Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
May 12, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #1,232 of 3,325
Quote:
Do you know of a sorter that will work with a g5 PPc running 10.5.8?

You should be able to compile FATSort from the source code as 10.5 is listed in the Makefile.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/fatsort/files/

You will also have to have Xcode 3.14 installed off your OSX DVD
If you have no DVD the you can get it from the ADC.

Quote: Elsewhere from the Interwebs
biggrin.gif
  • Go to the Apple Developer Connection site.
  • If you do not have an ADC membership, click the Register button.
  • Login to ADC with your Apple ID and password.
  • Click the Downloads link.
  • Click the Developer Tools link on the right side of the page.

Unless you have compiled software before, it would probably be easier to do the folder move to the ZZZZ and back again.
I don't have any PPC  class machines anymore, my old Sawtooth Box hit the road a few years back otherwise I would compile you a copy.
beerchug.gif

May 13, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #1,236 of 3,325
C3 owners, you must check new H200 earphones from T-Peos. I spinned quite a few records on C3 using H200 and my conclusion was this is damn amazing, call it marriage in heaven. I even did not bother about BH or another amp so good C3+H200 combo was. A real no-brainer and the best audiophile combo on the budget, impossible to beat. Better than TF10 and and many others, H200 on C3 beats my TF10 and EB50 by a long mile. Of course there are still excellent RDB+ but they will be less forgiving while H200 eats anything gladly. H200 was made for C3 :-D

May 13, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #1,238 of 3,325
re above post,  my parcel was marked as a gift, and total value GBP 15- and took 7 days to arrive.  but do your own research on this item and seller and ask them questions, they responded to my email when i contacted them
regards

May 13, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #1,239 of 3,325
It's pretty simple, if you want to buy Colorfly C3 purchase through bigbargainonline, that's one seller Head-Fi members have been using since it's release, most report arrival from them in 10 days. it's also who I purchased my Colorfly CK4+ from, there's not need to be taking gambles with dud sellers or hoax acts. To our understanding there aren't any fake C3's circulating we've seen yet, but there's been a few occasions you find hoax sellers like linked a few posts above.

bigbargainonline has been proven safe time and time again.

May 13, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #1,240 of 3,325
+10 for bigbargainonline great seller.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

May 14, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #1,242 of 3,325
I have a question regarding my C3.  I have all Flac files and it is sorted by artist.  Is there a way to get it to shuffle all artist?  Also when I choose an album to play, it will play like 2 songs and then stop.  Is there a simple fix for this?

May 14, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #1,243 of 3,325
The biggest issue with me with a DAP is that I need it to be relatively painless to get my music on there and sort through it to play it. Is that an issue with the C3? I have no real experience in portable gear at this point. I just want something that's painless and near this price point.

Are there any 64GB cards that work with the C3? I really only know of this one: http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-MicroSDXC-Memory-Adapter-SDSDQU-064G-AFFP-A/dp/B009QZH6JS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368583532&sr=8-1&keywords=64gb+microsd will that work?

Also glad to hear that eBay seller is the way to go, as its the first result on Google.

May 14, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #1,245 of 3,325
I have a question regarding my C3.  I have all Flac files and it is sorted by artist.  Is there a way to get it to shuffle all artist?  Also when I choose an album to play, it will play like 2 songs and then stop.  Is there a simple fix for this?

You can only shuffle files within x1 folder (you cannot shuffle folders) in the menu and repeat options try changing it to "All"

The biggest issue with me with a DAP is that I need it to be relatively painless to get my music on there and sort through it to play it. Is that an issue with the C3? I have no real experience in portable gear at this point. I just want something that's painless and near this price point.

Are there any 64GB cards that work with the C3? I really only know of this one: http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-MicroSDXC-Memory-Adapter-SDSDQU-064G-AFFP-A/dp/B009QZH6JS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368583532&sr=8-1&keywords=64gb+microsd
ir

will that work?

Also glad to hear that eBay seller is the way to go, as its the first result on Google.

I think one should be aware C3 is very simple when it comes to organizing / selecting music. You turn it on simply greeted with two options 'Internal' and 'TF' you select one which takes you into folders on the player. When viewing these folders the screen is limited to but two lines only, (you can only see two folders at a time) which you can scroll through at speed. I will say for some reason C3's firmware sometimes makes long folder titles scroll backwards so you read the end first, instead of scrolling left to right it goes right to left, that is my main complaint with the player. However, if you back out to the first two options I mentioned above (internal / TF) and renter (which is simply two clicks away) they will scroll the correct way. It sounds complicated but really it's not. Putting music on C3 is very simple, drag & drop technic however if you're transferring to microsd card use a card reader, it's much faster.

As you can see, many people own the player and many of us dislike the UI especially at first, but really it's all about the sound and most overlook any flaws because the little thing just punches well above any iPod or Cowon player when sound quality is concerned. I even preferred C3 over HM-601. There's simply not much than go wrong with C3 because there's not much there in regards to UI in the first place.

Does the C3 have balance control (left/right volume)?

Sent from my RAZR i using the Tapatalk 2

No.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back