Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Aug 28, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #17,327 of 18,459
...So I hear these LCD-2 headphones are decent. Anybody care to discuss them (lol)?

Anyway, I've been slumming it the last few weeks with the HD650. As much as I enjoy these cans, I cannot wait to get my rev.2 back. I don't think I really appreciated the LCD-2 until I missed it.

Aug 28, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #17,328 of 18,459
I opted for the original rev1 due to bass qualities and pride in owning an original.  Was a hard hit for sound stage buff, but I thought it was worth it to get the original over the rev2.  The bass is just too good on rev1 to my ears to merit upgrading to a rev2 just for a bit of stage size, detail in the mids but at a cost of losing the fullness and less bass awesomeness.

Aug 28, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #17,329 of 18,459

Quote:
I opted for the original rev1 due to bass qualities and pride in owning an original.  Was a hard hit for sound stage buff, but I thought it was worth it to get the original over the rev2.  The bass is just too good on rev1 to my ears to merit upgrading to a rev2 just for a bit of stage size, detail in the mids but at a cost of losing the fullness and less bass awesomeness.

So you had both the r.1 and the r.2?   

Aug 28, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #17,330 of 18,459

Quote:

The rev2's bass isn't any less awesome, but enjoy. 

Aug 28, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #17,331 of 18,459
Disclaimer: I HAVE NOT HEARD THE REV.1...

BUT... I cannot imagine how the bass could possibly be improved on the rev.2. Some have expressed a lack of extension and presence that (as a bass player) I find bewildering. I don't want to be "that guy" but these claims only make sense to me if there are significant deficiencies in a chain. 

Aug 28, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #17,332 of 18,459

Quote:
Disclaimer: I HAVE NOT HEARD THE REV.1...

BUT... I cannot imagine how the bass could possibly be improved on the rev.2. Some have expressed a lack of extension and presence that (as a bass player) I find bewildering. I don't want to be "that guy" but these claims only make sense to me if there are significant deficiencies in a chain. 

Agreed. The rev2's bass is pretty much perfection, assuming you aren't looking for color. 

Aug 28, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #17,333 of 18,459
Everything in the thread doesn't have to be strictly about the LCD itself.   A little cross pollination of peripheral information can be helpful.  At least a few people in this LCD thread found the very few posts about playback software helpful and may not have found out about it otherwise and now their LCD experience is the better for it.

I did. Thanks.

Aug 28, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #17,334 of 18,459

Quote:
The rev2's bass isn't any less awesome, but enjoy.

More than a few people disagree with you.  I have not owned the rev2, but have some listening time with them.  I didn't hear enough of a difference to merit the upgrade as i said in my post ( does anyone read anything i say anymore lol ) but i see now how one would misunderstand what i meant.  I did not mean the rev2 was any worse than the rev1, i just felt the difference not worth paying the extra few hundred for a new one over a used rev1 with time left on its warranty along with the ego spike in owning an original.  

I found the bass a bit more deep and the mids more prominent than on the rev2.  Just how my ears picked up on it, cant speak for anyone elses experience but my own.

Aug 28, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #17,335 of 18,459

Quote:

More than a few people disagree with you.  I have not owned the rev2, but have some listening time with them.  I didn't hear enough of a difference to merit the upgrade as i said in my post ( does anyone read anything i say anymore lol ) but i see now how one would misunderstand what i meant.  I did not mean the rev2 was any worse than the rev1, i just felt the difference not worth paying the extra few hundred for a new one over a used rev1 with time left on its warranty along with the ego spike in owning an original.  

I found the bass a bit more deep and the mids more prominent than on the rev2.  Just how my ears picked up on it, cant speak for anyone elses experience but my own.

Nothing wrong with owning an original.  

Aug 28, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #17,336 of 18,459
Wise choice.

Quote:

Aug 28, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #17,337 of 18,459
Hey!

This fun is full of awesome stuff :p

How if posible to have +1100 pages of a topic? well.. it is...

I find everything interesting.. the r2 vs r1 debate, even the bitperfect stuff :p

Is easy to just unsuscribe from the thread , or just skip uninteresting posts :p

Keep the spam-thread alive! :)

and.... someday soon I hope I can afford the LCD-2 (sadly, seems I will need to sell my K702/DT990/E7/E9 to fund that)

Aug 29, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #17,338 of 18,459

Quote:

and.... someday soon I hope I can afford the LCD-2 (sadly, seems I will need to sell my K702/DT990/E7/E9 to fund that)

Nah. Just sell your soul, like the rest of us.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back