Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
May 23, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #1,171 of 9,829
If it's at the top of twisters list it must be really good. Just wondering what your favorite source pairing was overall though twister6?

May 23, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #1,172 of 9,829
Anyway Ken should take noted for incoming new design in future, we already high lighted the shell edges should do something softer cornered.
Otherwise would be hurt those smaller ears.
There is quite sharper like a knife can easily cut though internal side of ears, it there was improper wears for longer hours.

Edit :
For myself were used the Alo sxc24 cable will solved the problem, cause there was slightly harder for memory wire and bend out my ears profile to hold it as well.
Otherwise I would used sand paper for soften myself, just sad like warranty void.

Otherwise there's user friendly for those smaller ear.
Just highlight my trued voice here.

Thank you :)

May 23, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #1,174 of 9,829
Anyway Ken should take noted for incoming new design in future, we already high lighted the shell edges should do something softer cornered.
Otherwise would be hurt those smaller ears.
There is quite sharper like a knife can easily cut though internal side of ears, it there was improper wears for longer hours.

Thank you
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, I wouldn't go as far as "sharper like a knife"
biggrin.gif
  If that's how your pair feels, than you got a cool weapon to swing around
evil_smiley.gif

Btw, I don't have big ears, probably average or a bit smaller.  And, as I mentioned in the review, it's all eartip depended.  I'm not sugar coating anything, people tip roll to find the best fit and isolation, while with Andromeda for some the correct eartip selection will also mean a comfort of extended wear.  It took me awhile to find the right pair, but it's not a show stopper.

May 23, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #1,175 of 9,829
Well, I wouldn't go as far as "sharper like a knife" :D   If that's how your pair feels, than you got a cool weapon to swing around :evil:

Btw, I don't have big ears, probably average or a bit smaller.  And, as I mentioned in the review, it's all eartip depended.  I'm not sugar coating anything, people tip roll to find the best fit and isolation, while with Andromeda for some the correct eartip selection will also mean a comfort of extended wear.  It took me awhile to find the right pair, but it's not a show stopper.

I got my solution for wears it as comfort all the way long he he.
I love that sounds too, otherwise I'd won't be appearance here too.

May 24, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #1,176 of 9,829
If it's at the top of twisters list it must be really good. Just wondering what your favorite source pairing was overall though twister6?

As you can read from the review, I found many sources with a good pair up.  Of course, it will scale up with LPG, but it doesn't mean you have to drop $2k to make them shine or $1.7k for AK120ii to silence the hissing down to zero.  It paired up quite well with X5ii, no complaints here.  Maybe a bit too smooth with DX80 and way too noisy with N5, but it was good with X7 and even my aging Note 4.  Actually, as Vince noticed this as well, pair up with Micro iDSD was excellent, or a cheaper E12A alternative.  I have no doubt it will shine with ALO amps too
wink.gif
  For me personally, LPG was the best portable pair up, while Micro was the best desktop pair up.

May 24, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #1,177 of 9,829

biggrin.gif
evil_smiley.gif

What eartips did you eventually go with?

May 24, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #1,179 of 9,829
  Do you happen to have the less powerful amp module for the X7 to test with the Andromeda?  Curious if the X7 could be a silent option.  Thanks for the review!

Yes, tried it with AM1, AM2, and AM5.  I always have it in high gain, to my ears all these modules sound better in high gain, and that's where I hear a faint hissing.  Keep in mind, I'm not talking about high freqiency piercing hissing, just a low level of warm noise floor type of hissing which more audible when you pause or idling.  In low gain, it's hardly even noticeable.  I assume you still have default AM1 module, and if you listening in low gain - it will be nearly dead silent.  In high gain, just a low level of hissing.

May 24, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #1,180 of 9,829

biggrin.gif
evil_smiley.gif

What eartips did you eventually go with?

Eventually went with these eartips from Penon.

They are the last one (tallest) on the left:

May 24, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #1,181 of 9,829

Eventually went with these eartips from Penon.

They are the last one (tallest) on the left:

Thank you! I love deep insertion (yeaaa...) and the Jupiter hurt my ears with stock tips.

May 24, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #1,182 of 9,829
May 24, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #1,184 of 9,829
Andromeda boxing here -- not my best effort. What it really needs to say about the cable is that it is ergonomically like a regular IEM cable but using higher quality wire.

I left them for about a day running pink noise and they are every bit as impressive with acoustic music as they were when I first tried them in Tokyo. They are tonally very like the open-backed MrSpeakers' Ether with sparkling highs and a fair bit of mid-bass in my ears. 

I'm presently running them from various portable devices as well as amps from an Yggdrasil or Mojo.

May 24, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #1,185 of 9,829
  Andromeda boxing here -- not my best effort. What it really needs to say about the cable is that it is ergonomically like a regular IEM cable but using higher quality wire.

I left them for about a day running pink noise and they are every bit as impressive with acoustic music as they were when I first tried them in Tokyo. They are tonally very like the open-backed MrSpeakers' Ether with sparkling highs and a fair bit of mid-bass in my ears. 

I'm presently running them from various portable devices as well as amps from an Yggdrasil or Mojo.

Please cover isolation and fit in your review.Thanks. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back