Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
May 7, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #1,201 of 3,325
Best screen protectors I have ever used are the silicone based ones from Screenpatronus ( ebay ) Last forever and very high quality, custom cut to your device size.  Have the same one on the Cowon D2 for years now.

Popping in here to mention I used this C3 to feed all the music to a very personal Appreciation of Life/Wake event recently.  Made sure to give it a full charge. It lasted for the 7-8 hours, continously playing, flawlessly.  I did keep a small pin tucked into one of the rubber bands that held them together just in case even though that is rarely needed.

C3 fed through the C&C BH amp I could not have asked for a better combination.
This was the source I fed to a PA board with two tripod speakers in a smaller backyard setting with around 100 people . I chose this due to wanting the absolute best sound ( music was a big part of their life ) and there was no room for any screwups.
Quickly and easily navigated to tracks in a special folder that needed cueing quickly at precise times, the rest of the music was randomized with the REPEAT ALL from files in another folder. ( so for those of you who are worried about the interface it is really a cinch, even under pressure when you can't think straight
redface.gif
)

One thing to mention about this combination was the clarity and quality of the sound even when fed through PA speakers.
It helped make the day perfect. It had to be. Which is why I chose this player over anything else I could have used for a source.

May 7, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #1,202 of 3,325
Quote:
Best screen protectors I have ever used are the silicone based ones from Screenpatronus ( ebay ) Last forever and very high quality, custom cut to your device size.  Have the same one on the Cowon D2 for years now.

Popping in here to mention I used this C3 to feed all the music to a very personal Appreciation of Life/Wake event recently.  Made sure to give it a full charge. It lasted for the 7-8 hours, continously playing, flawlessly.  I did keep a small pin tucked into one of the rubber bands that held them together just in case even though that is rarely needed.

C3 fed through the C&C BH amp I could not have asked for a better combination.
This was the source I fed to a PA board with two tripod speakers in a smaller backyard setting with around 100 people . I chose this due to wanting the absolute best sound ( music was a big part of their life ) and there was no room for any screwups.
Quickly and easily navigated to tracks in a special folder that needed cueing quickly at precise times, the rest of the music was randomized with the REPEAT ALL from files in another folder. ( so for those of you who are worried about the interface it is really a cinch, even under pressure when you can't think straight
redface.gif
)

One thing to mention about this combination was the clarity and quality of the sound even when fed through PA speakers.
It helped make the day perfect. It had to be. Which is why I chose this player over anything else I could have used for a source.

Very cool Nick.  Thanks for posting.

May 7, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #1,204 of 3,325
Quote:
does anyone know if the manufacturer has any plans to add/support Replay Gain in a future firmware version?

May 7, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #1,206 of 3,325
May 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #1,207 of 3,325
Just friended Mary from Colorfly on FB, sent along our requests for a firmware update and she said she would pass it along to the engineers. Fingers crossed we see one in the near future... Damn I forgot to ask for Replay Gain... LOL just a little chain yank there. :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

May 8, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #1,208 of 3,325
Running the JVC HA-S500's direct off the C3, do they ever sound good! Friends on Mushrooms Vol 1. with +Bass EQ... Very sweet! Volume is only at 25/40 too, I am impressed. Is there nothing these S500's can't do?

May 8, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #1,209 of 3,325
Quote:
Running the JVC HA-S500's direct off the C3, do they ever sound good! Friends on Mushrooms Vol 1. with +Bass EQ... Very sweet! Volume is only at 25/40 too, I am impressed. Is there nothing these S500's can't do?

Heya, 

It's amazing how efficient they are. I don't bother using an amp with them.....it doesn't add anything to the equation! Every player I own makes good sound with them.

Very best, 

May 9, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #1,210 of 3,325
Quote:

LOL It seems I'm the only who has faulty ears as I usually listen to the c3+s500 combo on 39/40. And that volume is not even close to what I push to the s500 on my pc and especially when I use them as speakers. As far as eq on the c3 honestly the only eq options I can tolerate are normal and classic which is a bit more balanced but the sounds loses its liveliness, so I only use it with aggressive headphones or ones that are peaky in the upper mids. An amp can add a touch of control and air to the s500 but overall the s500 is getting along with pretty much everything including a plain unamped c3.

May 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #1,211 of 3,325
Quote:
LOL It seems I'm the only who has faulty ears as I usually listen to the c3+s500 combo on 39/40. And that volume is not even close to what I push to the s500 on my pc and especially when I use them as speakers. As far as eq on the c3 honestly the only eq options I can tolerate are normal and classic which is a bit more balanced but the sounds loses its liveliness, so I only use it with aggressive headphones or ones that are peaky in the upper mids. An amp can add a touch of control and air to the s500 but overall the s500 is getting along with pretty much everything including a plain unamped c3.

eek.gif
 39/40 
eek.gif
 I'd be deaf within minutes...

Yeah normally I run with +Normal as well but since it was Infected Mushroom tracks I had to pump up the +Bass.

May 9, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #1,212 of 3,325
Quote:
eek.gif
 39/40 
eek.gif
 I'd be deaf within minutes...

Yeah normally I run with +Normal as well but since it was Infected Mushroom tracks I had to pump up the +Bass.

biggrin.gif
 Nah, it's fine or I would have gone deaf years ago. It's not like I'm walking around saying "what?" and asking people to repeat themselves. I hear fine whispering and pretty much everything else - I just like my music to be at certain volume and honestly that will be around 35-39 for the s500 unless I'm listening to something awesome and then I just add an amp to that combo to pump the volume even more like I'm at a concert

May 9, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #1,213 of 3,325
Kova mate, you really like it loud? You must once visit the concerts of Scooter :-D

May 9, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #1,214 of 3,325
H. P. Baxxter! "The chase is better than the catch", "Tie your Shoes!", "I am the Horseman"

The Question Is What Is The Question
How much is the Fish
Move You Ass!
Jiga Jiga
Maria (I Like it Loud!)
One (Always Hardcore)

Jealousy will get you no where I'm HD!

Excellent stuff I've got the whole collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back