Campfire Audio Trifecta
Dec 9, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #61 of 919
Trifecta is burning in nicely on my 1Z. It becomes earsplitting on volumes 40 on my 1Z (High Gain, balanced). The only issue I have with Trifecta atm is background hiss on Hugo 2. On my other devices (HM1000 Gold and WM1Z), no issues. Can't wait to clock in more hours, especially after settling on a pair of eartips. I'm not 100% on what they are but they look like Azla Sedna Ear Fit Lights.

IMG_0361.jpeg
My favourite pairing!

But unfortunately I still hear a hiss with the 1Z, 1A and N8. I’ll try it off of the WM1AM2 next week but so far it’s only the DP-X1 that’s completely hiss free and clean.

Dec 9, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #63 of 919
After the first ten hours with the Trifecta my first impression: I hear no noise on the M9 in headphone mode and on the N8ii with HG+ AB. I like both DAPs very much with the Trifecta with a current small lead in favor of the M9.

Dec 9, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #64 of 919
After the first ten hours with the Trifecta my first impression: I hear no noise on the M9 in headphone mode and on the N8ii with HG+ AB. I like both DAPs very much with the Trifecta with a current small lead in favor of the M9.

How do you like the sound?

Dec 9, 2022 at 6:09 PM Post #65 of 919
I've got my set in today, and am getting acquainted with the sound. Wound up getting a pair from Bloom Audio. They're fantastic to deal with. Boy they really are big & brash sounding. I'll let a few more hours accumulate before making any detailed observations. But definitely a toe tapping sound to start, that's for darn sure.

Dec 9, 2022 at 6:09 PM Post #66 of 919
Burning cable took longer than Trifecta. I tried Sony IER-Z1R's cable to compare and for a while the pairing sounded crisper with Z1R cable until today. Must say, Trifecta's 4.4 balanced cable is superior to Sony's (after all).

My summary on improvements: huge soundstage, mid-bass is no longer congested and dominating, highs are more refined, they sound cleaner airy-er and more separated from entire musical bouquet.

Confession: I am addicted to Trifecta and selling Sony IER-Z1R! LOL

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2022 at 7:41 PM Post #67 of 919
How do you like the sound?

My first impression after 15 Hours with M9 and N8ii:

The Trifecta sounds like a Traillii with some of the warm DD tuning and texture of the EXT with the effect and bass level of the XE6 and its soundstage only wider. Than the one with a better holographic stage than the Indigo.

It has the biggest stage with the best 3D image I know. With Trifecta I would agree for the first time that it sounds like listening to an over-ear. I love his DD treble (!) and his great vocals the most.

The Trifecta sounds fantastic to 1960s/70s rock/pop. Probably soon my absolute favorite ahead of the XE6, Traillii, EXT and the Indigo.

For me, the triple single DD has been the interesting project in 2022 and has the chance to become a classic.

I'm definitely in love and on my honeymoon

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2022 at 8:02 PM Post #68 of 919
My first impression after 15 Hours mit M9 unf N8ii:

The Trifecta sounds like a Traillii with some of the warm DD tuning and texture of the EXT with the effect and bass level of the XE6 and its soundstage only wider. Than the one with a better holographic stage than the Indigo.

It has the biggest stage with the best 3D image I know. With Trifecta I would agree for the first time that it sounds like listening to an over-ear. I love his DD treble (!) and his great vocals the most.

The Trifecta sounds fantastic to 1960s/70s rock/pop. Probably soon my absolute favorite ahead of the XE6, Traillii, EXT and the Indigo.

For me, the triple single DD has been the interesting project in 2022 and has the chance to become a classic.

Great impressions thank-you for sharing. These impressions certainly line up with my own, particularly around the massive staging and sound. Nice to hear you're enjoying the treble. In addition to the technical capacity I was most impressed by the bass & mids. Looking forward to more thoughts and counting down the days until I can swing my own...God forbid I don't do something rash and put my Annihilator up for sale or trade...if I do it will certainly be so I can swing one of these.

Dec 9, 2022 at 8:11 PM Post #69 of 919
Great impressions thank-you for sharing. These impressions certainly line up with my own, particularly around the massive staging and sound. Nice to hear you're enjoying the treble. In addition to the technical capacity I was most impressed by the bass & mids. Looking forward to more thoughts and counting down the days until I can swing my own...God forbid I don't do something rash and put my Annihilator up for sale or trade...if I do it will certainly be so I can swing one of these.
XD I'm trying to find out what my bassy/fun IEM is gonna be I'm happy with jewel/viking I need the low end iem now

kK/xe6/trifecta/ody are on the table xD

I've never heard KK and Ody I listened to at canjam but would like more time.

Dec 9, 2022 at 8:42 PM Post #70 of 919
My first impression after 15 Hours mit M9 unf N8ii:

Agree with all, but the impression of the "best 3D image" at this early stage of burning. It wasn't my case. Even at 50hrs I couldn't pinpoint instruments position as everything sounded right into my face with elevated mids+mid-bass. I started noticing better imaging hours and hours after followed by micro details beginning to emerge. I would be interested to hear your impression after 300hrs :).

Dec 11, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #73 of 919
You sir will need to do a full impressions against KK and XE6 because I need it in my life !!
I def intend to do that! I love both KK and XE6!

Dec 12, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #74 of 919
Entering this thread as I prepare budget to get a Trifecta... and reading that it is the bassy version of the Traillii completely sold me. Just need to check whether if HK will be getting Trifecta or I'll need to order them from CFA...

Dec 12, 2022 at 11:08 PM Post #75 of 919
This iem looks a little bit DIY, can someone post more detailed pictures? Also, how did campfire dampened the resonance? Otherwise these drivers should be aligned in some almost perfect way which is almost impossible
And that DIY acrylic body leaves no hope for precision engineering
Sorry for the interruption

Users who are viewing this thread

Back