APureSound: The Ultimate Cable Manufacturer Introduces The V3 Headphone Cable
Jun 15, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #736 of 846
^^ thanks for the response.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 16, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #738 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow you just keep cranking out the cables and re-cables Alex! How long does it take you to do a re-cable job on one headphone on average?

Oh and where are all the impressions of the V3? So many owners, so few impressions! Post people! We want/demand impressions!
tongue.gif

Not to brag, but Alex did my SA5000 in a day, and shipped the following day. This was before the tons of orders he gets now. And my SA5000 never looked better. His techinque is flawless, regardless of time, and is a perfectionist.

Jun 16, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #739 of 846
Just wanted to comment on the fine work done on the HD800, looks great as usual Alex
smily_headphones1.gif
HD800 owners we need some impressions!

Jun 16, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #740 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have only used them once and I quite liked them. If I had a chance to work with them again I would be all for it and spend a bit more time looking over them.

Yep those are the only Grado's that I used the Xhadow plugs on.

They are in the same price range as the Xhadow's or Furutechs FP601M but they come in sets.

http://thecableco.com/prodListing.php?cat=80&man=112

Jun 18, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #742 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I should be able to get a hold of them without having to purchase a full set if someone wants them.

Alex

Do you have much insight on the cable used with the new Ultrasone Edition 8s?

Jun 18, 2009 at 11:23 PM Post #743 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alex

Do you have much insight on the cable used with the new Ultrasone Edition 8s?

Not yet, but a pair will be on the way as soon as they ship so I will know soon.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 20, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #746 of 846
Im going to need about 6 4pin xlrs when my Beta22 is done. Alex you seem like the man and I liked all your stuff when TurboDocks were the RAGE.
biggrin.gif

Jun 22, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #747 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im going to need about 6 4pin xlrs when my Beta22 is done. Alex you seem like the man and I liked all your stuff when TurboDocks were the RAGE.
biggrin.gif

Contact us when ever you are ready. We will take good care of you.
beerchug.gif

Jun 23, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #748 of 846
Sounds like a plan to me :p

I am going to Mod a denon also and think your wire is the choice since I would never use Jena anything after the R10 issue. But I do think FallenAngel's all jenawire B22 sounds amazing, would you make similar wire for mine? To connect the boards and stuff to jacks and volume pot?

Jun 27, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #750 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have had my K701 since they were introduced over two years ago. Alex re-cabled them about a month ago but I had refrained from posting impressions untill I had a chance to compare them side by side w/ an stock unit.

Today I met with vorlon1 and compared my APureSound V3 re-cabled K701 with an stock K701. Both units are very close in production w/ mine have a S/N in the 14XX range while vorlon1's is in the 22XX range.

The re-cabled consisted of a techflex covered 10 ft V3 double entry w/ a Furutech 1/4" plug. The idea was not to see how great the re-cable was but to see what level of improvements the V3 offers over the stock cable.

To that effect and to simplify the meet we used an O1 (Octavart) Amp/Dac fed from an iModded 4th Gen 60gB iPod Photo using a Blue Jean Cable Mini to RCA. Please click the thumbnail below to view the full size picture.

IMO the difference is both very noticeable and significant. Some of the improvements I heard were:

- At the same volume setting the headphone is louder. Perhaps the stock cable add to the impedance of the cans.
- The energetic top end has been tamed while allowing it to reach even higher notes.
- It is much easier to place the instruments.
- You can actually tell when a note starts and ends.

However to me the biggest improvement is in the mids. When you compare the two side by side you realize how blurry was the presentation of the stock cable. The V3 clears the blur and allows the notes to be crystal clear with a level of definition and detail not present before.

I hope vorlon1 joins and adds his impressions.

Thanks Alex!
icon10.gif

Alex has the Midas touch
wink_face.gif
Is there a waiting list for V4
ksc75smile.gif
Just going through old post to see what to expect from my recabled DT48a.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back