Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
May 15, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #1,261 of 3,325
THX MATES :)
will check the update, C3 touchpad is really irky sometimes and is slow, hopefully updating will make me happier here
beerchug.gif

May 15, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #1,262 of 3,325
Quote:
Updated!

Things I noticed: UI remains the same, just as jokerface stated, the sensitivity has been improved. Other than that, have yet to notice anything else.

One thing though, the infamous "Interal Flash" typo has yet to been fixed, but that is of no importance, unless you're a grammar nazi. 

Haha. Guess what? I just realized the typo :p 
Apparently, they are still working on the backward title scrolling problem so we should expect a new update again.
Oh, and with the older version, I used to have an occasional "freeze" that made me press the home button in order for it to go away, but now I'm not having this problem. 

May 15, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #1,263 of 3,325
Quote:
Haha. Guess what? I just realized the typo :p 
Apparently, they are still working on the backward title scrolling problem so we should expect a new update again.
Oh, and with the older version, I used to have an occasional "freeze" that made me press the home button in order for it to go away, but now I'm not having this problem. 

The more update, the merrier!

If only that backwards scrolling would not have millisecond stopping intervals, it'd be all that better:) 

I think the C3 could have more UI potential with a few touch ups here and there. Only time will tell now.

May 15, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #1,264 of 3,325
Great to see them working on it, I've had a few messages back and forth with Mary in my FB.
She requested from me some examples of the FLAC + Cue problem so I made a package up for their engineers to look at.

I've requested ALAC + AAC support if possible.
And to get rid of the whole EQ area and give us a Bass / Treble control that defaults to 0dB with a -10 to +10 range, similar to the E17's B&T controls except not double stepped.

That would be much more useful than the EQ...

If they fix the:
Backward Scrolling.
Noise at the end of the WAV files.
FLAC + Cue timing issue.

and add:
Bass & Treble control in lieu of the EQ
Support for ALAC & AAC

This would be one of the most amazing little players out there, a true "Best in Class" for sure.
beerchug.gif

May 15, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #1,266 of 3,325
Anyone with a Mac get the update ISO to open?  "Cause I sure can't get it to.

DiscImageMounter doesn't work (built-in).
DiscUtilities won't mount it.
Toast mounted it as a music file

All three tell me it is an unrecognized file.

The download goes ok, the unrar goes ok.

The ISO does not.  I know there are some Windows compilers that will not let an ISO work on a Mac, my assumption is that this is one of them.. 

May 15, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #1,267 of 3,325
The ISO does not open... :rolleyes: As the PDF states, copy the ISO to the root of the internal memory and reboot the C3. Then follow the onscreen prompts till system reset comes up on the screen and reset with a pin.
:D :D :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

May 15, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #1,269 of 3,325
So that's it?

Some members can't detect anything different, one members says "sensitivity has been improved"

No correction of backwards scrolling folders, no alphabetical order sorting < (that's really bad), popping noise between tracks still present. No extra features like a simple resume, or auto shutdown, just a random guess "sensitivity has been improved"

Get back to me when they decide to address some real problems and add something worth while, they've had all the time in the world to do this and it appears they simply don't give a damn about the major issues. We've been waiting absolute months for an update on this player and it's an insult to me, they have done merely nothing.

May 15, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #1,270 of 3,325
I have asked Mary for a list of "Fixes" that this addresses, but have not heard back yet.

May 15, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #1,271 of 3,325
I just hope they fix some issues that hover over the player. It's a great player otherwise, the sounds fine, the build.

Just whack that guy on the head with a hammer who designed the UI.

May 15, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #1,273 of 3,325
By the order that the files and directories are copied to the device.

I just love the simplicity of it.
biggrin.gif

May 15, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #1,274 of 3,325

To alphabetically sort your files on the C3:

You can copy to the C3 by just using drag and drop.
What I do is create a folder on my computer with copies of all the songs I am going to put on the C3 sorted like you have there.
Then I put the µSD card in my card reader and copy the contents of that folder to the memory card. Which is a lot faster that sends them through the C3.
Then to make sure everything is in alphabetical order I run this program on the memory cards contents. http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort/
Pop the card back into the C3 and you are good to go.
If you ever drag new music to the card, just run the Drive Sort program again to put it all back in alphabetical order. The C3 reads the card in the order items were added, that is why the sort program has to be run if you want an alphabetical order. You can also create a directory the C3's root called ZZZZ for example, drag all the folders in the root directory to the ZZZZ folder, then drag them back out to the root directory again, this will sort them as well.

If you are on OSX (Intel Only) then the ZZZZ folder method works or there is a CLI utility called FATSort  http://atariage.com/forums/topic/196628-fatsort-for-bsd-linux-mac-os-x-and-unix/
beerchug.gif

May 17, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #1,275 of 3,325
I'm new to head-fi and I thank you all for the very good info I've found here.  I've had my C-3 for about a week and I'm loving it very much through my 7506s. I'm still unable to get her to play more than two songs in a row, despite much futzing with the repeat settings.  I occasionally get the between song "pop", but that doesn't bother me so much.  Any advice on how to get my new baby to play straight through?

thanks,

Eddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back