Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Mar 17, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #3,438 of 6,486
so far listened to my closed more than 20 hours the only thing that make me do a break in the listening .... my lovely AK100 mk2 that stop playing -battery empty
I use glasess and the phone close really hermetic my ears ,cutting all noises from arround 
the confort is nice  hours the phones on my head and the music made forget Ihad them on my head
Ican not tell any relative comparition to any phone (but my tiesto k67)
only I can tell my honest and personal feelings
about the satage I do not feel the sound between my head but all arround me and wow how many accoustic surprices had received
listened a big quantity of flac soundtracks discovering a new level of music reproduction ,some time ago had the  beyers T1 I will not lie to mysef the el8s are far better
the bass is additive deep and accurite ,I added for my personal taste + 3db at 62 hrz and now i AM IN HEAVEN
The tonal accuracy is formidable ,no matter how big is the bass context every subtlle detail is just there ,
the separation between all the elements is very accurate   , 100 gbs of music are waiting to be auditioned
so far WOOOOOOW , I do not buyed for portability only for music pleasure  at home
the AK100 MK2 output was connected to my vorzuge pure II and the output of of the pure to the EL8
the vocals (female) sounded like a private singer in my ears 
my packet did a long trip to me but the foams did a good work and the phones started singing from the first second
oh yes I am proud (very) that decided to take a chance and buy the el8 insteed of other phones

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #3,439 of 6,486
...Does the violin dance across the skin on your face, or does it sit between your ears?...

blink.gif
 What the? 

lol... actually his comment is not as ridiculous as you guys make it sound.

he is talking about the difference in where the sound is perceived. use the center vs twisted test here to kinda illustrate the phenomena that he is talking about:  http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php

differences in sound stage, presentation (intimate/forward/spacious), imaging, and instrument separation can cause people to feel that the violin is "dancing on their face or dancing between their ears"

hahaha! :) hope this is helpful

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #3,440 of 6,486

lol... actually his comment is not as ridiculous as you guys make it sound.

he is talking about the difference in where the sound is perceived. use the center vs twisted test here to kinda illustrate the phenomena that he is talking about:  http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php

differences in sound stage, presentation (intimate/forward/spacious), imaging, and instrument separation can cause people to feel that the violin is "dancing on their face or dancing between their ears"

hahaha! :) hope this is helpful

like the test +1

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #3,442 of 6,486
Hello Bill, high-technology roll-outs can be somewhat fraught, especially given the robbery that put us on our back foot for a week or so. We've carefully examined the failed EL-8s and found a soldering fault. It's been corrected in production so no one who buys a pair will face that issue. 
Thank you,
Audeze

Very cool to actually say what was wrong and not just we have/had an issue that is now fixed kthxbye.

As for all of the other minor tweaks, contact Audeze support. Those guys rock and it'll help improve the overall quality to find faults. Nothing and nobody is perfect and there will be issued with loose connectors I'm sure.

But yeah contact Audeze if you haven't already.

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #3,444 of 6,486
Do you get the impression that the voices are in the center of your head, or are they more in front of you? Does the violin dance across the skin on your face, or does it sit between your ears? Kinda funny questions but I think this could help me a little.

I actually think this is a great way of asking about soundstage. After all the negative comments about this comment I just wanted you to know I absolutely know what you are getting at here. Cool way of saying it I think.

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #3,446 of 6,486
I figure that most people watching this thread are already Audeze fans, but maybe there is someone else out there like me.

I have a hard time enjoying the Audeze treble presentation. It sounds compressed and unrefined to me especially in the vocals. But I just wanted to say that I'll be offering my impressions of the EL8 when my local shop gets them in. I get the sense from impressions that the treble of the EL8 is different (brighter?) And this could be a good thing imo.

Mar 17, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #3,447 of 6,486
I figure that most people watching this thread are already Audeze fans, but maybe there is someone else out there like me.

I have a hard time enjoying the Audeze treble presentation. It sounds compressed and unrefined to me especially in the vocals. But I just wanted to say that I'll be offering my impressions of the EL8 when my local shop gets them in. I get the sense from impressions that the treble of the EL8 is different (brighter?) And this could be a good thing imo.

The treble/bass balance of the Oppo PM-1 w/ stock leather pads was what I didn't care for at my dealer so it will be the air thing I'll be listening for when I go back to audition the EL-8s. I've not listened to an Audeze headphone before but if they balance the treble/bass better they might go home with me.

Bill

Mar 17, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #3,449 of 6,486

Is this one of the old images?

well, audeze el-8 open does cycle up this picture which is the dark veneer version.

i guess i would be personally very surprised if they didn't end up offering this version as it was the more popular color choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back