Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
May 24, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #1,186 of 9,829
Please cover isolation and fit in your review.Thanks. 

Personally, fit is great. My ears are shaped such that iems such as the Dita Answers fit me great. So that might say something about my ears :)

Isolation for me is pretty typical of wide nozzled medium/shallow fit IEMs (again like the ditas). Not industry leading I'll readily admit, but nothing bad either, perfectly usable in most situations for me.

That said, I typically use silicone tips, so those using foam tips might have a different mileage.

May 24, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #1,187 of 9,829
Andromeda boxing here -- not my best effort. What it really needs to say about the cable is that it is ergonomically like a regular IEM cable but using higher quality wire.

I left them for about a day running pink noise and they are every bit as impressive with acoustic music as they were when I first tried them in Tokyo. They are tonally very like the open-backed MrSpeakers' Ether with sparkling highs and a fair bit of mid-bass in my ears. 

I'm presently running them from various portable devices as well as amps from an Yggdrasil or Mojo.
Mid Bass ? This leads me to believe it doesnt do sub bass well. ?

May 24, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #1,189 of 9,829
Personally, fit is great. My ears are shaped such that iems such as the Dita Answers fit me great. So that might say something about my ears
smily_headphones1.gif

Your ears can shape-shift!

The only IEMs I have problems with fit are the CA and Dita ones!

May 24, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #1,190 of 9,829
May 24, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #1,193 of 9,829
Yeah, I should have clarified that, unlike the Ethers, there doesn't appear to be a drop-off in the sub-bass. I mainly wanted to given an approximate idea of the FR I perceive from them. I'm using the silicon tips too.

May 24, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #1,198 of 9,829
Has anyone heard them balanced?
i heard the Jupiter and Andromeda balanced although for a short time only. So I cant fully comment.

An Opus#1 Dap just rolled in so I will be testing the Campfire Audio products with it (balanced out) using the Jupiter MMCX 2.5 cable.

May 24, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #1,199 of 9,829

yes, if your IEM cable is approximately 12meters long...

I think its not about balanced vs unbalanced, but rather that when you compare the balanced vs the unbalanced outputs of a particular amp, the amp is often (not always) optimised for balanced resulting in a better (different) sound for balanced.

At the very least, there is no way a balanced amp can have the same circuit as an unbalanced amp so i dont think its about balanced being better, rather that they are just different designs to start with, each design with its own set of advantages and disadvantages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back