Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
May 22, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #256 of 3,742
  Poweramp is a DSP player and doesn't play HiRes. I'd bet that the player app that Cayin puts on the player will have better sound quality. That said, if you want to use Poweramp, you should be able to. I have it on my Note 2 running Android 4.4.3, and it Poweramp works on lower, if I remember right.

Thanks for that. You can disable Direct Volume Control (DVC) on Poweramp and it will hopefully just pass the bits straight through and not mess with it.  Yep Poweramp states that it's compatible with Android 2.3 upward so should work OK.

Yes I agree that HiBy app all customised for i5 would sound the best too :) something to look forward to but I am just soo used to Poweramp.

May 22, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #257 of 3,742
i hope you all don't mind if i jumped to this thread in a little uncomfortable situation like this
i just sold my old dap, and come across this thread and was very excited to see all of the features i needed is packed nicely by cayin to this good looking dap except dual slot microsd and a good balanced output. but with the streaming capability of apple music and/or tidal i don't really mind losing one slot of micro sd

just want to ask a quick question, does anyone ever heard of acoustic research M2, there's an offer here for just 50$ more expensive than the predicted MSRP of i5, but from what i read it had a problem with some IEM and the android version is older than i5, i also doubt about the support of the M2 firmware in the future. could you please kindly give your opinions? thank you

May 22, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #258 of 3,742
  i hope you all don't mind if i jumped to this thread in a little uncomfortable situation like this
i just sold my old dap, and come across this thread and was very excited to see all of the features i needed is packed nicely by cayin to this good looking dap except dual slot microsd and a good balanced output. but with the streaming capability of apple music and/or tidal i don't really mind losing one slot of micro sd

just want to ask a quick question, does anyone ever heard of acoustic research M2, there's an offer here for just 50$ more expensive than the predicted MSRP of i5, but from what i read it had a problem with some IEM and the android version is older than i5, i also doubt about the support of the M2 firmware in the future. could you please kindly give your opinions? thank you

To do so in this thread would take it a little more off topic than it already is.  There is an existing m2 thread in the portable section so if you do a search for it you should be able to find it easily enough.  From what I remember of the discussion battery life was it's major problem as being fairly short even for these type of devices.

Also welcome to headfi, sorry about your wallet (standard greeting here :) ).

May 22, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #259 of 3,742
[Mod Comment]

Gentlemen - I've just removed almost 3 pages of posts.

• Just because a member has a different opinion does not mean he's trolling - and he is entitled to that opinion.
  • There is never any excuse for direct personal attacks - and this includes questioning someone's credibility because of low post count, and asking someone "how old they are"
    FTR - a lot of this was removed along with the other comments

I have suggested to @bratella that he is more than welcome to re-express himself if he makes more of an explanation - rather than dropping a one sentence bomb. If he does, I'd suggest interacting properly - or simply abstain from posting (if you have nothing constructive to add)

Thanks

May 22, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #260 of 3,742
[Mod Comment]

1. Just because a member has a different opinion does not mean he's trolling - and he is entitled to that opinion.
  2. There is never any excuse for direct personal attacks - and this includes questioning someone's credibility because of low post count, and asking someone "how old they are"

I have suggested to @bratella
 that he is more than welcome to re-express himself if he makes more of an explanation - rather than dropping a one sentence bomb. If he does, I'd suggest interacting properly - or simply abstain from posting (if you have nothing constructive to add)

Thanks

Sincerely appreciated, :beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 23, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #261 of 3,742

To do so in this thread would take it a little more off topic than it already is.  There is an existing m2 thread in the portable section so if you do a search for it you should be able to find it easily enough.  From what I remember of the discussion battery life was it's major problem as being fairly short even for these type of devices.

Also welcome to headfi, sorry about your wallet (standard greeting here :) ).

I thought so, sorry for making this topic stray away , i already read the M2 thread and got a mixed up review . my first concern is its hiss and noise with sensitive cans, also the sensitive volume wheel really made me worried it will blow my ears away. I just wondering if someone here ever heard of M2 and mind giving a quick impression about the sound and if it's worthed the money.

as for now, i lean toward the i5 as i think it will pair nice with sensitive iem and it will definitely get a great customer support and feedback that we know cayin always did.
how about the unit you tested @Rozenberg? is it dead silent with your CIEM? and btw have you Pre Ordered it at dbe? i also thinking to do the same :D 

anyway thank you very much for the warm welcome, tbh i already lurk long enough in head-fi but just decided to actively participate not long ago. i begin to take this hobby seriously for about one year and gosh, my life will never be the same again, this hobby is like a curse, there's endless curiosity every time new product launch. it's like an insatiable hunger yet my wallet always run out of its content

what worse is recently i got this symptoms of disease called auditionus imsonia , where i cannot get a good sleep when there are new dap or cans and i haven't tried it, this disease got worse when i read the review on head-fi. lol

God, please bring back my peaceful life

[Mod Comment]

• Just because a member has a different opinion does not mean he's trolling - and he is entitled to that opinion.
  • There is never any excuse for direct personal attacks - and this includes questioning someone's credibility because of low post count, and asking someone "how old they are"

I have suggested to @bratella that he is more than welcome to re-express himself if he makes more of an explanation - rather than dropping a one sentence bomb. If he does, I'd suggest interacting properly - or simply abstain from posting (if you have nothing constructive to add)

Thanks

Thank you very much for your hard work, really really appreciate it

May 23, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #262 of 3,742
I thought so, sorry for making this topic stray away , i already read the M2 thread and got a mixed up review . my first concern is its hiss and noise with sensitive cans, also the sensitive volume wheel really made me worried it will blow my ears away. I just wondering if someone here ever heard of M2 and mind giving a quick impression about the sound and if it's worthed the money.

as for now, i lean toward the i5 as i think it will pair nice with sensitive iem and it will definitely get a great customer support and feedback that we know cayin always did.
how about the unit you tested @Rozenberg
? is it dead silent with your CIEM? and btw have you Pre Ordered it at dbe? i also thinking to do the same :D 

It's dead silent with my CIEM.
As for volume wheel, this still needs fix since some I tested were slippery but if screen is off, it's locked so it's pretty good. I still hope Andykong has already tested it by putting it in and out of his pocket though :D

Dbe gonna open the PO at early June, I just asked.

May 23, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #263 of 3,742
It's dead silent with my CIEM.
As for volume wheel, this still needs fix since some I tested were slippery but if screen is off, it's locked so it's pretty good. I still hope Andykong has already tested it by putting it in and out of his pocket though :D

Dbe gonna open the PO at early June, I just asked.

If you insist, I can turn off the volume lock during black screen and see if I can come back in one piece to report my findings. :D :D

May 23, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #264 of 3,742
If you insist, I can turn off the volume lock during black screen and see if I can come back in one piece to report my findings.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Sure but just don't send me the doctor bill in case your ears bleed when testing it outside 
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #265 of 3,742
Sure but just don't send me the doctor bill in case your ears bleed when testing it outside :D

That's OK, I can send the bill to Cayin. :D

May 23, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #267 of 3,742

May 24, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #270 of 3,742
I wish they make a more affordable tube amp instead. I've seen Cayin's tube amps and they look gorgeous, but mostly for speakers and pretty expensive :D

Maybe they should jump on the portable tube amp bandwagon. Just imagine this shrunk down in your pocket, connected to i5, running those hard to drive TOTL planars on the go, lol :p

207cayin.pic140832.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back