Bay Area meets coming up?
Nov 21, 2003 at 6:46 PM Post #151 of 214
Quote:

Originally posted by Stoney
Ivy at Headroom has made arrangements to ship us (at my house) the following for the Nov 30 meeting:

BlockHead
Balanced IC's
Balanced hd600's
Balanced RS1's
Cosmic
Max
Little

Wow, it's great to have a corporate sponser that supports the meetings that way. That's one impressive list of equipment!

Nov 21, 2003 at 7:43 PM Post #154 of 214
Ugh...I can't make it to this meet. Maybe next time. You guys have fun
600smile.gif

Nov 22, 2003 at 5:40 AM Post #155 of 214
Looks like I will be able to attend as well. I can bring the stuff I posted earlier in this thread.

I can also provide a ride for anyone in the Mountain View area - just let me know. I'll confirm 100% by Sunday (at about 90% right now).

Nov 24, 2003 at 1:08 AM Post #157 of 214
Hi All:
I sent out directions to all that sent me emails last week(hope I didn't miss anyone)
In no particular order:
Chinchy
morsel
Habib
eighteen_psi
Doris Parry
gpalmer
stoney
Justin Castillo
Steve Lopez
lindrone
Doug C & Todd Mitchell- where are you coming from?

Other participants on this thread, please send me an email address (for directions) if you would like to come. bobjew@pacbell.net
bluesaint
nately
gswpete
zeplin
pinkchry
tommyatkins
raif
Adam P88
DsLFoolish
Soundboy
Jerry_Hsu
NeilPeart
zbuddah
utep 10
shafu
was ist los?
scamper
Peipi
drewski
caliguy
minya
JMT
steinie
nanhachi

Nov 24, 2003 at 11:24 AM Post #158 of 214
Thanks for hosting Bob, but I don't think I can make this one.

Dang, I really wanted to check out the CD3000s and HD650s. As well as general meeting and greeting and head-fi talkin'

As I noted earlier in this thread, if there are any new members who can't make the meet but want to see my limited gear, drop me a PM, I'd be happy to show it to you. I'm on Berkeley southside, 'bout 4 blocks from campus.

Nov 24, 2003 at 3:57 PM Post #159 of 214
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Sorry gang, but I can't make it because I have to work. The poor job market of 2002 rendered me a worker bee and my boss is an idiot sometimes. She's stretching out a project that I can finish in a few weeks into a month long project.

Have a great time- take lots of pics!

Nov 24, 2003 at 4:40 PM Post #160 of 214
Thanks Bob, for the heads-up. Unfortunately the in-laws will be in town that weekend and........
Quote:

Originally posted by drewski:
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Ditto

Nov 25, 2003 at 12:35 AM Post #161 of 214
I'll be attending and coming from Mountain View if anyone needs/wants a ride (Morsel?). Also, I have a bunch of audio magazines I picked up from H_Man a couple of months ago. Any one interested? I can bring them to the meet.

Details:
"Stereophile Vol 20 no9 - Vol26 no4 (current)
Home Theater Magazine Jan 97- Jan 2003
Stereophile Guide to Home Theater, no 11,13-17, 21-63 (current)
I also have about a year of The Absolute Sound and Audio from maybe 1999"

Nov 25, 2003 at 5:21 AM Post #163 of 214
To test the Blockhead, we will need to have a source with balanced outputs. Or, we need adapters from unbalanced to balanced. Does anyone have either of these to bring?

For the newcomers to the thread, we are discussing an San Francisco Bay Area meeting, scheduled for November 30 at noon in Oakland. Details are somewhere on this page, I think: Head-Fi - Bay Area meeting coming up. A few manufacturers are loaning us equipment to test. I have been shipped the Headphone assortment.

Nov 25, 2003 at 5:40 AM Post #164 of 214
I have the Wadia 830, caliguy has a Meridian if he comes and brings it. I thought you had a balanced source also Stoney. The more the merrier from my point of view since I'm looking for a more synergistic combination for the Gilmore balanced.

EDIT - Speeling!

Nov 25, 2003 at 5:42 AM Post #165 of 214
Quote:

Originally posted by Stoney
To test the Blockhead, we will need to have a source with balanced outputs. Or, we need adapters from unbalanced to balanced. Does anyone have either of these to bring?

Sounds like there'll be several - but will there be enough balanced interconnects?

edit, guess that was answered while i was typing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back