2021 at 6:51 AM Post #3,319 of 3,325
I never heard my c3 over an separated amp, just love the sound signature of the c3. The output is pretty strong and working the most of my 150 ohm headphones. Is there any amp out there thats able to keep the sound signature of the colorfly, just make it stronger to run a 600 ohm can ?

Jan 30, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #3,320 of 3,325
I think the first time I posted this setup here someone came back and let me know because of the C3 output they were a bad match however I've never heard that and have had this combo together for at least 5 years now!

Colorful.JPG

C3/Topping NX1s and Hungry Panda (R.I.P.)Sony Buds :wink:

Jan 30, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #3,322 of 3,325
I never heard my c3 over an separated amp, just love the sound signature of the c3. The output is pretty strong and working the most of my 150 ohm headphones. Is there any amp out there thats able to keep the sound signature of the colorfly, just make it stronger to run a 600 ohm can ?
At 16mW of output, the C3 barely drives my very efficient (32Ω/103dB) Meze 99 Classics. It would all depend on how you classify driven well for anything higher ohm. With most headphones I pair the C3 with a FiiO E11K (A3) or the FiiO E12 when I want to run my planars (T50RP MK2) with it.

Meze 99C & Colorfly C3.jpg

E11K portable setup for headphones that require more power. I no longer have the HM9 headphones.
10094105.jpg

Stacked, the short extension is there as FiiO decided that the bottom of the unit would be the best place for the headphone output...
10094106.jpg

There are not a lot of portable amps that drive 600Ω headphones well, high impedance headphones run the best on OTL tube amps but that's not very portable. :wink:

You might want to look into the xDuoo XD-05 Plus. There are amps higher up the chain like the iFi nano iDSD Black Label or the LessFox BX-2 Plus.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back