Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
May 17, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #1,276 of 3,325
I'm new to head-fi and I thank you all for the very good info I've found here.  I've had my C-3 for about a week and I'm loving it very much through my 7506s. I'm still unable to get her to play more than two songs in a row, despite much futzing with the repeat settings.  I occasionally get the between song "pop", but that doesn't bother me so much.  Any advice on how to get my new baby to play straight through?

thanks,

Eddy

I have my repeat setting on "All" and everything works fine here. Plays each file in a folder once.

May 18, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #1,281 of 3,325
Thinking of picking one of these up over summer purely for fun. Right now I'm running an iPod which I adore for simplicity and space. 

Where would be the safest/most used place to pick one up?

Found a good 64gb card, presume it can be used?

What are the biggest problems I should expect to encounter? 

Thanks! 

May 18, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #1,282 of 3,325
Thinking of picking one of these up over summer purely for fun. Right now I'm running an iPod which I adore for simplicity and space. 

Thanks! 

Most members purchase through bigbargainonline.

Yes, your 64GB card will work (formatted to FAT32)

Backwards scrolling folder titles, (at random)
Very slight popping noise between tracks (imagine a record needle hitting a spec of dust)
Slight learning curve with folder sorting / adding (still drag & drop)
Dealing with the UI designed by a zoo monkey. (but very usuable)

May 19, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #1,283 of 3,325
Quote:

Thanks! 

H2O hit most of the really annoying things about the C3, but once you learn how to cope with those annoyances it isn't too difficult.  Certainly the best bargain out there if you are looking for a good sounding player.

Regards.

May 19, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #1,284 of 3,325
These problems seem bearable, won't be ordering till sometime during summer but will keep you updated! Probably going to need new IEMs to get the best out of this, that'll be the first priority! Thanks for the help!

May 19, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #1,285 of 3,325
Great to see them working on it, I've had a few messages back and forth with Mary in my FB.
She requested from me some examples of the FLAC + Cue problem so I made a package up for their engineers to look at.

I've requested ALAC + AAC support if possible.
And to get rid of the whole EQ area and give us a Bass / Treble control that defaults to 0dB with a -10 to +10 range, similar to the E17's B&T controls except not double stepped.

That would be much more useful than the EQ...

If they fix the:
Backward Scrolling.
Noise at the end of the WAV files.
FLAC + Cue timing issue.

and add:
Bass & Treble control in lieu of the EQ
Support for ALAC & AAC

This would be one of the most amazing little players out there, a true "Best in Class" for sure.
:beerchug:

Is Color fly working for the firmware update in C3 that allow this device to play Apple Lossless and APE file?

May 19, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #1,286 of 3,325
Is Color fly working for the firmware update in C3 that allow this device to play Apple Lossless and APE file?

If that's what you want, I'd suggest contacting them and letting them know first hand:)

that way, things should get done at a much faster rate.

May 19, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #1,287 of 3,325
Great to see them working on it, I've had a few messages back and forth with Mary in my FB.
She requested from me some examples of the FLAC + Cue problem so I made a package up for their engineers to look at.

I've requested ALAC + AAC support if possible.
And to get rid of the whole EQ area and give us a Bass / Treble control that defaults to 0dB with a -10 to +10 range, similar to the E17's B&T controls except not double stepped.

That would be much more useful than the EQ...

If they fix the:
Backward Scrolling.
Noise at the end of the WAV files.
FLAC + Cue timing issue.

and add:
Bass & Treble control in lieu of the EQ
Support for ALAC & AAC

This would be one of the most amazing little players out there, a true "Best in Class" for sure.
:beerchug:

This is what I have requested, APE + Cue support is there now and works well, except there is no EQ in APE mode... Oh well I don't use the EQ. If they implement all in the list I have requested that Mary pass along to the engineers. We will have a Top Shelf little player IMHO.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

May 19, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #1,288 of 3,325
Quote:
This is what I have requested, APE + Cue support is there now and works well, except there is no EQ in APE mode... Oh well I don't use the EQ. If they implement all in the list I have requested that Mary pass along to the engineers. We will have a Top Shelf little player IMHO.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

This is great! I'm looking forward to listen ALAC on my C3.
biggrin.gif

May 19, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #1,289 of 3,325
Can someone help me with the firmware upgrade process?  I understand the current firmware (06) does not add much, but I wanted to make sure I knew how to do it for future update (?).  I downloaded the update and then attempted to open the file with winrar, but I got a message that the file was not recognized so it would not open.  I then hooked the C3 player by USB cable to my computer, and then tried to extract the file to the player directly, but I kept getting the message that the player was "not ready".  I can't imagine the process is very difficult, but I can't seem to get it to work.  Any suggestions?  Thanks. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back