Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Mar 8, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #841 of 3,325
Quote:
Hey guys, I am having a problem with the C3. I'm using a Sandisk Ultra 32GB micro SD  HC1 to store my music. The C3 will not play any of my FLAC files at all. I can store them on the card, put them into a reader and play them on the PC no problem...but when inserted into the C3...all I get is loud static for every single song. If I convert down to 320 mp3...they play fine. I'm at a loss here...could someone shed any light onto this?

What is the sample rate and are you sure they're all 16-bit

Mar 8, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #842 of 3,325
Quote:
Hey guys, I am having a problem with the C3. I'm using a Sandisk Ultra 32GB micro SD  HC1 to store my music. The C3 will not play any of my FLAC files at all. I can store them on the card, put them into a reader and play them on the PC no problem...but when inserted into the C3...all I get is loud static for every single song. If I convert down to 320 mp3...they play fine. I'm at a loss here...could someone shed any light onto this?

I had this issue when I was loading FLAC files on to the same card using Windows running in VirtualBox under Linux (I didn't try any other formats) but the same files played perfectly once I transferred them using a native version of Windows.  Are you doing anything like this?  I'd love to say I solved the problem, but I didn't.

Mar 8, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #843 of 3,325
That's the problem there. They're all 24-bit. Any idea's on what to use to downsample/convert them? 

Mar 8, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #844 of 3,325
You can convert them to wav ( WAVE format) or just use whatever converting software you prefer to get them to 16-bit
edit: and to be clear the sample rate should also be up to 48khz and not more. Otherwise flac should be 16-bit while the C3 supports 24-bit wav files

Mar 8, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #845 of 3,325
Ahh ok, I can just convert them to WAV at 24-bit and they'll play?

Mar 8, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #847 of 3,325
That's the problem there. They're all 24-bit. Any idea's on what to use to downsample/convert them? 

Try LameXP, it's what I use to convert my files.

Mar 8, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #848 of 3,325
Are they 16 bit?  If not, no go.  Reconvert a few, or rip a new disc, being careful to get a 16 bit outcome.  WAV can be higher bit, FLAC can't.

edit- hah!  Should have turned the page before answering.  
confused_face_2.gif

Mar 8, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #849 of 3,325
Quote:
We're achieving good results with C&C BH and Colorfly C3 atm.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review

Could anyone point in in the direction of C&C Studio Lab's website, i've gone through google and can't seem to locate their site. I have read that the C3 benefits from being amped, with a better sound stage and slightly clearer sound. I am no way a audiophile, just want the best sq that i can afford.

Next question, . Since the death of my S9 recently and from the number of positive reviews on this site, I  have ordered the colorfly C3. I am also going to update my IEMs. Was looking at the Shure SE425s as they sound good (from reviews) for what i listen to and would be a replacement for my  Shrue SE215s. It doesn't appear that many people on here use Shrue IEMs, is there alternatives that I should also have a look at for around the same price? I used to use the S9 with a flat eq setting and keep my music to flac as much as possible.

Awesome forum here and I have learned lots from the many excellent post.

Cheers all.

Mar 8, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #850 of 3,325
Quote:
Could anyone point in in the direction of C&C Studio Lab's website, i've gone through google and can't seem to locate their site. I have read that the C3 benefits from being amped, with a better sound stage and slightly clearer sound. I am no way a audiophile, just want the best sq that i can afford.

Next question, . Since the death of my S9 recently and from the number of positive reviews on this site, I  have ordered the colorfly C3. I am also going to update my IEMs. Was looking at the Shure SE425s as they sound good (from reviews) for what i listen to and would be a replacement for my  Shrue SE215s. It doesn't appear that many people on here use Shrue IEMs, is there alternatives that I should also have a look at for around the same price? I used to use the S9 with a flat eq setting and keep my music to flac as much as possible.

Cheers all.

You might go with the meelec a161p. It carries some of the shure house sound and is better than the se215. It also doesn't need an amp with the C3 at all. 

Mar 8, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #851 of 3,325
Sorry Shure for the incorrect spelling.
Thanks kova4a i shall look into those. The description on their web site sounds good. ( but no manufacturer says their products are crap) Time for more reviewing.

Mar 8, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #852 of 3,325
Quote:
Sorry Shure for the incorrect spelling.
Thanks kova4a i shall look into those. The description on their web site sounds good. ( but no manufacturer says their products are crap) Time for more reviewing.

Well, you can check joker's thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-273-iems-compared-vsonic-vc02-added-02-24-13-p-641 The se215 is under 2C41 and the meelec is under 2B10. I mostly agree with joker's reviews, so the thread is a good source to look for new iems

Mar 9, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #853 of 3,325

Cheers all.

It's hard to pick any one IEM for you or give a selection because we all have different tastes and preferences. Best you create a thread in the IEM section, but be weary of members trying to push their own FOTM on you. Honestly, sometimes it take several purchases to find something suitable, if you can find something straight away kudos to you. ALso ask ijokerl in his review thread and see what he says, tell him what kind of sound you're looking for. He is very knowledgable with much more expereince than myself.

I don't know where to find C&C, we've tried to track them down with no luck so far on the English internet.

I've had an S9 if you were using it flat the Colorfly will be a sure step up and keep pumping those flac files.

My C3 has gone on vacation to USA for a loan period, I miss it already.

Mar 9, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #854 of 3,325
Kova, Shure425 !!! not 215se. check Eospro post.

425 are surely a better IEM than 215 and they also cost twice as much. again they are entirely different because 215 is dynamic driver and 425 is dual BA. :)

also IF someone loves truly Shure sound signature THEN apparently neutral sounding IEMs might disappoint. Shure is pretty colored, very sweet midrange and bassy...

Mar 9, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #855 of 3,325
Quote:
Kova, Shure425 !!! not 215se. check Eospro post.

425 are surely a better IEM than 215 and they also cost twice as much. again they are entirely different because 215 is dynamic driver and 425 is dual BA. :)

also IF someone loves truly Shure sound signature THEN apparently neutral sounding IEMs might disappoint. Shure is pretty colored, very sweet midrange and bassy...

I'm starting to think you have some sort of grudge against me LOL. Admittedly I was pretty drunk when I wrote my comment but it's still true. He wants a replacement for his se215 and I just gave him the link for comparison as I wasn't in physical condition to do so. Seriously, why do you even talk about sweet midrange, colored sound and neutrality. I suggested the a161p coz its a good upgrade to the se215 IMO and sound-wise somewhat of a middle ground between it and the overpriced higher-end shure models. It's mid-centric and has pretty much some of the best bass I've heard in a single BA (and now don't start on the number of drivers coz more doesn't mean way better, especially in the shure's case). Sorry but I have actually heard the iems I'm talking about and not just basing my opinion on reviews from other users here. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back