Bay Area meets coming up?
Nov 19, 2003 at 3:44 AM Post #136 of 214
Arrgh almost missed this thread. Haven't been to a NorCal meet since Berkeley.
smily_headphones1.gif

Haven't got too much, but can bring:

HD650's
HD600's
CD3000's
Eggo 66's
Cou Bleu Senn cables
Wheatfield HA-1
Gilmore amp

Nov 19, 2003 at 6:53 AM Post #137 of 214
Quote:

Originally posted by steinie
Arrgh almost missed this thread. Haven't been to a NorCal meet since Berkeley.
smily_headphones1.gif

Haven't got too much, but can bring:

HD650's
HD600's
CD3000's
Eggo 66's
Cou Bleu Senn cables
Wheatfield HA-1
Gilmore amp

Hooyah
very_evil_smiley.gif
580 v 600 v 650 comparison

Nov 19, 2003 at 7:49 AM Post #139 of 214
frown.gif

you're killin me....

actually, it's great that the meet is shaping up so well. Steinie, I'm glad you're getting back into the mix. Have a great time!

Nov 19, 2003 at 9:41 AM Post #140 of 214
Speaking of sources.. I have a really old source where the right channel has no sound. If I bring it (an old circa mid 80's Sony CDP-102) can someone take a look at it and hopefully help me fix it? Pretty please?

Nov 19, 2003 at 8:44 PM Post #141 of 214
I am willing to carpool/drive from Walnut Creek if anyone is interested. There is a free all day parking lot for the bart station right next to my apartment so a couple of people could park there then all get in one car. Might help the parking situation in Oakland. If anyone is interested pm for directions.

Nov 19, 2003 at 10:46 PM Post #142 of 214
Okay.. let me get this figured out a bit.. so the meet is going to be in Oakland, near the Oakland Arena.. Sunday after Thanksgiving? (is that Nov. 30th or Dec. 7th?)

I'm definitely interested, not sure if I can make it yet. Don't have much gear either, but I'm willing to bring whatever I've got...

Gears:
Philips 763 (cheap, cheap SACD player)
Gilmore V2
HD590
ATH-A900
Shure E5c

Anyone interested in hearing them?

Nov 20, 2003 at 5:00 PM Post #145 of 214
Hi Bob,
I'm still working on the Super Mono but I'll mail you immediately a latest
version of Micro with AD8620.
Xin

This is such a great and generous community!

Steinie, lindrone, welcome aboard. Please email me (bobjew) for directions, info and questions.

bobjew@pacbell.net

Nov 20, 2003 at 8:00 PM Post #146 of 214
Ivy at Headroom has made arrangements to ship us (at my house) the following for the Nov 30 meeting:

BlockHead
Balanced IC's
Balanced hd600's
Balanced RS1's
Cosmic
Max
Little

The Total Airhead does not look possible due to lack of enclosures. However, Tyll speculated it might be possible to send one "al fresco" with a wall wart power supply. We'll see if he thinks this is practical. I'd love to hear one, or two incliuding the Burr Brown version! That is the product I'm most interested in buying right now.

I have the latest Xin SuperMini v6.3, but unless someone speaks up, I'll be sending it back to Xin. To my ear (a brightness-phobe), I find it a bit too crisp and unforgiving in the treble. Sounds mellower on 4.5 volts (3 internal AAAs) than it does on 9-12v (has external 9v connector). This unit has a crossfeed switch, analog pot, and all the cascode options. PM me if you are interested.

Nov 21, 2003 at 7:17 AM Post #147 of 214
I'm just re-affirming my commitment to this meet. The list of equipment and members is really astounding. I'll bring all the headphones in my profile. This is becoming a better event every day. Ricky, I will be here in the States because I'm spending Thanksgiving with my dad. Stoney, thanks for the generous carpool offer. Bobjew, thanks for the hospitality. Thanks to all the other head-fi members too; it's your presence that makes the meets what they are, not the equipment! See you all Sunday the 30th!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 21, 2003 at 7:29 AM Post #148 of 214
I'm in for sure now, possible conflicts be damned. Too much cool stuff to pass up this time around.

I wish my amp wasn't "broken" but it still works ok. (Stupid JB weld holding the front panel (knobs and stuff) let go causing minor internal damage...perhaps someone can tell me why the volume knob crackles now that its like that?

Nov 21, 2003 at 7:31 AM Post #149 of 214
Quote:

Originally posted by Stoney
Ivy at Headroom has made arrangements to ship us (at my house) the following for the Nov 30 meeting:

BlockHead
Balanced IC's
Balanced hd600's
Balanced RS1's
Cosmic
Max
Little

The Total Airhead does not look possible due to lack of enclosures. However, Tyll speculated it might be possible to send one "al fresco" with a wall wart power supply. We'll see if he thinks this is practical. I'd love to hear one, or two incliuding the Burr Brown version! That is the product I'm most interested in buying right now.

I have the latest Xin SuperMini v6.3, but unless someone speaks up, I'll be sending it back to Xin. To my ear (a brightness-phobe), I find it a bit too crisp and unforgiving in the treble. Sounds mellower on 4.5 volts (3 internal AAAs) than it does on 9-12v (has external 9v connector). This unit has a crossfeed switch, analog pot, and all the cascode options. PM me if you are interested.

I'm curious how it sounds...if its not inconvenient for you, I'd have a bit of a listen...then maybe I'd be interested. I need something I can move around.

Nov 21, 2003 at 6:42 PM Post #150 of 214
Just got a final list of the cables that Drew will be sending from Moon Audio

3-4' Blue Dragon Power Cords.
1-4' Red Dragon Power Strip. This is just a Green Dragon design with red jacket instead of green.
1-3' Silver Dragon Interconnects rca
1-3' Silver Dragon Interconnects xlr
1-10' Blue Dragon Stereo 1/4" Headphone Cable
1-10' Blue Dragon Balanced 1/4" Headphone Cable
1-10' Silver Dragon Stereo 1/4" Headphone Cable
1-10' Silver Dragon Balanced XLR Headphone Cable
1-1.5' Silver Dragon Mini to rca Cable
1-1.5' Blue Dragon Mini to rca Cable

After reading TubRoller's review of the Senn cable replacement, I can't wait to hear how they sound. Drew was also nice enough to send balanced versions so we can hear them on both the BlockHead and Gilmore Balanced!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back