APureSound: The Ultimate Cable Manufacturer Introduces The V3 Headphone Cable
Sep 27, 2007 at 10:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 846

[AK]Zip

Member of the Trade: APureSound
As many of you already know, APureSound provides the best possible sound through our large variety of cables, upgrades, modifications and custom sound equipment. We have been around for some time now and after 2 years of research and development, we believe that we have really outdone our selfs with our new headphone cable.

APureSound is proud to present you with the V3 headphone cable. Over two years of research and development, we believe we created the ultimate headphone recable option. This cable is not like any other cable on the market today. The V3 cable has by far surpassed its predecessor, the V2 cable, which was considered on par or better than all others in its class in design, style, function, and quality. This is the ultimate headphone recable option.

The new V3 cable is made of a very high purity copper cored silver wire covered in two layers of Teflon. The first layer of Teflon is applied while the wire is still VERY hot and is a very thin layer. This keeps oxygen from building up on the wire. The 2nd layer is applied right after that which is a much thicker layer than the 1st. It becomes one solid layer of Teflon once complete, but is a two step process. The left and right channel wires are twisted into pairs and separated each in its own layer of pure cotton insulation for the ultimate audio experience. Cardas Quad Eutectic solder is used to achieve the best possible contact between the wire and the connection.

We offer a Super Nylon sleeving which is softer, lighter, and more flexible than the standard sleeving that we offer.

Below you can see the possible options of available sleeving colors for the V3 headphone cable.

Clear:

Click image to enlarge.

Carbon:

Click image to enlarge.

Black:

Click image to enlarge.

Super Nylon:

Click image to enlarge.

APureSound heatshrink will be added to the cable as a brand of authenticity.

All prices above include cable installation if needed unless noted above. For each additional foot add $15.

[size=medium]Photo Gallery[/size]

We also make adapter cables. These adapters were designed to match the V3 headphone cable giving you the flexibility of being able to use multiple different types of amplifiers. Also, it gives you the freedom of having an extension cable if needed.

For each additional foot add $15. Custom adapters are available please contact us for a quote.

[size=medium]Photo Gallery[/size]

Custom colors and connectors are available at an additional cost.
For some headphones to convert from single entry to dual entry please add $30 to the recable cost.
Custom length requests, including non-exact feet lengths, are available upon request at scaled normal cost.
The wire was designed by and specially manufactured for APureSound and is not available anywhere else.

Thanks,
Alex
APureSound - Where The Music Is Always Pure

Sep 27, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #2 of 846
Already ordered for my w5000s
eek.gif

Sep 27, 2007 at 11:00 PM Post #4 of 846
And i happen to be the owner of the last V2 Cable made!

I saw the V3 cable during production, and i cant wait till i get a new pair for alex to recable!

Sep 27, 2007 at 11:13 PM Post #5 of 846
How do you plug it into your headphone
blink.gif
And i don't get what the pricelist means..blah

Sep 27, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #8 of 846
Congrats on the new cable Alex, looking forward to hearing the V3! Oh and what's the basis for the design of your new logo?

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidw89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you plug it into your headphone
blink.gif
And i don't get what the pricelist means..blah

[AK]Zip will do the work of installing the cable onto your headphones if you send them to him. That's essentially what the price table is, the cable cost and his installation.

Sep 28, 2007 at 12:19 AM Post #9 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the reason behind posting prices of 1ft, 2ft, 3ft, and even 4ft. I am trying to visualize a headphone like a K701 or an HD600 with a 2ft cable.
confused.gif

The smaller length cables are geared towards portable recabled headphones (my best guess).

Sep 28, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #10 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the reason behind posting prices of 1ft, 2ft, 3ft, and even 4ft. I am trying to visualize a headphone like a K701 or an HD600 with a 2ft cable.
confused.gif

Believe it or not, but I had someone have me recable a pair of CD3000's with a cable just under 2ft in length so that they can put them into their MP3 player and put the MP3 player into their shirt pocket. I was amazed with such and order so I figured I might as well add all possibilities.

-Alex-

Sep 28, 2007 at 12:54 AM Post #11 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on the new cable Alex, looking forward to hearing the V3! Oh and what's the basis for the design of your new logo?

The logo was designed and drawn by me. It was drawn with the intent of leaving the idea of what exactly it is open to interpretation. I wanted something very original as that is the entire concept and basis of my company.

-Alex-

Sep 28, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #12 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mher6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The smaller length cables are geared towards portable recabled headphones (my best guess).

I actually have a special cables designed specifically for portable headphones as you see with the KSC35, EW9, and others on my site.

I am reworking the products page to incorporate cable details and prices directly onto the site that way it is easier for both my customers and myself.

Thanks,
Alex

Sep 28, 2007 at 1:10 AM Post #13 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Believe it or not, but I had someone have me recable a pair of CD3000's with a cable just under 2ft in length so that they can put them into their MP3 player and put the MP3 player into their shirt pocket. I was amazed with such and order so I figured I might as well add all possibilities.

-Alex-

Thanks, learn something new everyday!

Miguel

Sep 28, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #14 of 846
congrats alex.

the new cable looks great. i'm sure they sound wonderful as well, just like all your other cables. love the logo too
smily_headphones1.gif

one question. are you going to offer different types of XLR connectors for balanced headphones other than neutrik - such as, vampire, xhadow, or furutech.

Sep 28, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #15 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
congrats alex.

the new cable looks great. i'm sure they sound wonderful as well, just like all your other cables. love the logo too
smily_headphones1.gif

one question. are you going to offer different types of XLR connectors for balanced headphones other than neutrik - such as, vampire, xhadow, or furutech.

I would be more then happy to use any 1/4in, 1/8in, or XLR connector that is not the standard connectors that I use. There will be an additional cost of whatever the connectors cost + shipping, but I will not charge anything extra on top of that for using custom connectors.

Thanks,
Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back