2007 NBA Playoffs Thread
May 14, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #241 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He does it with his face every single time he hears a whistle blow on D. Getting really, really annoying to have to see that.

EVERYBODY makes a face or shakes their head or does something... wth are you talking about? Duncan isnt the only player in the nba who shows a reaction after a call. I could say the same thing about anybody...ESPECIALLY phoenix's coach D'Antoni...THAT guy's a whiner. Everytime they show him he's stomping around with his big mouth open yelling at someone. Not to mention Amari and his little immature comments about calls from games past. You wont see the Spurs making negative comments about another team.

May 14, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #242 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EVERYBODY makes a face or shakes their head or does something... wth are you talking about? Duncan isnt the only player in the nba who shows a reaction after a call. I could say the same thing about anybody...ESPECIALLY phoenix's coach D'Antoni...THAT guy's a whiner. Everytime they show him he's stomping around with his big mouth open yelling at someone. Not to mention Amari and his little immature comments about calls from games past. You wont see the Spurs making negative comments about another team.

Just making a note about his funny expression, and yes I am aware that every player and coach in the NBA complains.

I'm not sure what the hell Amare was thinking when he made those public comments about the Spurs. Pissing off San Antonio fans may or may not fire him up, but the extra crowd noise and distraction surely can't help the rest of the Phoenix team when playing on the road.

May 14, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #243 of 378
Tough loss for the GS Warriors tonight...

Jerry Sloan played the textbook "How To Beat Nellie Small-Ball" game tonight and did it better than most. Pound the snot out of it inside, use most of the shot clock and work off the ball for high percentage shots. Don't take 3-s as the primary weapon and only run when you've got numbers. Double-team Nellies hot scorer, swarm him and take him out of rhythm. Expect more of the same in Utah, and its safe to say they'll commit fewer turnovers.

GREAT game for Derek Fisher. I've always liked him and enjoyed his contribution to the Warriors the past few seasons. No answer for Boozer will spell the end for this team.

In the playoffs you live and die with the 3, tonight the Warriors died.

Its gonna be tough for my team, but theres still hope.
biggrin.gif

Great win for Chicago today too.

May 15, 2007 at 5:14 AM Post #244 of 378
Nice game tonight. Although, I am upset with the loss but the Suns play great in final stretch. Robert Horry probably will recieve a suspension on the next game. His foul to nash was uncall for.

May 15, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #245 of 378
MVP!!! MVP!!! MVP!!!

horry is nothing but a sorry loser...........straight up. i would have jumped at him as well. this dude should be suspended for the rest of the season(2 games if u want to be exact
smily_headphones1.gif
) if anyone saw the game tonight, you just experienced basketball changing right in front of you. nasty defense and dirty fouls should be left in the streets, they should play the way it is suppose to be, FUN.

suns = nba champs
thats coming from a laker fan, but i'm a basketball fan as well. and what the suns are doing is good for the game if the suns failed to make it to the final because of suspension that tcle stupid robert horry started ratings would drop dramaticly. i'm sick and tired of them boring spurs.

run and gun baby

May 15, 2007 at 5:52 AM Post #246 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

nahh the spurs are too good to give negative comments. they'll just give you a cheap shot.
smily_headphones1.gif

tim duncan is good but we all know that on the years that he won the mvp awards that he got j kidd and kg deserve it better than him. if u have been watching the nba these past several years...........then you know what i'm talking about.
on the ither hand nash is a clear favorite every year......if u are a basketball fan u got to love his game

May 15, 2007 at 6:06 AM Post #248 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the Suns players that got off the bench (to fight) get suspended next game, Robert Horry will be a genius. Hope Stern doesn't do that...

Knowing Stern he probably will. IMO, Stern is a stain on the face of the NBA and needs to retire.

May 15, 2007 at 6:33 AM Post #249 of 378
Stu Jackson is the guy that doles out punishment in the NBA, not Stern. Amare might be let off the hook with the whole checking in for offense excuse. I never liked that black and white "leave the bench" rule; your first reaction is to help your teammate and basketball is an emotional game. It's hard to restrain yourself when your star player gets blasted like that. They should make something like a "minimum distance from the altercation" rule so you can correct yourself before adding to the problem. Or maybe a "no physical contact" rule so guys can react but can't touch people that were on the court. Funny how the Suns were involved in the event that caused this rule to be made, and now they might get burned by it and also be the reason why it's changed. It'll be intriguing on how the league handles it, if they suspend Amare they are screwing over their most marketable team, it's in their best interest to keep him around. I'm not very optimistic though, they're usually very by the book on this stuff.

I few things I noticed in the game...
How the hell does Bowen go 2.5 quarters without a single foul? He was riding Nash all night, and slapping him on the arms/wrists as well. I think I counted about 6 fouls up to the point Bowen was hit with his first. It seemed Nash sorta figured out Bowen a bit at the end of the game, he started to use his shoulder to create space. It's hard for Bowen to take a charge with him jumpin around and bumping Nash constantly.

Amare really needs to harness the power of the reverse layup. He's much faster than Duncan but always tried to go straight up, he should beat him to the other side of the bucket for an easy layup instead of going for the poster every time.

Barbosa should try playing defense with his feet sometime. There's no excuse for him getting beat off the dribble by a much slower Finley. He reaches too much and gets burned. Reach in the passing lanes, not when defending the ball.

Kurt Thomas is putting on a clinic on how to defend in the post. Duncan is putting on a clinic on how to score in the post. Duncan is just really really good. It's a treat to watch.

And the (L)East...
rolleyes.gif

May 15, 2007 at 6:45 AM Post #252 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by ojnihs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stu Jackson or not, Stern is ruining the game of basketball. Period.

I disagree, he's a big part of why the NBA is doing so well.

May 15, 2007 at 6:55 AM Post #253 of 378
david stern is ruining the game. he's turning the players moral models for the youth. a liitle confrontation happens on any sport, but nba is really tripping on thier ultra strict rule. if u can remember, in the beggining of the season t's were thrown left and right which caused many expert to criticize stern, suprisingly enough most of the referees melow down. nba is succesful in some major cities but tv ratings are down and thoose that are not major basketball teams aare experiencing poor attendance. if u listen to sportshow some announcer call stern as the most powerful man in sports or the godfather ...............not a possiive thing.

May 15, 2007 at 1:55 PM Post #254 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by floydenheimer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kurt Thomas is putting on a clinic on how to defend in the post. Duncan is putting on a clinic on how to score in the post. Duncan is just really really good. It's a treat to watch.

Agreed, and I love the takes.

Here's mine. Some of you guys need to go to the ESPN boards instead with the silly, and weak I might add, trash talk? I thought head-fi'ers could be more civil, and we all could benefit from different perspectives.

Amare needs to harness the power or defensive footwork as well and get with Barbosa in the off season for a defense clinic. I could almost feel the cheeks of Phoenix fans clench when he came out to defend the pick n roll. Who knows who he would be defending in two seconds - could be the beer guy in the second row.

Anyone ever get the feeling that the Spurs are one magical moment, like yesterday's comeback, from changing from veteran status to just plain old status? When the Suns made their comeback, San Antonio looked gassed on both ends.

For all the whining about Tim Duncan's whining, Nash was just as bad. Beside the "check", my favorite non basketball moment of the series happened in the fourth quarter. Nash drives the lane and goes up for a "create contact" lay-up. Duncan is whistled and does his "who me" schtick. A second later Nash spreads out his arms like he's being crucified and yells out, "yeah, that's right", knodding his head. I wonder if his complaining finally paid dividends in that fourth quarter. Maybe, the refs just felt bad for jobbing the suns last game. Maybe the NBA wants the series to go seven. (crazy conspiracy theory alert). Whatever the case, the whistles were very Suns' friendly in the fourth.

It was just great basketball and a pleasure to watch. Once again, I'll paraphrase Steve Kerr who said that game could be a turning point for the Suns. It felt like that didn't it? It felt like Phoenix turned a little corner. Next, I'll paraphrase Nash who said we'll see after the playoffs. You're right Stevie, and I can't wait for Wednesday night.

May 15, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #255 of 378
Quote:

It was just great basketball and a pleasure to watch. Once again, I'll paraphrase Steve Kerr who said that game could be a turning point for the Suns. It felt like that didn't it? It felt like Phoenix turned a little corner. Next, I'll paraphrase Nash who said we'll see after the playoffs. You're right Stevie, and I can't wait for Wednesday night.

Whoever win the wednesday night game will probably wrap the series. It was a joy last night to see the two team play. The Spurs might end up loosing this battle because Ginobili is putting one the worst play off performance ever. His shooting percentage is not even 30% yet. Agreed with Kurt Thomas. He was very good and almost didn't miss any open shots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back