Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Mar 27, 2018 at 7:24 AM Post #3,286 of 3,325
What I believe that causes headphone to improve within burn-in, is that driver element isn't as supple as it should be when it's manufactured, and playing sounds make driver foil move and it slowly becomes more supple, and hence foil movement becomes more effortless which causes fine details and soundstage production open up. Though that's just my logical speculation, I don't know if there's any truth to it.

With electronics, I believe that capasitors are the ones which alter the most with usage, as they're ones that always eventually will fail too. I don't believe that resistors alter much at all, but about ic chips I'm not sure, I'm no expert.

Just my two cents :)

Mar 27, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #3,288 of 3,325
That's exactly what I think too, ilmo. There's a big capacitor on the output of each channel of the C3. Whatever it might be, there's something in there burnng in. :)
Yes, two 220uf 4v caps. I've actually seen a mod of C3 in some chinese forum, where those two caps were replaced with larger capacity caps. What I could get out of google translate, that mod maybe helps with bass.

Mar 30, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #3,290 of 3,325
For those who bought the colorfly c3 from the TomTop link, could you please tell me whether the item you received was brand new or used?
Was unlucky during the first order (stolen colorfly c3) but I ordered one anew only to find out upon reception clear and visible scratches all over the body, obvious signs of usage in the past.
I hope I'm the only one who received a used one, but I'm curious to see if that's really the case or not.

Edit : I thought at first there was a pre applied protection film, but it couldn't find any. Someone told me he had the same thing, but there was indeed a protection film that's perfectly fit. So yeah, my apologies, the item is brand new.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #3,292 of 3,325
Does the C3 have a line out or is it acceptable to double amp?

Apr 5, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #3,293 of 3,325
No it doesn't have line-out, but headphone out is quite clean when in max volume and it's pretty good for double amping. Here is (or were) a lot of C3 users who stacked C3 with NX1 or similiar small headphone amp, with appereantly great results.

Apr 5, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #3,294 of 3,325

No it doesn't have line-out, but headphone out is quite clean when in max volume and it's pretty good for double amping. Here is (or were) a lot of C3 users who stacked C3 with NX1 or similiar small headphone amp, with appereantly great results.

+1

I would even go as far as to say that its advisable to run the C3 with another amp. When I had mine I used it with a B&H amp and it was a good combo! Something like a Topping NX1s or a FiiO Q1ii would work too.

Apr 5, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #3,295 of 3,325
Thanks for the replies

I'm considering the C3 as possible partner for my old Graham Slee Voyager amp to power my HD600s mainly. Although I have come across a post (#22) on this thread that suggests that the C3 alone sounds better than via the Voyager with HD650?!? If that is the case it must be very good indeed

Either way at the current prices (around £50) I think the Colorfly might be worth a punt

Apr 5, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #3,296 of 3,325
I run the C3 with a FiiO E11K (A3) and it's a great little setup, fits perfectly in a Pelican 1010 case or Lowepro Rezo 30.

C3 E11K Loadout.jpg

E11K Cables End.jpg

E11K C3 1010 Case Open.jpg

E11K C3 Rezo 30 Closed.jpg

Jan 25, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #3,297 of 3,325
Hello everybody,
Today my C3 turned off. I thought the battery was dead. I recharged it but the player does not turn on. The player was revived with a Reset button. But now it kinda shows it's locked. How can I unlock it?

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2019 at 12:54 AM Post #3,298 of 3,325
Hello everybody,
Today my C3 turned off. I thought the battery was dead. I recharged it but the player does not turn on. The player was revived with a Reset button. But now it kinda shows it's locked. How can I unlock it?
Tap the three buttons across the middle as shown on the screen in sequence.

Jan 26, 2019 at 1:09 AM Post #3,299 of 3,325
I run the C3 with a FiiO E11K (A3) and it's a great little setup, fits perfectly in a Pelican 1010 case or Lowepro Rezo 30.

Missed your post before, but that's an awesome rig. Nice job!

I used to listen to the C3 + C&C BH combo and absolutely loved the sound. I then started using my C&C BH amp for desktop purposes, but it's now been retired for that purpose, so maybe time to rock that combo again!

Thanks for the inspiration, and the trip down memory lane :)

Jan 26, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #3,300 of 3,325

Users who are viewing this thread

Back