Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Mar 20, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #917 of 3,325
Thanks but the Engrish manual came with mine on the "Interal Memory". Others might want it though. :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

You won't believe it, but my CK4's menu also says interal memory. :wink:

Nice mod on the SMSL cable btw,

Mar 22, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #920 of 3,325
Weirddub, you must listen longer and c3 will grow on you, trust me after long listen i cannot go back to my cowon and s9 is way better than non-moded ipod.

btw, you want too much from C3, because even no studio recording and no home rig can reproduce true acoustic of classical performance. i never demand my system or portable rig to sound like Wiener Musikverein http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musikverein

if i want true experience with classical music i just pay the ticket and go to concert hall :)

mind this i would agree, C3 is more on analytical and cold side but... still i find it fine for classical music because C3 is able to retain subtle details and decay which is very important in classical music while too warm sounding system can kill some of the musical presentation.

Mar 24, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #921 of 3,325
For C3 + BH users.
My best setup at this moment is: C3 (32 volume) + Normal EQ + BH (Out 1). For me it's the best combination. I prefer keeping the C3 at a slightly lower volume and use the C3 one.
Sometimes I use also the Jazz EQ, but the highs might sound a a bit too harsh for certain songs.

Mar 24, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #922 of 3,325
Pablo, for myself i keep C3 EQ normal volume maxed 38 into BH out1 HG on, LF on and SF off... but sometimes i prefer out2 with HG off, LF and SF both On. i played with C3 EQ and found it not worth toying around, just stick to normal and experiment with switches and outs.

Mar 25, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #923 of 3,325
Hey all, long time lurker of this thread, first time poster. After using an old iPod for about 7 years, I felt it was time for an upgrade. After reading a lot of buzz from other sites and getting some seriously helpful info from this thread I picked up a C3. Absolutely love this little player, however I've hit a couple speed bumps.

1. I can't find a way to format the 64GB micro sd I bought to Fat32. I've got it formatted to Fat32 with about 32GB storage showing, but that's it.

2. I can't seem to remove the micro sd from the C3. I've got a horrible feeling I've pushed it in too far, but I have no idea how to get it out. can't grip it from the outside and I'm cautious of pushing it in any further to see if it'll spring back out.

Any advice anyone here can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Mar 25, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #924 of 3,325
Quote:
Hey all, long time lurker of this thread, first time poster. After using an old iPod for about 7 years, I felt it was time for an upgrade. After reading a lot of buzz from other sites and getting some seriously helpful info from this thread I picked up a C3. Absolutely love this little player, however I've hit a couple speed bumps.

1. I can't find a way to format the 64GB micro sd I bought to Fat32. I've got it formatted to Fat32 with about 32GB storage showing, but that's it.

2. I can't seem to remove the micro sd from the C3. I've got a horrible feeling I've pushed it in too far, but I have no idea how to get it out. can't grip it from the outside and I'm cautious of pushing it in any further to see if it'll spring back out.

Hey joncoledalton!
Welcome to the Club!

1 Try this formatter program here:
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/

2. The µSD card sits almost flush when it's installed, I have to use a fingernail to push mine in to unlock it, then only a little bit sticks out to grab. The same with putting it back, I have to use a fingernail to get it to click back into place.

They have a locking tang on the side so there is a click when it lock's or unlocks from the C3.

beerchug.gif

Mar 25, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #926 of 3,325
Quote:
Cheers TrollDragon, I'll be sure to give both a try when I get in.

Once I've got all of that sorted the mammoth task of converting my CD collection and redownloading numerous mp3s into FLAC begins.

Much Fun!
I came from an iPod so most of my collection was in AAC, not ALAC... So I went down that same fun road!
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #928 of 3,325
Quote:

you could try this,http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?fat32format.htm it will bypass the limits and do up to a single 2 tb FAT32 partition, so it should work for the SD card.
Pretty sure it has a 2tb cap, I only ever used it formatting single partition singe terabyte drives. Indispensible and super easy using the gui version.

Mar 26, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #929 of 3,325
Quote:
you could try this,http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?fat32format.htm it will bypass the limits and do up to a single 2 tb FAT32 partition, so it should work for the SD card.
Pretty sure it has a 2tb cap, I only ever used it formatting single partition singe terabyte drives. Indispensible and super easy using the gui version.

Oddly enough this was what I ended up using due to an earlier recommendation. It turned out that it had indeed formatted the SD card correctly, but the C3 only picked up on 30GB rather than the full 64GB. After managing to remove the SD card (regards to TrollDragon) which it turned out I had pushed in a little too far, I loaded it directly up with music and found that the C3 recognised it all.

Now then, time to look into getting a C&C BH and figuring out which in-ear headphones should replace my Sennheiser CX400II.

Mar 26, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #930 of 3,325
Would you guys recommend the C3 for a non-audiophile (me)? Or I'll be just fine with a Sansa Clip+ (which costs 1/3) ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back