Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jun 3, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #12,406 of 18,459

Quote:
This is true hopefully they know, and if they do they should do a recall on the headphones with the problematic materials rather than wait for them to fail.

Precisely.  It's their business and I think they've so far demonstrated their ability and willingness to make process improvements to deal with issues like these.

Jun 3, 2011 at 2:10 AM Post #12,407 of 18,459
Had confirmation my new set are on the way.should have them early next week, can't wait. They have a lot of traveling to do over the coming couple of months so the plastic case is perfect!

Jun 3, 2011 at 9:08 AM Post #12,408 of 18,459
Quote:
I listen primarily to jazz and I think the LCD-2 will be a permanent fixture in my set-up.

Excellent as my LCD-2s are currently "at local FedEx facility" and should be here soon!  I also listen primarily to jazz.
smile.gif

Jun 3, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #12,409 of 18,459
Another one bites the dust - my pair's left driver quit Tuesday evening (5/31) in the middle of the new Kate Bush album.

For those keeping track: #5698471, received 3/31/11, 177 hours of use mostly on Schiit Lyr.

Emailed Audeze Wednesday morning; as of today (Friday 6/3), no instructions, just waiting to be assigned to someone on the help desk. My case was numbered 111 - if that's the number of failures let's hope this small company isn't overwhelmed.

And I miss them already.

Jun 3, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #12,411 of 18,459

Quote:
Precisely.  It's their business and I think they've so far demonstrated their ability and willingness to make process improvements to deal with issues like these.

Possibly, I still feel that if they do know what batch of cans has the problematic material they should simply recall them rather than wait for failures to turn up.

Jun 3, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #12,413 of 18,459
Mostly newer material from Avishai Cohen, Tord Gustavsen, Helge Lien Trio, Vijay Iyer, Ashley Slater, John Zorn, Amos Hoffman, Steve Kuhn, Koop, etc.
Lots of older stuff I do like as well but not necessarily the stuff I go to right away these days.  I should dig out the older jazz and see how it plays with the LCD-2.   

Quote:
What Jazz are you listening to?  50's and 60's?   

Jun 3, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #12,414 of 18,459
There's so much wonderful music! I've never heard of any of those except Kuhn. I will be checking them out.

Love Getz, Bill Evans, Patricia Barber, Krall, so many more.

They all sound even better on LCD2 +Dacmini. Need to get a HE-500, too.

Jun 3, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #12,415 of 18,459
Yeah, also lots of good suggestions on the "What you are listening now thread".  Then we also have jazz across the world.  One of my favs, Axiom of Choice, persian jazz.  Gonna be a fun weekend re-experiencing music on the LCD-2s.

Quote:
There's so much wonderful music! I've never heard of any of those except Kuhn. I will be checking them out.

Love Getz, Bill Evans, Patricia Barber, Krall, so many more.

They all sound even better on LCD2 +Dacmini. Need to get a HE-500, too.

Jun 3, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #12,416 of 18,459

Quote:
Mostly newer material from Avishai Cohen, Tord Gustavsen, Helge Lien Trio, Vijay Iyer, Ashley Slater, John Zorn, Amos Hoffman, Steve Kuhn, Koop, etc.
Lots of older stuff I do like as well but not necessarily the stuff I go to right away these days.  I should dig out the older jazz and see how it plays with the LCD-2.   

The reason I ask is that I listen to a lot of jazz from the 50's and 60's and although most of the recording are well made the mixing is sometimes add and this show up in headphone listening more than on a pair of speakers.  Nothing to do with the LCD but I can't really judge headphone listening yet until my amp arrives. Was just looking for opinions on 50's 60's jazz  with cans.

Jun 3, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #12,417 of 18,459
To whomever it was that recommended this CD about a month ago, thanks a million.  Awesome recording with the Neumann head.

The Pasadena Symphony was my first symphony experience from a elementary school field trip.

Jun 3, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #12,418 of 18,459
I'm a "process analyst" for a large software company, and I think think Audeze has no issues with their customer relationships. They've slipped a classic machine into our world, with virtually no advertising, just personal responsiveness to their customers and being active on forums like Head-Fi which is precisely the market that can appreciate what they've created. Brilliant. LCD2s are not a one-night stand, you might say "meh" on first glancing at her Match.com profile, but by the 3rd date you are in love.

Jun 4, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #12,419 of 18,459

Quote:
I don't think we're communicating too well.  Please excuse my ignorance, but how are you going to control the volume of your system?

My source has a volume control. I just did the mod, I removed the volume control from my amp and soldered the input directly to the pcb where the output of the vol control used to be soldered.

Jun 4, 2011 at 4:23 AM Post #12,420 of 18,459
Reversible I assume in case you change your mind or have a mind to sell it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back