APureSound: The Ultimate Cable Manufacturer Introduces The V3 Headphone Cable
Sep 28, 2007 at 5:15 AM Post #16 of 846
Alex, great looking cables as usual !!!
wink.gif

I got a question for you, where exactly will you put the APureSound sleeve on the cable ? Directly on the plug ?

Sep 28, 2007 at 2:06 PM Post #18 of 846
Congrats Alex! I will also recommend Alex for amp mods / repair, and know first hand he is very familiar with STAX and the Blue Hawaii, as well as Milletts / SOHA / M³... oh, and the occasional Zap Filter / source mod.

Balanced v3 order incoming... well, once I get some dynamic phones.

Sep 28, 2007 at 2:24 PM Post #19 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alex, great looking cables as usual !!!
wink.gif

I got a question for you, where exactly will you put the APureSound sleeve on the cable ? Directly on the plug ?

The heatshrink can go on a few possible different places depending on what termination type is going to be used on the cable. There are very many different terminations available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is copper cored silver the same as silver plated copper?

The V2 cable was high grade silver plated copper wire. The V3 is not a plating. The construction of the wire is different so it is no longer a plating. This concept took around 2 years to design and months to be manufactured. In the end it was all very well worth it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electron Tube /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Silver plate means there is a thin plate of silver over copper. Copper core means there is is either a large amount of silver over the copper or almost completely silver with a small core made of copper.

You are partly correct, but it is no longer a plating. There is in fact a lot more silver then copper in the V3, but so was the V2. I called the V2 wire silver plated copper because the idea of how the cable is constructed was familiar by many audiophiles and it was a plating.

Sep 28, 2007 at 3:32 PM Post #20 of 846
Alex, a while ago you mentioned on this board that silver core cables are not good for headphone applications from durability perspective. How does your new design address fragile nature of the silver?
Thanks.

Sep 28, 2007 at 4:46 PM Post #22 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alex, a while ago you mentioned on this board that silver core cables are not good for headphone applications from durability perspective. How does your new design address fragile nature of the silver?
Thanks.

I didn't say silver core cables are bad. I said SOLID core cables are bad because they are fragile since it is just a single strand of wire. My cables do not use solid core wire.

I hope that clears up some things.

Thanks,
Alex

Sep 28, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #23 of 846
In what way is copper cored silver cable superior to just plain old silver cable?

Nice looking stuff btw, but that is nothing new from you.
cool.gif

Sep 28, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #25 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As many of you already know, APureSound provides the best possible sound through our large variety of cables, upgrades, modifications and custom sound equipment. We have been around for some time now and after 2 years of research and development, we believe that we have really outdone our selfs with our new headphone cable.

er, is there someone other than you doing this Alex?

Sep 29, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #28 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In what way is copper cored silver cable superior to just plain old silver cable?

Nice looking stuff btw, but that is nothing new from you.
cool.gif

From all the tests I have done through the years of design I would say the best part of it is that you don't have the harshness you sometimes get with pure silver wire and the amazing deep bass you get with copper is still there as well. The overall sound doesn't sound thin like with some of the pure silver wire out.

It is hard to compare as I have tried a hand full different grades of pure silver and each with different results, but though most of them were close.

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
er, is there someone other than you doing this Alex?

I have someone taking over packing, shipping, and soon taking orders. I will continue to do all the builds and designs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I might have to buy from you, the connection on the left driver of my SR100 is cutting. : (

I am sorry to hear about that. I really am not a fan of most stock Grado cables. Let me know if I can be of a service to you.

Thanks,
Alex

Sep 29, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #29 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on the new cable Alex, looking forward to hearing the V3! Oh and what's the basis for the design of your new logo?

[AK]Zip will do the work of installing the cable onto your headphones if you send them to him. That's essentially what the price table is, the cable cost and his installation.

Er i have to send my headphones to you guys to do it? Does that include postage return? Only for high end IEM headphones?

Sep 29, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #30 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidw89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Er i have to send my headphones to you guys to do it? Does that include postage return? Only for high end IEM headphones?

The V3 headphone cable is for all full size headphones. Anything from the AKG K701 to the Sennheiser HD650 to the Sony R10.

Some of these headphone don't require you to send in the headphones because they have a detachable cable. The Sennheiser HD650 and Qualia 010 are just to name a few.

This cable is not for IEM's at all. The only current IEM upgrade cable we offer is for the Etymotic ER4's.

Return shipping is not included in the price. Only the cost of the cable / labor is included in the price.

Thanks,
Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back