APureSound: The Ultimate Cable Manufacturer Introduces The V3 Headphone Cable
Jun 10, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #722 of 846
Here is a little write up about the XLR connectors and their differences.

The Neutrik uses a zing diecast body, brass pins covered in gold, and polyamide insulation which is essentially nylon. It also has an end piece made of polyurethane and the strain relief is polyacetal.

The Furutech FP701M is very similar in design, but uses higher quality materials. The body is made of copper alloy, the pins are eutectic cast copper alloy covered with gold, and fiberglass insulation.

The Furutech FP601M on the other hand are a very different design and even better materials using the best out there. The housing is a high grade non magnetic copper alloy body, the pins are beryllium copper and phosphor bronze covered with rhodium, and the insulation is PVDF Teflon.

I hope that is helpful.

Jun 10, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #723 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is a little write up about the XLR connectors and their differences.

The Neutrik uses a zing diecast body, brass pins covered in gold, and polyamide insulation which is essentially nylon. It also has an end piece made of polyurethane and the strain relief is polyacetal.

The Furutech FP701M is very similar in design, but uses higher quality materials. The body is made of copper alloy, the pins are eutectic cast copper alloy covered with gold, and fiberglass insulation.

The Furutech FP601M on the other hand are a very different design and even better materials using the best out there. The housing is a high grade non magnetic copper alloy body, the pins are beryllium copper and phosphor bronze covered with rhodium, and the insulation is PVDF Teflon.

I hope that is helpful.

Are all three available as 4-pin XLR, and what are the cost differences between different 4-pin versions?

Thanks!

Jun 10, 2009 at 11:50 AM Post #725 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are all three available as 4-pin XLR, and what are the cost differences between different 4-pin versions?

Thanks!

Sadly only Neutrik makes high quality 4pin XLR's. There are a few other companies out there, but they are worse than the Neutrik so we do not offer them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XXII /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there any reason why you don't use Xhadow XLRs?

We have used them before on more than one occasion. I prefer the Furutech FP601M to the Xhadow connectors in both the design and materials used.

Below is the Xhadow XLR plugs used on a HP-2.
05.JPG

Thanks,
Alex

Jun 13, 2009 at 12:50 PM Post #728 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sadly only Neutrik makes high quality 4pin XLR's. There are a few other companies out there, but they are worse than the Neutrik so we do not offer them.

We have used them before on more than one occasion. I prefer the Furutech FP601M to the Xhadow connectors in both the design and materials used.

Below is the Xhadow XLR plugs used on a HP-2.
05.JPG

Thanks,
Alex

I know those headphones. They are fantastic with the v3 cable and the Shadow XLRs.
biggrin.gif

Jun 13, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #729 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know those headphones. They are fantastic with the v3 cable and the Shadow XLRs.
biggrin.gif

Grado HP1000?

Jun 14, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #731 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by a_tumiwa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sir, how much to be added for etymotic 4`s jack connector?

Are you looking for the ER4 connectors or the APureSound ER4 cable?

Quote:

Originally Posted by M3NTAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the price increase for the Shadows? They would look correct on the HD800

$140 for the Xhadow XLR's since we don't keep them in stock.

Thanks,
Alex

Jun 14, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #734 of 846
Quote:

I am pretty sure those are my HP-2s Alex recabled with his v3 and the Xhadow's XLR's I sent in.

I'm sure you must know that HP-2's are an HP-1000 (just as HP-1 and HP-3 are).

Jun 15, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #735 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any opinion on the oyaide focus 1 xlr connectors?

thanks

OYAIDE ELEC,co,.ltd.

I have only used them once and I quite liked them. If I had a chance to work with them again I would be all for it and spend a bit more time looking over them.

Quote:

I am pretty sure those are my HP-2s Alex recabled with his v3 and the Xhadow's XLR's I sent in.

Yep those are the only Grado's that I used the Xhadow plugs on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back