APureSound: The Ultimate Cable Manufacturer Introduces The V3 Headphone Cable
Jul 20, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #781 of 846
The HD800 connectors are now available to purchase for DIY. We are having an introductory price on the first 100 sets of connectors at $35/set + shipping. Get them while you can at this low price. The connectors are available to ship immediately.

To order please go to the link below and fill out the information.

APureSound - Order Page

hd800c.JPG

hd800c2.JPG

Thanks,
Alex

Jul 21, 2009 at 4:08 AM Post #784 of 846
What size cable do you recommend using with this size connector? 24 gauge?

Jul 21, 2009 at 1:36 PM Post #785 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by XXII /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally
tongue.gif

How long will it take existing HD800 cable orders to go out?

Depends on where you are on the order list. Send me a PM with your full name and I can look it up for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by googlephone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What size cable do you recommend using with this size connector? 24 gauge?

Size really depends on a few things. Is the cable solid core or stranded? If stranded how many strands? What type of insulation and how thick is it? Needless to say I am sure it is obvious there is a limit with these connectors due to the size inside.

I would say nothing larger than 20-22 gauge will fit inside. The thicker the wire the harder it will be to work with the connectors and it also has a bit to do with skill level as well.

Thanks,
Alex

Jul 22, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #786 of 846
Any update on the UE11Pro cable yet, have been waiting a long time for this.

Aug 7, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #788 of 846
We are still working on the UE cable. We have gone through a lot of connector designs and spent a lot of time testing each one to make sure there are no week spots. We are doing our best to get this finished as quickly as possible, but we spend a lot of time designing and testing cables to make sure they are the best possible cable with no design flaws so that we can offer lifetime warranty.

Thanks,
Alex

Aug 7, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #789 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We are still working on the UE cable. We have gone through a lot of connector designs and spent a lot of time testing each one to make sure there are no week spots. We are doing our best to get this finished as quickly as possible, but we spend a lot of time designing and testing cables to make sure they are the best possible cable with no design flaws so that we can offer lifetime warranty.

Thanks,
Alex

Be sure to offer one that is at least 6 feet long with a 4-pin XLR!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 7, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #790 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Be sure to offer one that is at least 6 feet long with a 4-pin XLR!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Does CM improve with balanced amp? Even if it does, it doesn't make sense to use it as portable because the connector and XLR > 1/4" adapter is quite heavy.

Aug 7, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #791 of 846
No a balanced cable would most likely be for home use. I have the ER4 balanced to 2 x 3-pin xlr V2 by Alex for home use and what an awesome phone that is.

Aug 7, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #792 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by C.L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does CM improve with balanced amp? Even if it does, it doesn't make sense to use it as portable because the connector and XLR > 1/4" adapter is quite heavy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No a balanced cable would most likely be for home use. I have the ER4 balanced to 2 x 3-pin xlr V2 by Alex for home use and what an awesome phone that is.

Yeah, it would be for UE11Pro, JH13pro and ES3X with a home amp - Single Power Square Wave XL balanced or Eddie Current ZDT.

Aug 9, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #793 of 846
Hi Alex, I know you guys are working very hard and overtime to catchup with build list but I would like to know the progress on my two cables. Its already been a month so I sent an email to Heli this Thursday but I haven't got any reply yet. I don't want to rush you guys but its tough to see my brand new balanced amp and HD800 sitting in corner of my room just collecting dust.
frown.gif

Perhaps I'm getting too impatient
redface.gif

Aug 13, 2009 at 6:06 AM Post #794 of 846
5 weeks already passed. No response from neither emails nor pm. Now I am getting really frustrated. I really hope the final product will be exceptionally well or else this hassle does not worth it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back