APureSound: The Ultimate Cable Manufacturer Introduces The V3 Headphone Cable
Jun 27, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #751 of 846
There is no V4 in the near future so purchasing the V3 is safe. There is a lot of stuff on our plate now so the V4 is out of sight.

Here is a teaser of the DT48a with our V3:

dt48a.JPG

I will try to get the rest of them done and added to the site tomorrow.

Thanks,
Alex

Jun 28, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #753 of 846
I'm about to order the HD800 balanced V3 cable and RCA interconnect but have a question regarding sleeving colors...

Is the V3 "Carbon" sleeving color exactly the same as the interconnect "Carbon" sleeving color? To me, it seems a little bit different when I look at the supplied pic on the website. Thanks

Jun 28, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #754 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any news about the APS V3 Portable cable, and expected cost per foot? Thanks!

Still waiting on it. Each additional foot up to 10ft is going to be $10/ft and a base price has not been set yet since my order has still not been completed.

Different manufacturing tests are being done to get it as flexible as possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5Zilla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm about to order the HD800 balanced V3 cable and RCA interconnect but have a question regarding sleeving colors...

Is the V3 "Carbon" sleeving color exactly the same as the interconnect "Carbon" sleeving color? To me, it seems a little bit different when I look at the supplied pic on the website. Thanks

The V3 carbon is is equivalent to the cotton/carbon for interconnects. All V3 cables are cotton insulated so to match you would have to have the interconnect cotton insulated as well.

Thanks,
Alex

Jun 30, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #756 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The V3 carbon is is equivalent to the cotton/carbon for interconnects. All V3 cables are cotton insulated so to match you would have to have the interconnect cotton insulated as well.

Thanks,
Alex

Thanks!! I will order both

1. 5FT Balanced Carbon HD800 with Furutech FP601M Rhodium
2. 1FT Cotton/Carbon RCA to RCA Interconnect with switchcraft RCA

this Friday after I get my paycheck
smily_headphones1.gif

hoping 5ft will be enough for desktop setup

Jul 1, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #758 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice.. Alex, if I buy a 4 pin to 2 3pin XRL adapter would the type of sleeving effect the sound? One of my DT48e has a 4 pin connector..

Sleeving will make no difference what so ever on an adapter cable so choose what ever matches or what ever color you like the most.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5Zilla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks!! I will order both

1. 5FT Balanced Carbon HD800 with Furutech FP601M Rhodium
2. 1FT Cotton/Carbon RCA to RCA Interconnect with switchcraft RCA

this Friday after I get my paycheck
smily_headphones1.gif

hoping 5ft will be enough for desktop setup

Depends on how close the amp is to you. If you are pretty close to your setup then 5ft should cover it no problem. If you want to know the best way to measure an ideal length send me a PM before ordering or ask when placing the order.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan7hos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow that DT48a looks stunning!

Yea I agree. Very interesting looking headphone. Not my type of sound signature at all, but I know a few really enjoy them.
biggrin.gif

-Alex-

Jul 1, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #761 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sleeving will make no difference what so ever on an adapter cable so choose what ever matches or what ever color you like the most.

Depends on how close the amp is to you. If you are pretty close to your setup then 5ft should cover it no problem. If you want to know the best way to measure an ideal length send me a PM before ordering or ask when placing the order.

Yea I agree. Very interesting looking headphone. Not my type of sound signature at all, but I know a few really enjoy them.
biggrin.gif

-Alex-

Thank you Alex. I will get mine today.

Jul 1, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #762 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's the current wait time of recabling if I were to send you my W5000 for a 5 feet V3 balanced cable terminated with Neutrik XLR?

Thanks

Many W5000 owners are pleased with the sound of their V3 recable. Since you love their sound I'd go for it.

Jul 3, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #764 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
6 feet V3 balanced recable clear sleeving with Furutech FP701M connectors

Order placed! But the wait time's 3-4 weeks.
frown.gif

Congrats, I really enjoy my APS balanced W5000. I'd love to hear your impression of them with the Phoenix. Are you sure you only need 6ft though??

Jul 3, 2009 at 6:22 AM Post #765 of 846
Dude, the futurtech 1/4 plug is so bad ass. My jaw nearly dropped.. So heavy and big compared to regular 1/4. The look and build quality really show. Can't say it improves the sound or not.. But well worth the 20.00 I paid for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back