19 custom IEM/TF10/Shure/IE8 cables reviewed (Effect Pearl, Apollo, & Odin added 3/20/13)
Mar 8, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #256 of 687

Quote:
anyone knows if the Unique Melody UM 50" IEM fits the TF10? thanks

I believe Rooth uses the same cables as UM, and the pins are slightly larger than Westone/JHA cables, which have larger pins than the TF10, so no, I don't think they will fit.

Quote:
Hello everybody, I read all the reviews and they were awesome, so I decided to buy a new cable for my little JH16 baby and due to my doubts on how a cable could improve the sound of my IEM I decided I wouldn't spend $ 300 on a cable. So I read the Chris_himself review and decided to give it a shot.
As a side note : I have been training for the past month with the help of the Harman How To Listen App to be able to see the differences between stock and CH cable.
I got it yesterday and let me tell you that the sound really made me feel as if I bought a new Pair of IEMs. THe JH16 just sounded better. Better instrument placement, better highs, and really REALLY better bass.
The JH16 just feel perfect with the Chris_himself cable.
THanks again everybody for the reviews and thank you to Chris for making affordable cables that are better than what you paid for.

Thanks for sharing.

Mar 9, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #259 of 687

Quote:
Hello everybody, I read all the reviews and they were awesome, so I decided to buy a new cable for my little JH16 baby and due to my doubts on how a cable could improve the sound of my IEM I decided I wouldn't spend $ 300 on a cable. So I read the Chris_himself review and decided to give it a shot.
As a side note : I have been training for the past month with the help of the Harman How To Listen App to be able to see the differences between stock and CH cable.
I got it yesterday and let me tell you that the sound really made me feel as if I bought a new Pair of IEMs. THe JH16 just sounded better. Better instrument placement, better highs, and really REALLY better bass.
The JH16 just feel perfect with the Chris_himself cable.
THanks again everybody for the reviews and thank you to Chris for making affordable cables that are better than what you paid for.

+1.  Just got my Chris_himself cable for my JH-16pro and really exceeded my expectation.    Half the costs of my previous cable but sounded like a match make in heaven.    Thanks to this thread and the reviews.    

Mar 22, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #261 of 687

Quote:

Any word from Craig?

Nope, sadly nothing as of yet. I really cannot be bothered to write more e-mails. From what I gathered from the (now an "archive") Whiplash sponsor forum he was hospitalized for some time. While I certainly appreciate that something like that would be totally out of his hands and that he probably has had a lot of catching up to do, I really would have appreciated if anyone from Whiplash would get back to me. I mean, c'mon, it's been a month.
redface.gif

However, I did receive a "Thor" cable from Stephen over at Custom-IEM.com yesterday and i'll be posting about that later. So far all I've had time to do was snap some photos and have a quick listen
etysmile.gif

Mar 24, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #263 of 687
Yes, indeed. I do hope he gets better soon. While many have been complaining about products not being delivered and such I'm sure it was out of his hands and that he'll do his best to catch up as soon as he can find the time and energy. Head-Fi'ers can be very demanding.

I was actually under the impression that he had some customer service help around. If that isn't the case, I do feel bad that I've been so whiny about the lack of response from Whiplash.

Mar 27, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #264 of 687
These are my recently DIY IEM cables, not a difficult task providing you've got all the materials needed. Less expensive and more choices than that of the aftermarket, but could be really time-consuming...huh!

Mar 29, 2012 at 4:57 AM Post #269 of 687
Tim, those cables look amazing, are you using Toxic or Double Helix for your builds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back