Beresford TC-7510 DAC MKII
Feb 25, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #256 of 338
Hmm...it's snowing like hell in North-East cost of US now...nothing to do so I rigged up a simple power line with inline 2.5amp fuse and hooked it up to 12vDC SLA battery. I will report back when I have about 100 hours of burn-in on the unit
icon10.gif

Feb 25, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #257 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol good to see people are buying them. I'd rather let other people be guinea pigs for this DAC, than buy one myself and find that I don't like it
redface.gif

Hi, I like your signature. I concur, NZ is SUCK for headphone.
Having said that, my AKG K340 was local ...

Feb 26, 2007 at 2:23 AM Post #258 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, I like your signature. I concur, NZ is SUCK for headphone.
Having said that, my AKG K340 was local ...

WOW! How'd you get them LOCAL? Trademe?

Feb 26, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #259 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOW! How'd you get them LOCAL? Trademe?

AKG K340? Yes, TradeMe. once in awhile, there is a gem.

Feb 26, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #260 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AKG K340? Yes, TradeMe. once in awhile, there is a gem.

Theres a set of K141M's on there right now... Too bad I don't have an amp to drive them.

Feb 26, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #261 of 338
I have nothing but good things to say about phonopreamps.com. My TC-7510 arrived quickly and the staff were knowledgeable and helpful. Nothing in my experience suggested mere "box shifters". Their 99.7 percent positive ebay rating would indicate I'm not alone in my opinions or experience!

Russell

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herandu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to hear about the US seller. But things like a DAC require a different level of understanding of music and the support customers seek. Box shifting alone is not good enough for this type of product.

Feb 26, 2007 at 5:15 AM Post #262 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by hortiholic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have nothing but good things to say about phonopreamps.com. My TC-7510 arrived quickly and the staff were knowledgeable and helpful. Nothing in my experience suggested mere "box shifters". Their 99.7 percent positive ebay rating would indicate I'm not alone in my opinions or experience!

Russell

Ed was very helpful and friendly for me as well. He gave me the contact info for TEC so I could check if my opamp choice would be compatible. I didn't even buy from Ed. I got mine used indirectly via ebay. Parts are on the way. We'll see what happens.

Mar 7, 2007 at 12:34 AM Post #263 of 338
The MkIII arrived today. It's an immediate improvement over the MkII. Line output is now at acceptable volume levels, and bass is much more present but still tight and controlled. There's a bit of grain in the mids and some treble harshness, but burn-in corrected this on the MkII so I'll wait a while before making any judgments.

Mar 8, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #266 of 338
I have been burning my TC7510 DAC over few weeks now. I installed one Panasonic 8200uF power cap. The bass is definitely tight and powerful to say the least. This DAC response very well to simple cap change. I did some other mods but that does not have greater influence than the power cap change.

img1221ue4.jpg

img1216su4.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by izquierdaste /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you post a picture of the cap mods when you get a chance. I would be curious to see what you used.

Mar 8, 2007 at 6:53 AM Post #267 of 338
THanks for the pics. I also put a FC series 4700uf in the power supply. I also added silmics in the signal path. Finally I replaced the stock opamp with a socketed lm4562. I might also try 2107 and 2111 since I have a couple of those. I haven't had much time to listen to yet, but initial impressions are positive. Here is a pic.

P3060333.JPG

http://photo.head-fi.org/showphoto.p...=14501&cat=913

I had to replace the 100uf caps with two 47uf caps in parallel because that is all digikey had. I also threw in a 330uf cap in place of 220u since digikey was out of those as well. As a result, I still need to do a better job of stabilizing the caps.

Mar 8, 2007 at 7:05 AM Post #268 of 338
Oooh nice to see some mods coming in! If I do get this (over the Zhaolu) I probably won't end up modding it though... I have NO electronics knowledge so I probably wouldn't know how.

Mar 8, 2007 at 8:34 AM Post #269 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by izquierdaste /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally I replaced the stock opamp with a socketed lm4562. I might also try 2107 and 2111 since I have a couple of those. I haven't had much time to listen to yet, but initial impressions are positive.

Great job. Thumbs up from me. I am very much interested in your test results on how it sounds.

A friend of mine has wired his unit to a car battery, which is also connected to a solar panel charger. He posted pictures on the wigwam forum. I might ask him permission to post them here as well. His wiring looks better than mine.

Mar 8, 2007 at 1:54 PM Post #270 of 338
I am also running it out of SLA battery with 2.5amp inline fuse. I am using this on my stero system with custom passive preamp, modded Trend TA-10 (in a Super T-amp case, SLA battery powered), along with nude & modded Musical Fidelity X10D tube buffer.

img1224vm9.jpg

img1223vt2.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herandu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great job. Thumbs up from me. I am very much interested in your test results on how it sounds.

A friend of mine has wired his unit to a car battery, which is also connected to a solar panel charger. He posted pictures on the wigwam forum. I might ask him permission to post them here as well. His wiring looks better than mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back