Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Mar 18, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #901 of 3,325
My C3 arrived yesterday and after loading a few albums, I too am getting a file error when I try to play any of them. They were ripped to flac 16/44.1 using dbconverter. They worked when converted to mp3 320 but not when flac. Got me stuffed what I did wrong converting seemed straight forward enough. They work on my Samsung SII.

Any help would be great.

Mar 18, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #903 of 3,325
I'm pretty new to converting, I just selected the settings I wanted any settings I didn't understand I left alone. Perhaps I missed something there, but as in my edited post above they work on my galaxy SII. The installed music plays fine. Using internal memory.

Mar 18, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #904 of 3,325
Quote:
I'm pretty new to converting, I just selected the settings I wanted any settings I didn't understand I left alone. Perhaps I missed something there, but as in my edited post above they work on my galaxy SII. The installed music plays fine. Using internal memory.

It's different - the SII can handle anything even 24/192 and just outputs it at 16/44.1 while the C3 can output 24/48 wav and 16/48 flac but cannot handle stuff like downsampling or reducing the output bitrate so if you have 24-bit files you should convert them to either wav or flac withing the abovementioned limits. So make sure you don't have 24-bit flac files or that the sample rate isn't more than 48khz.

Mar 18, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #905 of 3,325
Ok, checked file info , all are 16 bit 48 or 44.1 khz. Maybe when I get home will convert to wav and see what happens. Can't think what else to try. Any special settings on dbconverter I should have selected which I may have missed? Sometimes I really hate modern technology. Where is my Walkman and cassette tapes? :D

Mar 18, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #906 of 3,325
Quote:
Ok, checked file info , all are 16 bit 48 or 44.1 khz. Maybe when I get home will convert to wav and see what happens. Can't think what else to try. Any special settings on dbconverter I should have selected which I may have missed? Sometimes I really hate modern technology. Where is my Walkman and cassette tapes?
biggrin.gif

Well, then beats me. I remember than someone had issues with flac files too and had to rename them to a .fla extension and after that found a solution. Maybe try converting them with a different software. Yeah, cassette tapes were nice but I'm not sure I'm going back even though I still have two functional portable cassette players and one CD walkman player. I personally got tired of issues with converting software and nowadays just use the aimp3 player I use for playing music to convert the files I need

edit: @ stozzer123 Dude, I see you often checking out the threads - I hope you decide to get unbanned soon. 

Mar 18, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #907 of 3,325
Will rip a CD using different software when I get home and see what happens. In the mean time Adele in Mp3 will have to do. Can't tell the difference with the dodgy iems I'm using at the moment anyway.

Cheers

Mar 18, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #908 of 3,325
Quote:
Will rip a CD using different software when I get home and see what happens. In the mean time Adele in Mp3 will have to do. Can't tell the difference with the dodgy iems I'm using at the moment anyway.

Cheers

LOL No need. Maybe if the mastering was better bit I honestly can't listen to Adele - she definitely needs to find someone else to master her albums, which is a shame coz I really like her songs.

Mar 19, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #911 of 3,325
Did some mod's on that SMSL silver cable and now it is a lot more manageable, it has a subtle different sound than my other DIY cables, something hard to put a finger on... or it's just me and my old ears thinking it does.
biggrin.gif

Just one more piece required to complete this puzzle...

Santiago DV 25 Case

Mar 20, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #912 of 3,325
As I can't add attachments here, If anyone wants the C3 manual in english, PM me with your email and I will send it to you. It's a PDF file 232KB in size.
biggrin.gif

I can't find the site I got it from otherwise I would have just posted the link.

Mar 20, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #914 of 3,325
As I can't add attachments here, If anyone wants the C3 manual in english, PM me with your email and I will send it to you. It's a PDF file 232KB in size.
biggrin.gif

I can't find the site I got it from otherwise I would have just posted the link.

Thanks but the Engrish manual came with mine on the "Interal Memory". Others might want it though. :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Mar 20, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #915 of 3,325
This may be simple, how do I tell the charge level/remaining battery life?
Three little bars in the top right corner on a full charge.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back