Campfire Audio Trifecta
Nov 23, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #16 of 879
Got em' a few hours ago. 180 minutes-in ultra-superficial early thoughts:

The impressions shared from the show demo's broke down to basically: "I hate this"...."It's doing the thing but odd"......"I loooooove this". 5 minutes in-ear I understand. No one was wrong as defined by what's right for them.

This is potentially the most unapologetic Campfire Audio expression ever. If that makes your heart soar or a super-sour frown shows up on your face.....go with that.

Like Folkvangr a few months back, with an admitted precious few minutes in.....this is an odd but staggeringly awesome set for a particular (and awesome) set of individuals.

If I was comparing initial impressions off of IEM's I know well......this is like if the XE6 took the Advar on a no-phone/no-camera weekend to Mallorca and just went on about their personal business in absolutely filthy fashion and 9 months later Trifecta.

It looks like something you win getting pure platinum on Bayonetta.

It sounds like the best possible audio endpoint you could dream in 1993. It tells it's story with very analog - dynamic driver - organic pre-2010 R2R hallmarks. It will sound wooly and bleedy to those that worship at the alter of Our Lady of Balanced Armature. It does not into sparkle of EXT's. It does not reverberate from the silent, inky void where Planars ferry their magnetic souls. It is a wonderous, enveloping, swirling, resolving cloud of 2022-level special effects on top of the simple, warm, organic heart of the DD sound. This is a dream from Hi-Fi future as dared to be imagined by 1979.

It has....by my lights as a jerk-ass typing on the internets...."TOTL worthy" traits. As someone who has spent a Scrooge McDuck-like fortune on audio stuffs over 20+ years.....they've been on my ears for every second on the three hours I've had them from a sense of fun and "Oh, let me listen to...X". Not much lands there for me....this is definitely something. It's playing all genres with fun and love in it's shiny little heart. It's full-stop an eclectic approach...but damn it's something.

Will keep listening over the Bird Eating holiday and update with less nebulous impressions/more straight audio stuff n' things......

PS....and as I listen to electronica....it's like the IER-1ZR also got into the filthy in Mallorca. Does XE6 on Advar on IER-1ZR excite you? Get in on this if you still can.....

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #17 of 879

The impressions shared from the show demo's broke down to basically: "I hate this"...."It's doing the thing but odd"......"I loooooove this". 5 minutes in-ear I understand. No one was wrong as defined by what's right for them.

This is potentially the most unapologetic Campfire Audio expression ever. If that makes your heart soar or a super-sour frown shows up on your face.....go with that.

Like Folkvangr a few months back, with an admitted precious few minutes in.....this is an odd but staggeringly awesome set for a particular (and awesome) set of individuals.

If I was comparing initial impressions off of IEM's I know well......this is like if the XE6 took the Advar on a no-phone/no-camera weekend to Mallorca and just went on about their personal business in absolutely filthy fashion and 9 months later Trifecta.

It sounds like the best possible audio endpoint you could dream in 1993. It tells it's story with very analog - dynamic driver - organic pre-2010 R2R hallmarks. It will sound wooly and bleedy to those that worship at the alter of Our Lady of Balanced Armature. It does not into sparkle of EXT's. It does not reverberate from the silent, inky void where Planars ferry their magnetic souls. It is a wonderous, enveloping, swirling, resolving cloud of 2022-level special effects on top of the simple, warm, organic heart of the DD sound. This is a dream from Hi-Fi future as dared to imagined by 1979.

It has....by my lights as a jerk-ass typing on the internets...."TOTL worthy" traits. As someone who has spent a Scrooge McDuck-like fortune on audio stuffs over 20+ years.....they've been on my ears for every second on the three hours I've had them from a sense of fun and "Oh, let me listen to...X". Not much lands there for me....this is definitely something. It's playing all genres with fun and love in it's shiny little heart. It's full-stop an eclectic approach...but damn it's something.

Will keep listening over the Bird Eating holiday and update with less nebulous impressions/more straight audio stuff n' things......

PS....and as I listen to electronica....it's like the IER-1ZR also got into the filthy in Mallorca. Does XE6 on Advar on IER-1ZR excite you? Get in on this if you still can.....

Love it-- thanks for sharing. I figured as soon as I heard them myself that you'd love them. Looking forward to more thoughts.

Nov 23, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #19 of 879

It sounds like the best possible audio endpoint you could dream in 1993. It tells it's story with very analog - dynamic driver - organic pre-2010 R2R hallmarks. It will sound wooly and bleedy to those that worship at the alter of Our Lady of Balanced Armature. It does not into sparkle of EXT's. It does not reverberate from the silent, inky void where Planars ferry their magnetic souls. It is a wonderous, enveloping, swirling, resolving cloud of 2022-level special effects on top of the simple, warm, organic heart of the DD sound. This is a dream from Hi-Fi future as dared to be imagined by 1979.

Yesss I also said it sounded similar to the ier-z1r in a discord chat room.

Great impressions btw.

When I compared them to the xe6 I feel like the xe6 extends more in the lows and highs but the bass is so different and the trifecta has larger sound with bigger swings and crazy paneling but just more rumble also just staging is bigger than the XE6 imaging is about the same hard to tell 100% but it's also got this magnifying glass affect on the background/microdetails.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #20 of 879
Yesss I also said it sounded similar to the ier-z1r in a discord chat room.

Great impressions btw.

When I compared them to the xe6 I feel like the xe6 extends more in the lows and highs but the bass is so different and the trifecta has larger sound with bigger swings and crazy paneling but just more rumble also just staging is bigger than the XE6 imaging is about the same hard to tell 100% but it's also got this magnifying glass affect on the background/microdetails.

I'm listening to some big-venue multi-synth Tangerine Dream 70's live roller and I couldn't imagine a more magic sound outside of being on all the best drugs at once. Agree on the above....and I want to be sure I'm highlighting in big neon caveats I'm sharing super-early impressions and more reaching for comparative landmarks to give a sense of sonic place. Both XE6 and ZIR reach.....from tracks for....and probably a bit more detailed/tight at the sub-bass level. They also sparkle more in the treble. Trifecta has the "all things at once" bass/mid/treble approach from the XE6 with a lot of swirl and boom. Mid are muuuuch better than the Z1R for some fiery hot-take. Honestly.....it's like sitting between God's two-channel in 1979.

Nov 23, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #21 of 879
I'm listening to some big-venue multi-synth Tangerine Dream 70's live roller and I couldn't imagine a more magic sound outside of being on all the best drugs at once. Agree on the above....and I want to be sure I'm highlighting in big neon caveats I'm sharing super-early impressions and more reaching for comparative landmarks to give a sense of sonic place. Both XE6 and ZIR reach.....from tracks for....and probably a bit more detailed/tight at the sub-bass level. They also sparkle more in the treble. Trifecta has the "all things at once" bass/mid/treble approach from the XE6 with a lot of swirl and boom. Mid are muuuuch better than the Z1R for some fiery hot-take. Honestly.....it's like sitting between God's two-channel in 1979.
Agreed !! I do wish there was more of that sub bass presence but I have the jewel for that XD.

Nov 23, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #22 of 879
haha congrats! Something to play with over Thanksgiving. I look forward to your impressions!

Not sure if anyone else ordered from HeadAmp, but just got the shipping email from Justin. My Trifecta is set to arrive on Friday via...FedEx. We'll pray for each other 🤣

Please post your impressions when they arrive! This was the shortest amount of time a product has stayed at our shop before being shipped.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Nov 23, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #23 of 879
Following :)

Nov 23, 2022 at 8:08 PM Post #24 of 879
Agreed !! I do wish there was more of that sub bass presence but I have the jewel for that XD.
Am I buying these from you next 🤣?

Nov 23, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #25 of 879
Damn, I wish I hadn't read this. I adore my Z1R, the only problem I have with Advar is the shallow fit, and I've been lusting after a custom Xe6 since the extended audition I had with it a few months ago.

I suppose I could just pretend Trifecta doesn't exist and/or convince myself it can't fit as well as a CIEM, but then again....

Nov 24, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #27 of 879
Currently listening I will try to do some sound impressions later.
Congrats!! What tips are you using? I am not much in favor of the stock ones. I tried a set from Sony IER-Z1R, Noble Audio and SpinFit Cp145, so far, SpinFits are my fave.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #28 of 879
Congrats!! What tips are you using? I am not much in favor of the stock ones. I tried a set from Sony IER-Z1R, Noble Audit and SpinFit Cp145, so far, SpinFits are my fave.
I found the radius deep mount(clear)/spinfit W1 to be the best with the foam being okay probably the best seal/comfort though.

Nov 24, 2022 at 8:40 PM Post #30 of 879
What are your impressions so far ?
My impression is slightly different from the one I had at CanJam SoCal. Remember, I said Trifecta was the best sounding IEMs on the floor. Indeed, Trifecta sounds like closed-back full-sized overheads. Today, Trifecta so much reminds me of Sony MDR-Z1R especially in the bass region when used with Noble Audio silicon tips (shown in the photo). Owning Sony IER-Z1R, I must say that I prefer Z1R for its unique timber (color) in each register, whereas Trifecta doesn’t give much timbral coloration throughout the ranges (at this point!). I look forward to a 100hr burn-in mark to revise my impression.

Attachments

• B26AA301-105C-4592-897F-B4AE6AF8CF7C.jpeg
    B26AA301-105C-4592-897F-B4AE6AF8CF7C.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back