APureSound: The Ultimate Cable Manufacturer Introduces The V3 Headphone Cable
Oct 22, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #811 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alex, are you still planning on making a PC? & I will make arrangements for the 50 ohm 1/4 to 1/4 adapter next month.. Thanks again, buddy!!

By PC do you mean power cable? If so we already offer power cables. There is an all out power cable that I have a prototype of, but taking into consideration the cost of the cable and the time it takes to build one I don't think I would ever be able to sell it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by C.L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any updates yet? Portable v3?

We are waiting on samples for 2 different companies now. If both of these do not come up to expectations we will just back down to the initial portable V3 cable design and go from there without the new insulation type.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonwatch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know how many UE11Pro owners are in the same boat, my original cables have oxidized for months but I have been holding off on replacements waiting for the portable V3 cable to come out. Is there a rough timeframe for it's release?

The UE cables are a completely separate cable from the portable V3. It does not use the same wire or design. We are still working on the design to make sure the cables do not fail at the connectors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubu1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alex,
Can you rewire AKG 702's from single ended to a balanced configuration?
Thanks,
Tom

Tom,

I sent you a PM about this. Sadly the K702 can not be made as a true balanced cable since it uses a mini 3pin XLR connector which forces you to share ground. With true balanced ground has to be separated (left from right).

Nov 19, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #812 of 846
[size=small]Hi Alex,

I know you are still investigating options for the portable V3 cable.

My question: is the ER4 one of the "beneficiaries" of the coming portable V3? (I realize your company site indicates your ER4 cable employs high grade copper cabling. I wondered if you were planning to use the coming portable V3 with the ER4.) If so, is it possible for you to upgrade the stock cable of custom ER4 IEMs?

Even though I will probably end up getting the Jerry Harvey IEM's, I wouldn't mind a lower cost IEM with great sonics for some portable venues. After all, there are some places one would not want to be with $1100 IEM's!
wink.gif
[/size]

[size=small]
Incidentally, the ER4 IEM I have in mind is the ER4B, which was actually the original ER4 IEM, until some complained about it being "too bright," influencing Etymotics to release the later ER4S and ER4P designs. (Nevertheless, there are critical reviewers who consider the ER4B to be the true king of the ER4 line-up.) I hope you would not have a problem using high grade resistors matched to the ER4B instead of the more common ER4S/ER4P version.[/size]

Dec 2, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #813 of 846
The Mini V3 cable will be available for all portable headphones. We are finally having progress again. I have received a few more sample runs from different manufactures and I am running tests on them now. The Mini V3 will use a similar wire to the very well known and loved V3 cable except it will be constructed in such a way to have flexibility, lightness, and portability in mind. It will be the perfect cable for all portable needs.

Once the Mini V3 is released upon request I can build a Mini V3 based ER4 cable no problem, but there are no plans of the Mini V3 wire replacing the current ER4. I am willing to use most any resistors to build the cable as a custom request, but I must be able to fit them somewhere where I feel comfortable enough that the cable will not fail later since we offer lifetime warranty on all of our products.

Please feel free to email me directly if you would like to discuss this more and I will happily answer any questions you may have. alex@apuresound.com

Thanks,
Alex

Dec 13, 2009 at 8:11 AM Post #815 of 846
Love my 1/4 to 1/4 50 ohm adapter.. Actually it's more the just a adapter.. It has a imbilical cord. One part has a lock where you plug in your phones.. Then there is a cord to a nice looking 1/4 plug. I was just expecting a adapter and got much more. I also sent in my 1951 S/N 108 DT48a.. They are more hardcore then the Modern DT48a, making them subdued and almost a hint of being musical...

Dec 22, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #817 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks again Alex for saving another one of my DT48a, and for the OHM adapter.

I hope you enjoy them. They are on their way back to you.
beerchug.gif

And people complain about the clamping with the Sennheiser headphones... They really need to try these.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 24, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #818 of 846
APureSound now has the HE-5 headphones in stock. We will be selling the headphones along with our APureSound V3 cable of your choice at a fantastic price. I am working on putting together a new page no the APureSound web site which will have pricing and information about this deal. Ordering through us will not only yield you a lower overall price, but a faster shipping time and the ultimate upgrade cable as well.

For now either PM or email for details.

Thanks,
Alex

Dec 24, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #819 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
APureSound now has the HE-5 headphones in stock. We will be selling the headphones along with our APureSound V3 cable of your choice at a fantastic price. I am working on putting together a new page no the APureSound web site which will have pricing and information about this deal. Ordering through us will not only yield you a lower overall price, but a faster shipping time and the ultimate upgrade cable as well.

For now either PM or email for details.

Thanks,
Alex

Cool...

Dec 26, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #822 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Darn! that cable sure looks nice. I look at my HE5 and the balance on my checking account ... need time to get some $$$.
wink.gif

We are ready when ever you are.
biggrin.gif

Dec 28, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #823 of 846
I am still working on the HE-5 page, but I have managed to get quite a few images edited of other headphones. Enjoy!

Different versions of the Beyerdynamic DT48:

Click image to enter photo gallery.

-Alex-

Dec 28, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #825 of 846
Lots of eye candy indeed!
biggrin.gif

Have to say I am quite tempted by the HiFiMAN HE-5..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back