2007 NBA Playoffs Thread
May 12, 2007 at 4:29 PM Post #226 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I seldom make pronouncements like this, but Detroit will now win the NBA championship

I like this. Put it all on the line! Sorry about the partial quote, but who needs a stinkin' qualifier?
biggrin.gif

I picked the Spurs to win it all in page one, and I'm stickin' to it!
3000smile.gif

The Warriors go as their 3 point shoot does:

gm3 - 47%
gm2 - 44%
gm1 - 35%

I'm sure that awesome home crowd doesn't hurt either.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 12, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #227 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like this. Put it all on the line! Sorry about the partial quote, but who needs a stinkin' qualifier?
biggrin.gif

I picked the Spurs to win it all in page one, and I'm stickin' to it!
3000smile.gif

The Warriors go as their 3 point shoot does:

gm3 - 47%
gm2 - 44%
gm1 - 35%

I'm sure that awesome home crowd doesn't hurt either.
smily_headphones1.gif

I picked Dallas over Detroit in six. Guess I'll have to amend that:

Detroit over San Antonio in seven.

May 13, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #228 of 378
san antonio boredomes won again.............i really hope the suns and the warriors make it to the west semis.

i'm rooting for the suns since they are fun to watch......that's coming from a kobe fan(not a laker fas as of now)

san antonio basketball should not be televised they are just too boring.
i would rather sit in class than watch the a spur game and see duncan's stupid poker face.
spurs=boring

May 13, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #229 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by lutwey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
san antonio boredomes won again.............i really hope the suns and the warriors make it to the west semis.

i'm rooting for the suns since they are fun to watch......that's coming from a kobe fan(not a laker fas as of now)

i would rather sit in class than watch the a spur game and see duncan's stupid poker face.
spurs=boring

aw boohoo
rolleyes.gif

When did people stop caring about winning games, and start focusing entirely on who's "fun" to watch?

May 13, 2007 at 3:18 AM Post #231 of 378
Quote:

spurs=boring

Then sit and try to learn in class.
wink.gif
I know that the Spurs are not the most exciting team to watch but they so fundamental sounds and they play great as a team. The Suns will be in trouble whenever Steve Nash is out of the game. Amare is too young and still lacking some basketball IQs.

May 13, 2007 at 4:43 AM Post #233 of 378
all i can say is that the spurs are a dirty bunch of folks.

or not =P

bowen's knee shot to nash's groin seemed intentional to me!

May 13, 2007 at 5:02 AM Post #234 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
all i can say is that the spurs are a dirty bunch of folks.

or not =P

bowen's knee shot to nash's groin seemed intentional to me!

What?! Bowen... that dirty *(&#@%

May 13, 2007 at 1:04 PM Post #235 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by floydenheimer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hinrich and Billups are the same size, 6'3" 190-200 lbs. Hinrich is only in his 4th year while Billups is in his 13th. At this stage of Hinrich's career, he's ahead of where Billups was. No one thought Billups would ever be this good, he was tagged as a career backup. Hinrich is fine, he will continue to improve and be a solid PG for his career. Ben Gordon is the weak link since he's a tiny SG, he's the same size as Billups and Hinrich. You're right on Wallace and Brown, you can't have 2 guys like that in your front court, you need someone to make the defense stay honest in the paint. The Bulls aren't a great team, they're a good team with some holes to fill. Jermaine O'neal, Ty Thomas, and Wallace would be a nice rotation.

I didn't realize that Hinrich was the same size as Billups. He seems to play much smaller than his actual size, and he looks almost fragile compared to the more bulky Billups and Gordon.

And for the record: Billups is in his 10th season, though you still make some good/valid points.

May 13, 2007 at 2:38 PM Post #236 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by nibiyabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The east is a joke. The Pistons would be maybe the five or six seed in the west at best, and none of the other teams in the east would have made it.

As much as I hate Detroit, they are still the best TEAM out there. They play like a well oiled machine. San Antonio? Boring basketball and Duncan whines more than Rosie O'Donnell.

May 13, 2007 at 3:20 PM Post #237 of 378
Kudos to the ABC sound engineers. The microphones picked up some great stuff. Send that team to TNT please! They know their Dolby Digital.

I was rooting for the Suns so maybe it's bias, but it seemed Phoenix got the shaft on a couple calls in the fourth quarter - Amari's attempted dunk and several of Nash's drives. Of course, Thomas and Marion got away with their share as well, but those two missed calls were when the Suns were desperately trying to claw back in the game. The lack of a whistle there seemed iffy.

Phoenix looked like a team trying too hard the second half. So you're telling me the crowd wasn't a factor? It's interesting how that Spur salty D will wear on you even more when the fans aren't there to give you a lift.

In the second half, the Suns were over rotating on D and watching Nash too much until he got in the paint.

Does anyone else love how San Antonio makes runs with their defense? In the middle of the second, those screws got tight, and it was over.

No pressure Phoenix, but you have to win the next one. Otherwise sayonara baby.

May 13, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #238 of 378
About 20 mins until tipoff for the Bulls/Pistons game 3. I'd like to see the Bulls pull through, but I really don't think they can make it.

May 13, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #239 of 378
i got some love for the underdogs...........aint no tellin' the bulls might win 4 straight. since the lakers are , im rooting for gs, chi, nj and the suns to duke it out in the finals of their respective conference. trust me, david stern is rooting for the very same teams(u might wanna include clevland), if not then ratings is going to fall.........BIG TIME.

May 14, 2007 at 1:43 AM Post #240 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
San Antonio? Boring basketball and Duncan whines more than Rosie O'Donnell.

He does it with his face every single time he hears a whistle blow on D. Getting really, really annoying to have to see that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back