Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread.
Jul 27, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #1,291 of 3,813
Quote:
Boringer - got your email!

Great...! Thanks GG...
size]

Jul 27, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #1,292 of 3,813
Quote:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems Shikada san has once built a desktop amp for the idevices.
The following picture was linked from his Facebook with the title "My Works" 
size]

I got this video link from the A2P homepage, the TU-05 and TUR-06 are shown on 01.48 - 01.58... 
size]

And they looks so awesome...! 
size]

PS. I hope it's okay to put this link here. If not please kindly buzz me. Thanks.

Nice find on the video. They actually caught me whizzing by right to left 19-22 sec into the video with my camera around my neck :p.

Jul 27, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #1,294 of 3,813
woodcans - got your email!

p.s. today here it's 35 degrees celsius, tomorrow germany happily awaits up to 40 degres celsius, i feel like a t-bone steak on the grill. i recommend VERY open headphones for today and tomorrow or some iem therapy!

Jul 27, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #1,295 of 3,813
portability and battery operation is definitively a plus !  
biggrin.gif

Jul 27, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #1,298 of 3,813
DIY tube rings:

it's so hot here, no chance to sleep, so i decided to make some prototypes after my last post.

i did some research, the tube rings offered on the tubedepot website are made out of teflon because of the heat resistance (not a design problem here) and have titanium rings to fix the ring on the tube, titanium because it would be resistant to the magnetic induction of current. i decided to use plastic instead.

i had some plastic tubes 'on stock', they were originally made for electrical installations as endpoint for cables to connect the cable for example to a switch for in the wall installations. in addition i used foamrubber as damper / material to absorb vibrations:

a benefit of the plastic tubes is that they have inner rings so the foamrubber will be kept in place when pressing the ring over the tube:

i cutted four of this parts out of four plastic tubes and four pieces of foam rubber to be used as inner sleeves:

here you can see one of these plastic rings, a piece of foamrubber, and the top and bottom side of such a ring with foamrubber as sleeve.

here you can see a tube with ring.

and here all parts together.

this is the tu-05, all tubes with tube ring.

Jul 27, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #1,299 of 3,813
first listening impressions - tu-05 - lorenz df96 / tung-sol ken rad dl92 - with tube rings:

listening to angelo branduardi and j. s. bach, toccata and fuge d-minor, i have the feeling, that bass quality and texture is further improved, the whole sound seems more stable, everything seems to sound even more natural and effortless and even more real as before.

i would not a/b this in a double blind test, some more listening needed, i am very interested in the results when listening to some tracks i really know and used to listen to.

Jul 27, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #1,301 of 3,813
GG,

Firstly I have sent you an email, thank you !

Secondly, those are some serious tube rings! I tried with just silicone rubber rings but had mixed results. Whilst they gave for me a darker background I felt they took a little energy away from the music, I am going to try your method though and see how that goes!

I really love your ingenuity !

Jul 27, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #1,303 of 3,813
Oh shoot! I knew I forgot something :D

Jul 27, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #1,304 of 3,813
Quote:
GG,

Firstly I have sent you an email, thank you !

Secondly, those are some serious tube rings! I tried with just silicone rubber rings but had mixed results. Whilst they gave for me a darker background I felt they took a little energy away from the music, I am going to try your method though and see how that goes!

I really love your ingenuity !

this could really be the case, a very good description, just a little, little bit less engaging sound, thought about this while listening to paul simon - graceland.

hmmm?

p.s. thanks for your statement about the tube rings, at least i will work on that orange colour, maybe black shrink-on tube will help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back